Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

Yo, Brassfire told me about this remix and I was wondering if I could take Delicate Affection. If you want to peek on some other remix I did check http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=5110 or a WIP I was doing http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=4352

Hmm, how is communication, sending of songs etc done, thru the forums?

*listens* Not bad, not bad! You sure do love your Roland, don't you? ^-^ I like the arrangement, while the sounds could be a bit better, but I can help you out a bit with that, if necessary ^-^

You want to sign up? do you already have a track you want to choose? ^-^

Help with better sounds is always appreciated!

Outworlder signed us both up, we'll be working together on those two pieces. (I'm Chagall.)

Outworlder signed us both up, we'll be working together on those two pieces. (I'm Chagall.)

Oh, you are Chagall! :) Didn't know that. OKi, then, welcome to the project! :D

Yo, Brassfire told me about this remix and I was wondering if I could take Delicate Affection. If you want to peek on some other remix I did check http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=5110 or a WIP I was doing http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=4352

Hmm, how is communication, sending of songs etc done, thru the forums?

I've listened to your submissions to VGMix and I have to tell you that this is exactly the sound I was looking for for "Delicate Affection", so you are gladly welcome to do this song! I won't hand this out so easily to anyone because this piece really has some importance to me and I was looking for a really beautiful orchestral version of it. But you seem to have all that stuff ready *signs up* :)

Communication and WIP submissions are taking place on the project site's forum, which is at the moment down due to maintenance. We will inform you about the URL when it will be accessible. The forum also has file upload capability, so you don't need to worry about web space too much :D

2nd WIP DEADLINE: 15. FEBRUARY 2006

Oh, phew! I was afraid you were gunna shoot for the end of december or something. This is great. I should have plenty of time to get my equiptment working again. Thanks.

Hahaha, no...in fact, I am on vacation in Germany until january, so I wanted to set a date at which I have all my equipment back together.

Oh, and I want to publicly announce that "Delicate Affection" is really coming out nicely, thanks to TheDeath! Great job, man! :D

Oh, you are Chagall! :) Didn't know that. OKi, then, welcome to the project! :D

No worries. He edited his post when I changed my username.

Anyway, we've started on the two tracks, however won't be posting the wips quite yet.

What's happening as regards feedback and the private forums? I trust you'll keep us informed :? .

Yeah, I will keep you all informed about that. The main problem here was that Zak himself was unable to set up a forum for some reasons, so he must rely on someone to set a forum up. He managed to get a part-forum at a big site he is involved with, but that forum is closed due to maintenance for now. At the very moment this changes and the forum will be available to the public, we will inform you. Just relax for now :)

Hey everyone, sorry to come in so late. But after we talked earlier, Usa, I think I've decided to join up.

I'm glad that even now there's a few of the songs I like left- I'd like to work with Decision Bell, if that's all right. Electric Talk and Ancient Dolphin appeal to me also... maybe if I feel like I can handle 'em, I'll ask to take them on later as well. :3 But for now, just Decision Bell would do. It'd be an honor to be a part of this project; I'm still fairly new to OCR, but I feel like I'm up to the challenge.

Hey everyone, sorry to come in so late. But after we talked earlier, Usa, I think I've decided to join up.

I'm glad that even now there's a few of the songs I like left- I'd like to work with Decision Bell, if that's all right. Electric Talk and Ancient Dolphin appeal to me also... maybe if I feel like I can handle 'em, I'll ask to take them on later as well. :3 But for now, just Decision Bell would do. It'd be an honor to be a part of this project; I'm still fairly new to OCR, but I feel like I'm up to the challenge.

Hey! Cool thing you want to join! I'll sign you up in a breeze! :D Only 9 songs left for now. Let's hope this will get filled out, because it really is a massive project then :) We already have a lot of great substance. If you need any help, just talk to me, OK? OK! ^-^

The only song of merit that I see remaining is Religion Thunder and maybe Person's Die. Almost all of the good songs are taken. :lol:

And that's a good thing, as long as y'all do a good job, which I'm sure you'll do.

And if you ever hear back from House. He's got a great song; it'd be a shame if he can't do it.

I know. But it's suck if he can't submit because he missed the WIP deadlines. Though it's probably for a good reason why we haven't heard anything from him since...what, Brinstar Minibossa?

Actually, I already managed to talk to him about this issue a few days ago, and he said he is still undecided it he really wants to do the song, mainly because someone else does it on DoD's mana month. That's why I haven't removed him from that list on page 9 yet. It's more like a "talked to and cleared things with that person". So let's hope he won't quit on us :)

i know im like really late, but is there anyway I can do Religion Thunder?

edit: I already have a mix of "Religion Thunder" that I can submit and be all caught up like for WIP1. please? I'll give you one of my kidneys.... and I'll even throw in a Pancreas.

*convincing smile?*

Hehe, you seem to REALLY want this track. So, no problem with signing you up for it, just don't worry too much :)

Edit: I listened to your track and it's already pretty nice, nothing to complain about, with one exception: The piano sounds too synthy. But I can help you with that :) I've already done quite a few collabs, so we should keep in contact about that one. Are you up to it? :D

Edit again: ONLY 5 SONGS LEFT! THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!

I know. But it's suck if he can't submit because he missed the WIP deadlines. Though it's probably for a good reason why we haven't heard anything from him since...what, Brinstar Minibossa?

He just did a song for DoD's Mana month, and before that (just a couple months ago, in fact) he did a song from Mega Man X, as well as several others before that (one of which is right here on OCR). He's done quite a bit since Minibossa. ;)

This post is to confirm I have restarted the remix on Female Turbulance. This one sounds much 'easier to listen to' this time I promise you.

I just listened to it on my Yamaha PSR-3000 keyboard. Wow! Very beautiful! I absolutely love what you did with the strings in the intro. The part after that reminded me a bit of "The Dragon Boy" from the Sen to Chihiro no kamikakuchi soundtrack. Really nice :) I also love the fact that you used a lot of different musical styles in this one. Keep up the good work!

Edit: 4 SONGS LEFT!

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, it isn't - but at the moment, Zak seems to have no time for the forums, he was occupied for the last weeks, and I haven't seen him for a while now. Let's hope this will change soon. It seemed a bit like I am the main coordinator because I did a lot of coordination for the past months. And, let's hope he doesn't back off...meaning I am alone on this one...

For my part, I have SERIOUS hard drive problems with more than one drive which I am trying to fix right now. It's like a giant, mind-boggling puzzle. You have to think of each step carefully.

In addition, I got a final test tomorrow, plus my vacations which I will spend in Germany will start soon, meaning I won't be here as much as I used to. Don't let that disturb you, because I will be back and the project will get done next year. Too much awesomness already in there! Keep up the great work!

Yeah, I'm still (sort of) working on mine. I have every intention to have it finished by the deadline, so I certainly hope it's not dead.

BTW, does anybody want to take 1-02 Where Angels Fear to Tread from me? I love the tune, but I can seem to come up with anything that does it justice.

BTW, does anybody want to take 1-02 Where Angels Fear to Tread from me? I love the tune, but I can seem to come up with anything that does it justice.

I'd LOVE to do an acoustic guitar version of that, but my plate's kind of full right now with 3 other songs. :(

Usa, when do you think the project should be finished? I know you were looking at a 2nd WIP deadline for February...I wonder if I can get away with taking my guitars in to work. :P

-steve

• Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic