Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

• 2 weeks later...
I see that Innocent Sea is untaken, I don't know about my status with Jeremy at this point for Flamelet, but I have a great idea for innocent sea, I'm going to start working on it.

That sounds cool, I will sign you up on it right away. Haven't seen you around for a long time, were you away or something?

What about our collab for MWW?

EDIT: OK, because this is a very ambituous project we will give you some more time. A lot of people seem to be quite busy, too. The next WIP due date will be 12th of June. Let's hope the people who didn't come back to me or Zak will give me notice about their status on their songs, this time there are some possible removals from the project, be warned :)

On the other hand, I will try to contact as many people as possible myself, so let's see how this will work out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah, that is good news! I love collab tracks since this improves the quality of tracks most of the time! Four ears hear more than two ears, and if you work together you can join forces and everyone does what he/she can do best! :)

Besides, on the next WIP due date (which will be in like 10 days) I will add specific status notes on all the BLACK tracks - so if you have a track that is currently listed black in the tracklisting in the first post of this topic, you should contact me/submit a WIP very soon if you don't want to be possibly removed from the project. It is OK not to work on your track and to keep me informed at the same time, but it is not OK to not inform me at all on your status. It's now a long time already since this started and slowly we all should get in shape and get this crackin' - yay! ^.^

I may end up missing the deadline...I'll have a third WIP but my intention was to be near complete and I'm not quite there yet. To top that off I havent been able to get any decent string samples yet...

Will I get booted off if I do miss this one? I will try to make it I just dont think I'll make enough progress by then.

Just wanted to say this.

I'm a really big fan of SoM's music. Most all of it's really really good. I've also already played through SD3. The strange thing is, however, that when I went to go listen to the SPCs after hearing about this project, I couldn't recall more than like 3 songs from the whole soundtrack before I started listening. Then I started listening to the SPCs. It just so happened that the first one I picked was Harvest November. I nearly cried of happiness because that was such a good track, and this project was being made. Then I listened to the opening theme, and thought that was really nice as well..................then...

What happened? I listened to all the tracks after that, and they were SO lame. They were all so simple, and not even the good kind of simple. After listening to them all, I only put 7 in a folder that I really liked. There were a few more that were okay, but overall, the whole thing was just way too simple, and the melodies were worse than Nobuo's. I'd even played the game before!

Hopefully this just means the project will be even better. Good luck!

Anyway, here's what I think has gone wrong with this original soundtrack. Wasn't he the head of the sound composition AND production for Secret of Mana? I heard that he/they used the SNES's sound in a way that had never been done before. But with SD3, oftentimes I would hear Kikuta try to make a similar style to that of SoM's, but the samples were just so hollow, and the whole thing was just not complex, which he seems to have a knack for making sound good, as opposed to simplicity. Does anyone know the backstory of what happened regarding him during the making of this game's music? He seemed VERY limited for every single song on this OST.

• Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic