Pokemon D/P/Pt: Trainer Battle Theme Remastered

It sounds like nothing more than a MIDI remaster. There aren't a whole lot of interesting things going on. It sounds like you took some things away and didn't add anything of your own. I'm going to save you the whole "too conservative" thing because it doesn't seem like you're trying to get this on OCR. This version cuts it for a few hundred views on YouTube, but it's really nothing special. In order to keep things interesting, you've got to go for a much bigger sound. You can't just choose a one instrument to play a part and call it done, you've got to have things changing up. I'd also suggest saving up for a better sound library if you're going to go orchestral. This one isn't doing you many favors.

I've heard most of your other remixes, and you definitely know how to add your own original stuff. It's just such a shame you didn't do it for this, because you have a good start, but I wouldn't call this song complete.

It's got lots of potential, just not the best execution. Follow what PokemonEinstein said; he knows his stuff. One thing I've learned doing orchestral music is that you can't rely on one VST's samples, nor can you go through a song once and call it done. When you finish a song, wait a few hours afterward and listen to it again. See if you can find anything you really want to change and go back to it. Also, your own personal flare is important; make the song your own and throw in some new elements.

Hope I could help a bit. Keep going!

I wouldn't say you need to add other themes, or even extend it, per sé. Just flesh out what you've already got. It's a good basic structure, but it needs more going on that flows with itself, rather than stuff that comes from elsewhere. You also need to humanize it, it sounds very mechanical. Just curious, what did you use to make this?

The melody line seems to be swelling when it first comes in...that's just probably the samples. If you can, fix it. I just want to note it also seems pretty repetitive. Love your percussion, string, and brass samples though. :mrgreen: May I ask where you got them?