Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

It seems like one of the toughest things will be to make sure that each track individually is worth listening to as well.

Don't worry too much about that. Once all the WIPs come rolling in there will be discussions about them in the forum (when it's back on - Callin' Zak here :)) to help improve the overall quality of the project. This way the less experienced people will get help by the more experienced ones, so they even learn in the process!

If no one signs on for track 3.13 (Sacrifice part 1) by the WIP deadline, I'll take it.

I don't think anyone will because it's only a few hours left and I don't expect a giant all-of-a-sudden hype for this project right now, so I will just sign you up, K? :D

Also, just to clarify, is the WIP deadline for ONE song, or all songs we're signed up for? I have to re-record the guitar and Innocent Water and I'm just now starting on Sacrifice 2. :/

One song should be enough for the first date, don't worry too much! And since you signed in for the first two Sacrifice songs, maybe you can turn them into one mix that covers both of them? Just an idea, it's up to you in the end. ^-^

REMINDER FOR EVERY MUSICIAN INVOLVED:

Tomorrow is the first WIP deadline! Don't miss it!

One song should be enough for the first date, don't worry too much! And since you signed in for the first two Sacrifice songs, maybe you can turn them into one mix that covers both of them? Just an idea, it's up to you in the end. ^-^

That's what I had in mind, actually. :P

This is the direction I wanted to go for Sacrifice 2:

http://neutronstar.org/music/sd3-sacrifice2.mp3

I'll probably ditch the fake guitar and just go with pure percussion with metal drums for melodies, etc...

-steve

Don't know what's happening now. I have a rough WIP which I'm working on, don't think I'll change the style much any more, though I'm willing to and if I can think of a new direction will do. I submitted my first version a while ago and got access to the forums, then nothing happened... So where do I stand now? Do you want me to send you my WIP again?

Oh, you got problems with your WIP? There were a few forum problems. At the moment the new forums are being set up by Zak, so in the meantime you can just send me the WIP over AIM/MSN/YIM or PM me here in the forum with an URL to the WIP. Don't worry too much, as you have a WIP. I think there are people around here who don't have a WIP yet and I am more worried about them...

IS it ok if I make a reference to another song that I didn't sign up for? There's a part in my mix (1-02 Where Angels Fear to Tread) where a part of 3-12 (Angel's Fear) would fit in perfectly.

Since they both have the same theme in them (the Secret of Mana main theme) it's not a big deal, go ahead :)

On a sad note, Adhesive_Boy has left us, so we are still stuck at 75%, leaving 15 songs open. But that's still a lot, and as I said, I volunteer to do some open songs, if necessary. If any other mixers do, this will be even more great and we get to a higher coverage :) I would at least like to see someone taking Evening Star... And I would totally love Delicate Affection to be done in a Junkmonkey-kind of style. A song that sweet also needs sweet instruments. But I know, you are too busy already, Junk :/

Ah, I see...

Dang, I just realized how huge this project is. How many CDs will this go on?

Better buy a 50-pack spindle.

It seems like one of the toughest things will be to make sure that each track individually is worth listening to as well.

I dont know about anybody else, but if it gets to the point mine are unlistenable you guys can remove me and I wont get upset. Maybe if I can find a cheap program to make midi's I can get around my crappy soundfonts... :?

BTW, I think I'm gonna start Raven from scratch. Maybe I'll incorporate the string parts else where but I dont think it will piano anymore.

Ah, I see...

I dont know about anybody else, but if it gets to the point mine are unlistenable you guys can remove me and I wont get upset. Maybe if I can find a cheap program to make midi's I can get around my crappy soundfonts... :?

BTW, I think I'm gonna start Raven from scratch. Maybe I'll incorporate the string parts else where but I dont think it will piano anymore.

If you want to do your mix in MIDI, I volunteer to record it! Just to let you know. This does not only apply to you :)

Ah, I see...

If you want to do your mix in MIDI, I volunteer to record it! Just to let you know. This does not only apply to you :)

Yeah man, if your arrangement is decent and you're only using MIDI, I'd be happy to run through Reason 3.0 for some better samples.

Usa, my audio recording equiptment is acing weird and there's not much I can do with 1-02 Where Angels Fear to Tread, until I get it figured out. Now, I still want to keep the track, but I was wondering if I could try my hand at 2-01 Left-handed Wolf as well. I've got some ideas in mind that would only require MIDI. If someone else really wants the track bad, I'd be perfectly willing to hand it over to them, or collaborate. Lemme know what you think.

Usa, my audio recording equiptment is acing weird and there's not much I can do with 1-02 Where Angels Fear to Tread, until I get it figured out. Now, I still want to keep the track, but I was wondering if I could try my hand at 2-01 Left-handed Wolf as well. I've got some ideas in mind that would only require MIDI. If someone else really wants the track bad, I'd be perfectly willing to hand it over to them, or collaborate. Lemme know what you think.

I think...hmm....I think I will give it to you *signs up* Yeah, and if you need some special instruments you can't do with reason (for exammple some realistic sounding acoustic ones or ethnic ones) just drop me a line and I will help you :)

I think...hmm....I think I will give it to you *signs up* Yeah, and if you need some special instruments you can't do with reason (for exammple some realistic sounding acoustic ones or ethnic ones) just drop me a line and I will help you :)

Thanks man. For 1-02 I was planning on something more of a good ol' rock song, with some possible vocals. So samples probably aren't gunna make the cut. I might make a rough MIDI version though, just so I have a WIP to post.

Thanks man. For 1-02 I was planning on something more of a good ol' rock song, with some possible vocals. So samples probably aren't gunna make the cut. I might make a rough MIDI version though, just so I have a WIP to post.

Hehe, I actually tried rock on Little Sweet cafe. You can hear it here. No real instruments involved here, just my synths.

But, I am going for something even more nice :)

USA, I sent you a deadline wip submission of Three of darkside a few days ago, so, just reminding you in case you didn't open the pm yet.

No problems here, I already got it...did I forgot to reply you? Sorry if I did. Oh, and btw. it's Usa, not USA. I am not affiliated with the United States, it's the shortened Japanese word for rabbit instead :) You hear me, K-wix? :P

MaliceX: Thanks for your WIPs, they sound really nice so far. I will definitely comment on them in a detailed way, as soon as the new forum is up. It will be in less than a week. :)

All of the other artists who made a WIP which I didn't comment yet, I will do so on the new forum, as well! The URL will be published here in the channel so you can get on as soon as it's set up completely. Zak has already done a lot, so don't worry, it won't be long until it's up!

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL REMIXERS:

We just passed WIP checkpoint 1, and there were a lot of WIPs that were submitted in time. However, there are some people I haven't heard from, and I strongly encourage them to get in contact with me and show me some kind of WIP, or keep me updated about their status on the project.

I compiled a list of the artists that I need to talk with and will edit this post and remove the ones I've talked to from the list.

The following people still need to check in:

Antipode

CPacaud

housethegrate

k-wix

rokusu

RushJet1

Seraphim

Soraya

You can PM me here, post in the thread, mail me, add me in any IM of your choice. I will, on the other hand, try to contact these people by myself. There's nothing to worry about right now, if you don't have your WIP in time. I just need to know who needs more time, etc. to know who's still around :)

The sample rock version of LSC is waaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooo cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesy. I feel like Ima watchin' Yuyu hakasu's opening theme bak in 1994...happy memories...4 a 4yr old. lmao

Haha, of course...the vocals are missing, and it's a very very coarse try at this, basically I just wanted to show it because of the sounds. But rest assured, it wouldn't make it on the project like this. I got a more easy version in mind right now. :D

Hey, you guys still wanting people to do tracks? Chagall (Brassfire) and I are interested in remixing a few of the remaining tracks, namely Rolling Cradle and Evening Star.

If you need proof of our remixing efforts, she did her first mix in three days for a contest at RPGamer and won the best amateur remix for their February 2005 contest. It's in here . Since we'll have more than three days, I anticipate we'll be able to create something even better this time around.

EDIT: For RPGamer's hotlink denial.

Hey, you guys still wanting people to do tracks? Chagall and I are interested in remixing a few of the remaining tracks, namely Rolling Cradle and Evening Star.

Yeah, we are trying to get this project 100% filled out. I will sign you up, so you got the project two steps closer to completion :)

btw. the link you sent me didn't work properly, but you don't need an audition or something, just confidence that you can do it. We are looking forward to your first work in progress :)

Arg, I forgot RPGamer doesn't like hotlinking songs. This should at least point you to the contest.

Haha, they don't seem to be too hot on hotlinking, indeed :)

*listens* Not bad, not bad! You sure do love your Roland, don't you? ^-^ I like the arrangement, while the sounds could be a bit better, but I can help you out a bit with that, if necessary ^-^

Hi! Outworlder got me to sign up for this. So now I'm dragging more people into it. MUAHAHA!

You want to sign up? do you already have a track you want to choose? ^-^

Edit: 2nd WIP DEADLINE: 15. FEBRUARY 2006

...should leave enough time for some of the open tracks to be taken.

• Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic