Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2016 at 2:37 PM, Yosh1PrisMa said:

This is the longest project I've seen in my life ... i know someday will be released, I still have a little hope

You should have more hope than that - it's in the process of being mastered on a $150,000 mastering console by someone who's basically volunteering professional grade skill and equipment for the project (as in for free). So, like everything else in this project, it's taking some time, but that time will be worth it.

I'll check on the goings on for that here soon. Everyone's been busy for the last 6 weeks. I myself have been battling a relapse into clinical depressiveness and that's been gumming up my schedule (which is already at 56 work hours a week to help pay the $4,000 I lost in car damages and more over the summer) and frequently annoying me with existential confusion and distraction. I've had to take whatever breaks I can to ease down on stress while the meds do their job, otherwise it gets worse, but with Halloween over and my personal surroundings improving, I'm getting back into a functional state where I can devote more direct effort to this project again. :)

Such is life, but the bottom line is that things are still moving forward, nothing's stopped, just slow goings.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello. 

Is there any news about this project? Kinda sad.. This was my first OC project. I've rise as musician at OCR, get in few project releases and even died to OCR forever(i guess). Damn, my son is almost one year old, I had no girlfriend when i joined it! But this thing still somewhere - nowhere? 

Anyway. Thank you Rozo for made my music sounds like music!

We're still moving forward. There were some problems along the way on the mastering table and naturally using a real commercial studio with a $150,000 mastering setup for free is going to sacrifice something in the way of time, but nothing's cancelled or stalled, just eternally moving a lot slower than we expected due to real life always getting in the way. I myself broke one of my vertebrae last month.

I contemplate now the plausibility of just saying "YES WE CANCELLED IT IT'S DEAD NOW YOU HAPPY?" so that y'all'd shut up and we can continue working on it in peace.

>:D

I'm just kidding. We're still trying to work on it as we can, I'm just trying to make light of the infinite delays and help keep the mood comical instead of tense as the universe makes us earn every inch we crawl towards completion. :P

It's coming, we promise. If it dies or gets cancelled for whatever reason, we'll tell you so. If you're not sure, assume we're working on it (because we are).

We're finishing up the mastering. There were some unexpected hurdles to overcome, but almost all of the mastering work is done, we're going to set up a control listen so the artists can verify that we haven't destroyed their mixes in the mastering process. We'll try to speed up these last stages of the project, so if you've got a track on the album, stick around, be available for this.

I think I'll update the first post with the tracklist and metadata soon, so we can all verify that track and artist names and capitalization and everything is in order. And it's a nice reveal for everyone looking forward to the album too.

• 1 month later...

BIG NEWS!

The mastered tracks are finished and have been delivered to Ocremix staff! Now the staff, who as we've seen with this week's release of the 62nd OCR project album are extremely efficient about releases and have it down to a science by now, have all the finished and mastered audio!

At this moment I'm unsure if we still lack enough artwork, but I don't think that should be a huge hurdle to complete. Any other hurdles from here should be minor. I know I've said that before, but now that the top brass has the full mastered content, it's extraordinarily unlikely anything should mess it up now. :D

Thank you for your patience and hanging on with us (or at least restraining yourselves from REALLY dramatic acting out on it). We hit a MAJOR finish line FINALLY and things should go quite good from here to release.

Look forward to it! It may come up sooner than you think (a first for this project!) :D

Ayup.

We still need to make sure the artists are cool with the mastered versions, so we'll get them uploaded somewhere for artists to check. That's, I think, the most time-consuming thing left to do.

But that means there's not much left that's delaying this thing. I've been waiting for this for a long time.

No more unexpected delays pls.

I don't know if we'll be able to guarantee putting them up for artists to listen to and approve - for reasons which should be obvious (if not obvious: the difficulty of trying to get so many artists to sign off on them, a number of which don't come here anymore and we don't have contact with, when we've already arrived past the final, honest-to-God finished phase of the music).

At this point I think they'd be more interested to see it release already than tie it up in something like that.

• 2 months later...

Just a small update that things behind the scenes are still running smoothly. Someone had an idea for the album that helps give it some conceptual "shine" of sorts and it was actually relayed to me through DJP. Won't say what it is yet and needs Rozovian's approval, but with some work it could be a nice little thing to help make this album project feel special. :)

So that's just a mini-update while I'm thinking on it. We be moving forward little by little. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Right now I'm the one holding up the works and I apologize for that. Hurricanes battering the East Coast doesn't stop my work week, it just makes it more difficult on top of my usual double-full time work schedule.

When I'm not utterly exhausted and better caught up with my own work shit here in the next I hope week or two, I'll get back into this. Sorry again!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Sorry folks, couldn't get much done this week. Been a pretty shitty set of 7 days. Water main blew up for the second time this month on Monday, wife's been sick all week and so have I for trace bits of it, had to get transmission work done on my car and it's still acting up and today my grandma died; among other things.

So I'll see what the Thanksgiving weekend can give me in terms of availability and continue on from there.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally think it's VERY appropriate that the Secret of Mana project will be released before this one - even with all that implies on the development speed here. Surely the game that precedes this one should come out before this one, yes?

I've not had a ***damn moment to breathe since my last post. I am in OCR Discord a lot but I'm always working in addition to that too (the chat function is to allow me some mental stimulation as I multi-task to keep going. I want to compare it to an engine of some kind, but I don't know much about engines). I have some new work that came in right as I need to help cover the cost of my new car, but I think this weekend will give me the opportunity I seek for the work I need to do here.

Thank you for your continued patience with me. I'm sorry I still have to ask for patience as I'm having yet another one of the most punishing holiday seasons I've ever experienced, but I'll be dead before I give up!

And even then, I'll try to pull some strings behind the mortal veil to keep pushing along as well. ;)

Good advice for project directors: consolidate your data early and often.

I've been trying to find all the bios and track notes our remixers have sent us. I've got a good bunch of them, and I've yet to dig through ocr PMs and facebook messages. But if you're an artist on the project and you know you haven't sent us a bio and some thoughts on your track, please do so. Otherwise I have to make stuff up. For example:

HoboKa: "Malevolent Intent was written as a symphonic poem for three kazoos and a florist, with a solo originally intended for an actual elephant. It contrasts and compares Finnish grammar with the gradual day-night cycle implementation in the game. The remix has a very personal meaning for me, as it reflects my feelings about the number of syllables in my name. I think it's my best work from back then, that particular week when I finished it. I hope you enjoy it."

I hope no track notes or bios are in my aim convo history. I'd hate to have to go through all that as well.

Also: the Secret of Mana album is out! Go grab it now!

• Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic