OCR01402 - Kirby's Adventure "The Ballad of Sir Kibbles"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...

I never commented on this remix though I've been listening to it alot since it was released.

I just wanted to comment on how much I like it. There's just something for everyone in this one. Usually I don't like that dirty guitar sound but in this one it really sets up well for the piano.

Very creative work.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm sortof torn on this one- i dig the guitarwork throughout, and the synths are good, but the percussion is weaksauce, and the transition range from good to super-weak. The mixing was mostly good as well, but the ending didn't make sense to me. Still a lot of good things happening in this piece, and I'd love to hear more mixes from Suzu. Hit us up with some more, please! :-D

• 4 weeks later...

This is one of those weird tracks that I've forgotten about because I had thought I had already decided one way or the other if I liked this one or not but apparently I hadn't. Looking back on my records, I haven't reviewed this one. Huh...

Annnyway, I agree with OA for the most part on this track. The transitions feel really stop-go. Unlike OA, I don't care for the guitars or synths as much, but the piano work here is wonderful. Also there's a whole lot of things going on here which ensures that there is no repetitiveness whatsoever, and that's a really good thing. I also like general feel of this mix; it feels very well formed and well thought out.

After dwelling on this, I do like this and recommend checking this out.

• 4 months later...
i meant to leave this comment about 5 years ago but oh well. i love this mix <3

Hahaha, SO WEIRD you should say that because the minute I saw this back on the front page I thought exactly the same thing. This song is one of my initial inspirations. I used to listen to this back in the day on my MP3 player. It had guitars in so I could play it really loud and stay looking cool. ^W^

• 6 months later...
I like the variations that you do in the track, starting out with distortion guitar, after that some piano, and then some techno sounds.

Agreed. The opening guitar work and piano worked together well in the track. The way the ReMix goes in and out of styles was a nice touch. A good ballad if I do say so myself.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01402 - Kirby's Adventure "The Ballad of Sir Kibbles"
  • 5 years later...