Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

It's done! It's actually fucking done!

Usa turned in a final .WAV today and no more changes are needed on it - meaning the project is now 100% complete in terms of tracks!

We still need to get our shit together for everything else, and now I can start building an additional PR plan (which I will still bother some for help with, whether you like it or not, :P) but the main point of the project is finally over!

I'm actually so excited I want to post this on the main Community page. Do you think they would let me? I want to start building some buzz and hype for it. :D :D :D

What needs to happen soon of course is to determine a track order and host me a set of WAVs (and the directors/artists comments where available) so that I can get started preparing the package. That'll keep me occupied while you guys put the other final pieces in place. :-)

If you wanna "ZOMG" in Community, be my guest. :lol:

What needs to happen soon of course is to determine a track order and host me a set of WAVs (and the directors/artists comments where available) so that I can get started preparing the package. That'll keep me occupied while you guys put the other final pieces in place. :-)

Now that everything's in, I will be working on a track order. I got a start already, but I needed everything else in first before I could get too far.

You and me need to have an IM dialogue somewhere so we can discuss the finer aspects. We have more than just director/artist comments that need to be added in somewhere. Rozovian's schedule, to my best current frame of reference, is still very busy and random, so I need to be taking some charge of that and delivering to him.

My next little while is busy with private life things, but after July 10th, I should hopefully be pretty clear to put this up to my personal priority to administrate.

Edited by Meteo Xavier

Yea this is great news. I remember contacting rozo a couple years ago and shouting encouragement. This is one big beast with a LOT of history, the artists deserve to have their music finally released. I can imagine a lot of folks on the album being surprised to see their old songs they didn't even remember existed on the front page :D

• 3 weeks later...

I've worked on a track order some, but I've been waiting to for what we need to do to send them through evaluation first. I've been letting Roz handle that, but he's still busy and I've been wondering today if I need to jump in and do that myself instead. I'd been writing you and seeing Rozovian on occasion, but it hasn't worked out yet that anything's moved forward from it yet.

What I do is order the tracks, name the files properly, convert them to FLAC, try to tag them to ocr standards, include the artwork, and send it in... you should definitely be in touch with Rozo though so you don't turn it in and forget something but it's up to you and there's probably not a huge rush what with all the multitude of albums they're preparing for release now... :-o

Well, I'm trying to order them in a good way so each disc of the project has a good balance and a nice, dramatic progression from song to song.

For example - while each track on here is most definitely good, some tracks are, for lack of a better term, filler, while others really stand out in a variety of ways. Some are epic metal monsters, others are fun orchestral bits, some are dark, some are very light, etc. What I want to do is be able to manipulate the moods and balance out energies so there isn't really a part of the full project that's weak, and put songs that have special dramatic value in the right places (i.e. songs that most definitely sound like they could start a whole new disc by themselves will do exactly that).

With 5 CDs worth of music, it's going to be a challenge, and Roz has told me to wait on doing it on serious merits until we send the whole thing into evaluation. I think he's the one actually submitting it, but I can do that too if he's busy (and I know he is).

• 1 month later...

Oh wow, I thought I wrote an update here, but it's not there.

Ok, so it's been a little while longer in making an update than I realized. Here's what's going on with the project right now - it's still essentially complete, but it's waiting on me to create the tracklist before it can be sent in for evaluation. So this time, it's actually ME holding up production on it.

Why is it taking me so long to make up a tracklist? Well, there's a few reasons for it (or excuses, however you prefer to see it :P), the first and foremost being that my August has been particularly wild and ridiculous. For those who don't know, my body has been losing physical strength and energy gradually for the past several years and in July, I finally had to see a doctor about it. At first I was put on anti-depressants and ambien, along with vitamins, to help see if that can restore my positive energy, then later it was determined via blood test my testosterone is low, so I had to start taking testosterone shots to rebuild my body's physical strength and energy. This worked at first, but sooner or later, when you start taking a bunch of new medicine, there's going to be complications and boy were there ever! The shots initially actually had me bedridden because two days later I'd have debilitating pain in my leg. I also found out I wasn't taking the ambien correctly and had to stop for a bit - and that resulted in a WEEKLONG total insomnia rebounding that truly fucked me up for a week and fucked up my schedule for several weeks.

Then my wife got sick at the same time, and this shit wasn't cheap so I had take extra video and photography jobs to help make up the bills.

Then the cat got fleas and that's been difficult because the fleas are stubborn and they make me paranoid due to my autism. Fucking hate fleas, they drive me nuts.

In the meantime, I also had to start doing some other paid music gigs I was finally lucky to get, but their productions were also weird schedule-wise, and by the time it looked like I finally had time to put this project back on my priority schedule, my headphones BROKE and I need to get them repaired.

This kind of shit happens to me ALL the time and it's impossible to plan for. I probably could've gotten the tracklist done by now, but it just didn't work out that way on my end. I don't want to just throw the tracks together and submit it either, I want to CAREFULLY select the best progression of sounds from start to finish I can. I don't even want to do them on my basic speakers, I want to do them on my headphones where I can hear everything clearly and be able to select from there.

You guys put in the effort to make the songs, I need to put in the effort to make the song list - I just had not had the right energy and time to do it yet.

Some of you may be asking, "Well gee Meteo, I still see you post on here and be a dick in IRC and Facebook and all that, why don't you quit doing that shit and focus on this?"

The answer is, "because I need to make time for myself to rest and vent too, just like everyone else, or else I can't get it done right. It's even part of my doctor's orders."

So let me get my headphones fixed, which I'll call the guy this week, and I'll try to get back on that.

Thanks again for your ever-patient nature, Ocremix! I greatly appreciate it. :)

• Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic