OCR01402 - Kirby's Adventure "The Ballad of Sir Kibbles"

djpretzel

I'll have to say from the outset that I didn't even notice there were drums in this song until I read the judges' decisions and saw some of the judges had issues about them. They really take a backseat to everything, but you know what? The parts of the mix I liked the most were the ones where the drums weren't even playing.

But I think that ultimately the song wouldn't have seemed so good without them, because to me the song progresses from good to better to a wonderful climax at 2:20. Kinda like sex, or a book with a really orgasmic plot.

Yes, one of my favorite tracks from the RotS album.

This was my personal favorite from RotS, and it still holds true. The drums aren't really an issue for me, because they do exactly what they are meant to do without sounding terrible. The rest of the elements in the mix are so excellent that I don't notice the drums, and that's a good role in this context.

:nicework:

-chth

I'm a big fan of this song. Very nicely laid out, with awesome emotive use of the guitar and the synths, here. It's not a particularly complex song, but what it does, it does well. There's a great melody. I enjoy the piano a lot in this one.

I don't really know what else to say, here. I know my reviews are normally a bit more detailed and refined than this, but I really honestly do love this song too much. It's grown on me quickly. All I can say, Suzu, you rock, man. Keep making music.

Wow. A really fun and an interesting remix. The guitar is THE THING to me here. Its so awesome.

I really enjoy this mix but I gotta say that the drums are quite awful. They sound lifeless and not at all like real drums. And they could´ve used some more groove. Now they´re just "The attack of the monotonic hi-hat metronome from outerspace".

But they don´t bother me enough to ruin it all for me. I like this. It has a unique vibe to it and YES, the guitar, OH YES.

I thought that this was an AWESOME mix! It's very calming, and yet it's awesome. It's the best kirby mix that I've heard yet! Suzu, I think that if you keep on doin' what you're doin', you'll please very many people.

The drums were perfect in my mind. I wasn't expecting something that sounded exactly like them, or that really stood out, because I hate it when people overpower the drums in their songs. I think that every aspect of song, except for the end.......I wish it didn't end :(

I've heard this remix somewhere before but can't put my finger on where.. maybe it was in the WIP forums? I'm not sure, but I do remember that I enjoyed this mix thoroughly and wondered often why it was never officially posted on the site. I'm glad that the judges have passed this finally, good to see good stuff make it, even after all this time. :D

I just created an account when I decided I wanted to post my opinion for this piece of music so bear with me :) .

I like the entrance of the song and the introduction of the piano,. I must admit that when I first heard the song I didn't care much for it, but I after listening to it again, it really is a nice work.

Good job and nice work for this piece of music.

This used to be my favorite song of the Kirby CD, but over time I've grown to like "Generalized Vegetal - Theme of Star General" and "Aviator Soul - Theme of Great Ace" more. But this is still one of my favorites and is very well done..

Actually, I like those three the same! It's just that this one used to be my favorite. Very good, justlike everything else in "Rise of the Star". I even printed the cover :ocrgreen:

One word. Magical. Few remixes have I heard that have completely taken the song apart and redone them in a new spectacular way that help you to visualise the area in the game where the song takes place. My favourite remix apart from Dune Arrakis Wormsign by Bart Klepka. Great job! :D

It took multiple listens to decide if I liked this one or not. There was this part of me that said, "Hey man, this guitar is totally rubbing you on the naughty parts. You like that, don't you?" Then there was this other part of me that said, "But these drums are totally poking around in the REALLY naughty parts and you DON'T like that, do you?"

After weighing the pros and cons, I decided that the mix is good. The drums turn me off but if I concentrate on ignoring them, the mix is pretty damn good and I want to listen to it more down the road.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01402 - Kirby's Adventure "The Ballad of Sir Kibbles"