The Final Fantasy VI Remix Contest: Results are in, check first post!!!

zircon

To be fair, a lot of my voting preferences went to those that A) captured the feel of the original like Bonkers said, and at the same time do B) show the artist's creative streak with it. Hence why I felt there was a lot of tough competition particularly amongst the Phantom Train tracks for that reason alone. Sure, #28 had feel and good antonation, but with most of it being a cover I didn't really give it a high vote in the end :(

But each to their own, Bonkers. We'll see how things stack up as the voting draws closer.

I rated 9 of them good to very good (i.e. good enough to download and put on my iPhone to listen to--or 4-5 in score). The performance of no. 28 wasn't good enough to deserve a high rating in my opinion. It was a lot of music to listen to and I felt like there was quite a big difference in the level of the "higher level" tracks versus the lower quality tracks. Might have been a good idea to have an elimination stage to reduce the number of tracks to encourage people to listen and vote more decisively on the stronger produced tracks after eliminating some of the weaker ones. Another idea could have been to increase the ratings from 1-5 to 1-10 to encourage more nuanced voting, but it's hard to say how big a difference that might make.

Why are people posting their opinions of certain songs and/or how they voted? People are still voting, and isn't it supposed to be private?

After voting a few days ago, I agree with the general sentiment that there were a bunch of good remixes, and some not so good. Overall, I thought it was a nice turnout.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I don't mind people giving their opinions and I don't know about you, but someone telling me their opinions about which tracks they liked won't change my opinion. In fact, it has no bearing at all on my opinions. However, I agree that it's not really proper to discuss individual tracks and when I did mention a specific track, it was only in reference to what someone else said (who admitted a track was flawed and said it was the only one he gave a 5 to for some reason.) Probably shouldn't have commented on that though and if I offended anyone there, apologies.

I just wanted also to say some really good talent showed up for this competition and really enjoyed listening to the tracks... and thanks again for putting on the competition. I have a couple that I really enjoyed. ;)

Voted!

I'm surprised I was as critical of the submissions as I was (still gave many a 4s and even a 5 or two). Maybe it's just because to me FF6 is the greatest Final Fantasy in all of existence, and so I have very high hopes for the album. I would have loved to have been part of the project. I've had this amazing idea for an orchestral remix of "Save Them!" stuck in my head for over 3 years. Oh well. One day, when I have a bit more peace in my life, I'll learn the skills to make that idea a reality.

Damn, I'm only 10 songs deep into this and already I've almost given exclusively 3's and 4's. I may be throwing off the curve here but I seriously think the majority of this is incredibly enjoyable. I feel like I'm a lot more enthused about these remixes than most of the rest of you :-P Those of you who entered did a fantastic job IMO, from what I can tell so far. I'm not feeling the "too much techno" criticism either... at least, not so far. I'm feeling a nice balance of styles so far, with a bit of a bias toward jazz and electronica.

It's been interesting trying to guess who did what track, too. I think I've got most of them, but I guess we'll see if I'm right a few weeks from now.

Good luck all :-)

Ok so I was voting on this track: (URL ends in)

kxol

And the only option it gave me to vote is "DUPLICATE, SORRY!"

I checked and the URL has not been duplicated. Also I am towards the end of the voting and I have not heard this song twice.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, the very next song was exactly the same.

cool story bro :nicework: lol

Seriously?!

No Locke's theme?

What is wrong with the world? :(

Everybody, quick, a Locke theme only remix contest.

1 week to mix, 1 week to vote, go.

jay kay I dunno. that'd be interesting though. poor Locke. No one made a remix for him cuz he's stuck on that island.

P.S. Hurley was at E3 today.