Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

Well, Seiken Densetsu 3 has a significantly different music style from Secret of Mana - it creates a totally different atmosphere. SD3 uses much more mellow sounds than SOM. I kinda like both of the games' OSTs, SD2/SOM because it has such nice and crisp samples which are seldom heard on the SNES, and SD3 for its very special and enchanting, storybook-like mood.

Well, the SPC players I know mess the samples up a bit because they don't exactly emulate the soundchip. I have the original soundtracks on CD, and compared to the SPCs, it has a lot better and rounder sound, and more "rumble" in the bass department. Speaking of bass, SD3 has a lot of nice bass in its OST that makes it very special. In the SPC versions it is missing this nice sound a bit (because of the players), so I guess that could be one of the reasons for your disappointment.

As for simplicity, that is kind of a question of different tastes. For me, I like both styles of music, simple and complex. :)

OK, BIG ANNOUNCEMENT HERE

Well, the third WIP deadline is over! That means, I had to take some people out because they didn't show the smallest activity at all. Sorry about that, folks, you can reclaim your tracks as long as they are red. For the ones that didn't show activity over a longer time and haven't gotten far with their tracks, I colored them purple. Anyone can take them from now on. If you want to reclaim them, please get back to me and show your interest in these tracks.

Further removals are pending, but look, we are still at 91% filled out and got a lot of great WIPs so far. Please go on and keep this rolling, we already are quite far!

The next deadline will be announced soon-ish, too. It's time to get more of this finished, after this long period of seeming inactivity. To all of you who doubt this project is still alive - it is - just that people have been flooded with other projects and because of that had a lot of work on them, which kinda slowed progress on this one down. Nothing to worry about. It's done when it's done :)

Alright, sorry. I havent been online a lot lately.

Here's the deal, I'll be gone on and off the next two weeks, so I wont really have any further progression on my WIP until July. I'll be pretty much free that entire month so I dont suppose it should take me any longer than that. Unless of course that's not okay...

Guest offshore
1-12 Raven (andyjayne) No WIP for a long time

What the hell? This was one of the latest WIPs posted in those vgmpulse forums. It was also the first version considering I took the track on half way through the last stage. I don't know whether you intended to write that but it is absolutely false.

Whoops, now this must have slipped through without me noticing. Sorry about that, I instantly changed everything to its right state now. Sorry again, but sometimes things like these happen :/

Posted up a new WIP on the VGMpulse board. Ancient Dolphin is hard. :?

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww~ I thought you wanted to do it in that style of the piece I showed you from Super Metriod... but, to be honest, it sounds really great this way too, so don't worry *lol*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the forums and the whole vgmpulse site seems to be down right now. Since I am on vacation right now there is not much I can do/say. :/ I will try to contact Zak about this issue ASAP, but I can't promise anything for now. If anyone of you has questions or wants to show me a new WIP you are of course welcome to send me mail to the address in my OCR profile.

Oh yeah, and sorry for any inconvenience!

EDIT: Forums are up and running again!

seriously i bet both are gonna kick ass. Hopefully this one will come out first so it can get the cred it'l deserve. As much as i love all secret mana games(especially snes ones) FFVII is well FFVII and that populace is goin to go bonkers over it, so hopefully this one is realeased first, or quite a ways afetrwards. regardless I'm still gonna check out every track.

• Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic