Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

I talked a large videogame fansite on Facebook into covering us once the album's released. I may see if I can finance a sponsor'd post through them to make sure all 16,000 of their fan base sees it.

Hows your track comin' Rozo? :D

Also, I talked to Jaka some time ago. He was abroad for college-related purposes over the Summer and he was in the middle of getting a new PC to finish up his work on here. I'm waiting to hear back from him again, but I probably won't need to wait too long.

Edited by Meteo Xavier

I can probably guess at least a few of you are wondering what to think of "Spectrum of Mana" coming out as we're nearing completion here. I'll admit it took me by surprise, I hadn't even heard of it until a week ago and my first thoughts were "Oh Lord, now people will think we're a bunch of Johnny-Come-Latelys, if they don't already know we've been working on this for years!"

Honestly, though, as in the pure, self-centered context of what we're doing for Songs of Light and Darkness, this is probably a huge blessing. While Secret of Mana is undoubtedly the more popular of the two, SD3 has a sizable following as well, and I think Spectrum will very much get the ball rolling for interest in Seiken Densetsu projects. That was sort of a big fear for me once we got this thing done - I couldn't figure out the best way to get the ball rolling for it.

In any case, I don't imagine many of you were thinking about it in terms of competition, but I figured Spectrum was getting enough attention lately that it was worth saying something on it for those who were.

Now be a true Mana fan and support them for their release as I'm sure they'd be supporting ours. :)

Folks, go check out the Legend of Mana preview _and_ the Spectrum of Mana album that just got released. More mana. MOAR MANAAAH.

And we're almost done. I have a few things I'm spuming on my my tracks, and we're waiting for a wav or two from Archangel, but then it's off to project evals for this little behemoth. And what a behemoth it is. I wanna share this already! :D

Just wanted to let everyone know that our interview with Kikuta is translated, complete, and awesome. Well worth the wait! The answers he gave back are extremely insightful, full of honesty and no pretense whatsoever, and one story about an AKAI synthesizer I almost don't believe. Great stuff to look forward to (or I thought so at least).

Also, I've been in talks with a band called "The World Is Square" and they are quite interested in doing a track for us (they were recently released on SPECTRUM OF MANA). One track might open up because the .WAV file for it might have been permanently lost (waiting to hear back from one of the previous artists first), so I'm trying to get a replacement set up in the meantime. I know you guys are ravenous to get this bastard done and I'm working on it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, about time for an update.

I was able to get a hold of Jaka. He is essentially finished with WHERE ANGELS FEAR TO TREAD and just wants to polish up the mix some more. I've asked for a current .WAV. This is particularly awesome because I've had a lot of trouble finding potential replacements until very recently (and now I have some PMs to send out :P).

I've been talking with our previous project director, Usabellchan (or Usa or whatever you remember him as), and I believe he is interested in doing a remix of 316 Reincarnation once he's back from vacation. That track is on-going.

Also good news is I was recently made administrator to a large Facebook gaming community, which means more good coverage for Seiken Densetsu 3 once it comes out. :)

@Mak - how far are you on your update?

Yes, about time for an update.

I was able to get a hold of Jaka. He is essentially finished with WHERE ANGELS FEAR TO TREAD and just wants to polish up the mix some more. I've asked for a current .WAV. This is particularly awesome because I've had a lot of trouble finding potential replacements until very recently (and now I have some PMs to send out :P).

I've been talking with our previous project director, Usabellchan (or Usa or whatever you remember him as), and I believe he is interested in doing a remix of 316 Reincarnation once he's back from vacation. That track is on-going.

Also good news is I was recently made administrator to a large Facebook gaming community, which means more good coverage for Seiken Densetsu 3 once it comes out. :)

Thank goodness lol. I was worried that my collab w/ Archangel would fall thru the cracks. I'm so stoked for this project to be completed!

Edited by HoboKa

I've remade first part and almost finished the second. But my daw moved some notes -1ms or so. I need to fix that. After I'll rerecord guitars. I need two hours(max) if i fix that daw trick.

edit: it seems i have to fix every damn loop... annoying)

Edited by Mak Eightman

• 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic