The Final Fantasy VI Remix Contest: Results are in, check first post!!!

zircon

Super excited about this contest and this project!

But I wanna say to those that are thinking of entering/want to enter but might not on the grounds of not being "good enough"... try anyways! You guys shouldn't be so down on yourselves. You can't get better at something unless you try try and keep trying. Even if you don't win hopefully you'll walk away having learned something or at least having made something you're proud of.

But I wanna say to those that are thinking of entering/want to enter but might not on the grounds of not being "good enough"... try anyways! You guys shouldn't be so down on yourselves. You can't get better at something unless you try try and keep trying. Even if you don't win hopefully you'll walk away having learned something or at least having made something you're proud of.

That's why I'm trying.

Phantom Train, here I come

Otakatt, I just LOVE your attitude to the whole process. :) This is what we artists have got to keep doing, keep learning and prospering.

To be fair, I had my panicky moments in the past 24 hours, thinking "how the hell am I supposed to win over zircon and/or the voting public", but I feel very calm with those words and want to give it my all.

And with my production skills having gone up tenfold within the past 5 years or so, what can possibly go wrong? :razz:

Otakatt, I just LOVE your attitude to the whole process. :) This is what we artists have got to keep doing, keep learning and prospering.

To be fair, I had my panicky moments in the past 24 hours, thinking "how the hell am I supposed to win over zircon and/or the voting public", but I feel very calm with those words and want to give it my all.

And with my production skills having gone up tenfold within the past 5 years or so, what can possibly go wrong? :razz:

Also picking Phantom Train ;-)

I think before the deadline, all of us that have a phantom train mix should cram our mixes into a single project and submit that one. Put an oscillator on it and call it the Dubstep Remix of the Year!

Super excited about this contest and this project!

That's the point to me too. I'm more insecure about my production (lack of good samples and no experience at editing them) than about the quality of my arrangement though.

Sorry about the short notice guys, but there's some awesome unclaimed tracks left and it'd be a shame to have the project completed without some remixin' love for some of the classics. Looking forward to hearing what's sent!

What is the significance of the May 21st deadline? Is the album already 'done' even though it's only been going for about 6 months? :-o

so the first time i played through this game, i didn't have the spell that brings you back to life after you die, and i fought that boss at the tower that kills everyone at the end of the battle, and i died. so the second time through, rather than going to get that spell, everyone in my party only used the steal-mana attacks. took forever, but since a creature dies when it's out of mana...i won and didn't die.

so the first time i played through this game, i didn't have the spell that brings you back to life after you die, and i fought that boss at the tower that kills everyone at the end of the battle, and i died. so the second time through, rather than going to get that spell, everyone in my party only used the steal-mana attacks. took forever, but since a creature dies when it's out of mana...i won and didn't die.

You get it from Phoenix in the Phoenix Cave after you retrieve Locke.

So, a friend of mine, and myself are definitely going to be a part of this competition, however, we have never remixed a video game song before. Is there any advice anyone can give us? We've decided on 'New Continent' as our remix. At the moment, we're dissecting it, and remaking it to get a feel for it, before we begin remixing. We're not using any sheet music, or any other references, all by ear, but what I'm having trouble with (I edit/arrange and he composes), is the remixing part. I don't want to stray away from the original sound to much, and obviously the main part of the song needs to be the main part of the remix. I guess my problem is trying to find the right sounds and such. Any help?

I'm not experienced at all, but if you know the notes, you can try playing them on your preferred instrument and see if you get inspiration to do something. Are you planning on doing any particular style for the remix?

By the way, I am wanting feedback on my WIP for this competition. PM me or something if you are interested!