The Final Fantasy VI Remix Contest: Results are in, check first post!!!

zircon

At the moment, it's still all being pieced together, but I'm sure our mix will be electronica, or trance, with some dancable bits thrown in. But, thank you for the help, and I will definitely mess around with the sound.

What's the link for your WIP? I'll check it out. :)!!

I'm not experienced at all, but if you know the notes, you can try playing them on your preferred instrument and see if you get inspiration to do something. Are you planning on doing any particular style for the remix?

By the way, I am wanting feedback on my WIP for this competition. PM me or something if you are interested!

Put it up in the WIP forum and you'll get more feedbax

Choose Rest In Peace, got the "arrangement" down, next is to humanize the performance. EXS24 is new to me and currently figuring out how to switch between the vibrato and non-vibrato samples midway through a note. Gah. :banghead:

Hope you all are having fun, learning loads from this :)

Can't hurt to ask.

What's your stance on using the WIP forums, zircon?

I actually don't have a problem with it. I have just a few requests:

1. Delete the thread by the time the contest is over.

2. Don't post your remixes publicly on your sites, soundcloud, YouTube, etc. until the results are in (after all, if you end up on the project, we want it to be a surprise!)

3. Don't ask *me* or McVaffe for feedback. THAT would be unfair.

Not sure how much this helps, but the song is created around the Octatonic scale. If you use that source, it might help to keep that in mind.

I thought it was created around the Lydian scale? At least that's what my friend thought. Thanks though, I'll keep that in mind.

I'm still not entirely sure on which direction I may take it, yet. I put 'I' because my friend has college to attend, and, rather disappointingly, has abandoned me on the project. I have confidence that I can get it finished on time, however. 8)

I may just end up submitting another one instead, or maybe even 'New Continent' and another one. We'll just have to see what happens between now, and next weekend.

It's no problem at all. Everyone makes mistakes.

As of now, I'm preparing myself. I guess I'm a little flustered, really. I've been putting it off.. I don't think I can 'compete' with some of the other artists here. I guess that's kind of holding me back right now. I suppose none of you have a dose of self-confidence I could have?

It's no problem at all. Everyone makes mistakes.

As of now, I'm preparing myself. I guess I'm a little flustered, really. I've been putting it off.. I don't think I can 'compete' with some of the other artists here. I guess that's kind of holding me back right now. I suppose none of you have a dose of self-confidence I could have?

Well, you can't compete if you don't enter! :wink:

It's all about the experience for me, whether I win or lose, I'll still grow as a musician.

Plus zircon said every track would be considered to be included in the album.

I don't think he meant that he would actually include every of the mixes from this contest. It would be a bit much to have 2 mixes of any of these sources, having a folder with like 100 of them would be... just silly and no good.

I think people should consider a legitimate alternative where they can upload or share their song in the event that it isn't the one that gets chosen for the album :roll: