Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

Just putting it out there, but does anyone else get the feeling that this project is getting overshadowed by the recent FFVII project? Not that it's a problem, but I can't stop but think on it for a little bit. :?

Unfortunately, this project has been rather slow going for quite some time. I doubt it has much to do with the FF7 project.

vgmpulse.net has been hacked, fortunately the forum seems to be intact but I'm not sure how secure the ftp is. I'll be removing my stuff from the ftp shortly unless the security of the website is adequate. If this information I have is incorrect then please correct me, but if you visit the homepage you'll see a message; "Hacked By Amfibi-Slayer".

Damn, they struck again? Why does this happen so often? This is already the third time this happened. I really have to talk to someone here.... Great news for my first day I am back from vacation, huh? :P

vgmpulse.net has been hacked, fortunately the forum seems to be intact but I'm not sure how secure the ftp is. I'll be removing my stuff from the ftp shortly unless the security of the website is adequate. If this information I have is incorrect then please correct me, but if you visit the homepage you'll see a message; "Hacked By Amfibi-Slayer".

Hmmmm, must be those jealous FF7 project people. lolz! :D

Hosting them all on our FTP is not necessary. It is just thought as a "last resort" opportunity to post your song if you don't have any webspace. Normally you can put it everywhere you like and just post the link in the internal WIP forums. Oh, and btw. I talked to Zak today and he said that the hacker attack was not aimed for the project site, but rather another site on the same server. So, there are no jealous FF7 people (at least not that I know of) and the server has been upgraded to a more secure software, so you can still upload your stuff to the FTP and it is secure. Don't panic :)

• 2 weeks later...

hmm. the server that the forums were on were attacked, so Zak moved the forums to a new and more secure server. It's still to be set up though, and that's why you can't upload your WIP to an FTP nor have it rated right now.

Just hold on tight for now.

OK, I got news from Zak who was away for two weeks. The whole VGMpulse site got hacked, and the forum, as well.

In addition, Zak reported he received hate mail originating from a spoofed address with contents similar to the following:

"u don dezerv to make muzic! ROFLMAO"

"seidenkentsaetsu 3 is too l33t for ya to manage"

"lolz low security like vgmix"

Really, how low can people go?

Well, now we are looking for an alternate and secure hosting/forum solution. Of course we are not giving up or anything. So anyone with a suggestion please IM me, OK?

Hey guys, as a fan of SD3 (probably my favorite RPG of all time) I want to say how excited I am about this project.

Sounds like you all have been having some issues, but I'm glad you're sticking to it. :D Nothing good ever comes easy.

not even just underdogs. I mean really, is housethegrate an underdog? :D

Along with Legion303 and Jormungand and whatnot.

also, those people (the ones who left messages) really sound like serious OCR project haters. This has got to be one of the top projects of all time so far. In progress, of course.

Hell yeah, this project is hot, but definately i'm da best 8) (lol)

I hope Usa reads the PM with my mix someday, i haven't had a response yet. :-(

It would be good to release this before the FF7 project,mainly because if we release this at the same time or little after, we will have little attention compared to that project.

Newsflash:

The next WIP deadline will be 12th of October, no matter if we got a new server by then or not. You can contact me in the IM program of your choice if you want to send a WIP my way. But I am pretty sure the server thing gets resolved by then so there will be a new forum and stuff. Just stay tuned, I will inform you on our progress.

Oh, and Prometheus, thanks for your WIP, I already heard it, but didn't want to comment on it right here. So IM or a new forum are my preferred method :)

oh crap. October 12th. thats like, really soon. oh crap.

bah. id be so much more motivated if i had EWQLSO or something ;)

eh.

haha, wouldn't we all =( MONEY!!!!! WE NEED MONEY!!! I'm too young to get a job also -_-" I hate to say it, but child labour is looking quite enticing, lolll, jkjk.

• Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic