Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

Abadoss was probably mentioned because we've talked about his track in the thread. Big surprise that the guy whose track we've talked about is in the project. ;) Maybe you should do more tracks for the project, dude. :D

Weird how I wasn't mentioned. Maybe they're hoping there won't be an eggshaker on the album. That might actually spur me to get mah remixes done.

Anyway, summer's coming, fast. That means everybody's gonna be busy, and then everybody's gonna be lazy. I'm gonna write a list of the tracks we need to have on this project, then check their progress and plan to release the project after they're done. That means, sadly, that there may be tracks that won't be finished in time, and we're not gonna use unfinished tracks on an official ocr project.

Then again, it might mean people (myself included) will actually pick up the pace and GET TEH REMIXES DONE!!

• 2 weeks later...

Can You Fly Sister? was taken and is now free. The remixer didn't have time for it.

Everyone, this project is gonna start rolling in summer gear soon, so get ready. I want this project finished and done well. I know everybody's got school and stuff so I won't hold that against you, but once we're in June that doesn't work anymore.

I'll update the first post when I have time. Probably in June. ;)

Mozzaratti here, new to forums but no stranger to OCR. I was recruited to potentially see where I could help out with the project. I've read over the setup and it all looks good to me, so I guess I just need to get myself to messaging/emailing to see what I need to do to get the ball rolling on my end. So mostly this is lame introduction to myself and a "hello there" to the other project folk. ^.^

I look forward to working with you folks.

That has been Usa's part of the project lately. From what I remember when we last talked about it, he said he'd do the site, we've both got a few artist connections, and when it comes to the rest of the tracks, we got another near-finished track today. :D

We're considering different release plans atm, but we're not planning to release it before fall. It depends on the ocr project queue and stuff like that. The sooner we get tracks in, the sooner we'll know. (meaning: get ur trax in kthx)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hadn't looked at this thread in a while, but since you added a project supporter sig I feel compelled to use it!

Project popularity +0.1! (it all counts!)

Now, keep up the remixing and I look forward to seeing this project come together soon, can't wait to see what someone comes up with for Obsession, and the Sacrifice series.

That has been Usa's part of the project lately. From what I remember when we last talked about it, he said he'd do the site, we've both got a few artist connections, and when it comes to the rest of the tracks, we got another near-finished track today. :D

We're considering different release plans atm, but we're not planning to release it before fall. It depends on the ocr project queue and stuff like that. The sooner we get tracks in, the sooner we'll know. (meaning: get ur trax in kthx)

Just to give you a rough idea of the project timeline as far as I know it, FF4 comes out on July 18th. Xenogears and DKC 2 aren't set in stone as to the release dates, but Xenogears is likely to come out in September/October, and DKC 2 in November/December. After those, there aren't any with particular time periods slated as far as I'm aware. Of course it's a good idea to verify these things with Larry first, as there could always be updates from other projects I'm not aware of.

• 3 weeks later...

The SPC-format soundtrack is here. Get chipamp or (if you're on mac) Audio Overload to listen.

These tracks are, if my notes are correct, free:

116 Oh I'm a Flamelet

301 Can You Fly Sister?

307 Black Soup

314 The Sacrifice pt II

319 Return to Forever

These are covered in multitrack remixes, old remixes, or they're tracks we're not sure the remixer is still working on. Also free to take:

113 Damn Damn Drum

205 Female Turbulence

219 Obsession

305 Weird Counterpoint

311 Religion Thunder

317 Farewell Song

You're impurfekt from the seikens board, right? Did I invite you to the project? I know I was gonna. If not I must have forgotten. Yeah, you're welcome to join.

(updated tracklist is on the first post, not gonna update the one in this post)

--

Today was a good week... I mean, I got a bunch of wips in, some of which are really close to finished. And here we have another contributor. :D

And for some reason I keep saying the project is moving along _slowly_. :D

• Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic