The Final Fantasy VI Remix Contest: Results are in, check first post!!!

zircon

61 votes so far, although technically we have 166 (!) incomplete responses. Make sure that you remember to follow through and finish your votes!

Yeah, I haven't had time to touch mine since I started it - job hunting and wedding planning tends to take up a lot of time. :-( I plan on finishing my votes this weekend when I have more free time.

Just finished my voting - it was quite exhausting, in the most complementary way. A lot lot lot lot lot lot lot of music, some fairly similar to others. But i discovered some great stuff in there - gave a few 5s and 4s, and the rest mostly 3s, a few 2s and maybe one or two 1s. Cannot wait to see the results - congrats to everyone for entering and good luck.

Voted!

But why no love for Locke! The poor guy!

I considered it but was put off because I suspected there'd be a lot of other locke entries and also because it may have been the most complex and thus difficult to work with (in my opinion) creatively.

Perhaps everyone else thought someone else would do it so no one ended up doing it! It's a shame though.

I considered it but was put off because I suspected there'd be a lot of other locke entries and also because it may have been the most complex and thus difficult to work with (in my opinion) creatively.

Perhaps everyone else thought someone else would do it so no one ended up doing it! It's a shame though.

I know what you mean. There's only one remix on the website and its a very complex multiple piece brass entry that was very cool.

Thats the same reason why I didn't do Lockes theme. I was convinced that everyone was going to do it. But instead and surprisingly alot of people chose the gestahl empire.

I suspected there'd be a lot of other locke entries.

Perhaps everyone else thought someone else would do it so no one ended up doing it!

Thats the same reason why I didn't do Lockes theme. I was convinced that everyone was going to do it.

^ This, pretty much. Otherwise I'd would have totally entered this compo. Locke's theme is ace.

I suspect the track will need to be covered eventually, so they might recruit someone for it later.

I'm unfamiliar with the FF series and its music, but I took a listen to catch up on the new faces in the community.

Just want to give some appreciation. Whoever made Track 10, nice job. It works well as a stand-alone song (by that i mean i don't need to be familiar with the source to enjoy). 2:40 onward in particular is when the arrangement commands my attention. Easily my fave.

I like the peppiness of Track 15. The piano reminds me of Penguin Cafe Orchestra's Music for a Found Harmonium (

). Plus I'm a sucker for vox samples.

Track 33 reminds me of Three Drives' Air Traffic (ATC Chill Mix) (

). I especially like the parts where the main melody and countermelody trade off.

I'm unfamiliar with the FF series and its music, but I took a listen to catch up on the new faces in the community.

Just want to give some appreciation. Whoever made Track 10, nice job. It works well as a stand-alone song (by that i mean i don't need to be familiar with the source to enjoy). 2:40 onward in particular is when the arrangement commands my attention. Easily my fave.

I like the peppiness of Track 15. The piano reminds me of Penguin Cafe Orchestra's Music for a Found Harmonium (

). Plus I'm a sucker for vox samples.

Track 33 reminds me of Three Drives' Air Traffic (ATC Chill Mix) (

). I especially like the parts where the main melody and countermelody trade off.

-_- can we please stop commenting on individual tracks - I thought the whole point was to avoid encouraging track/artist bias, at least until the voting process is done.

-_- can we please stop commenting on individual tracks - I thought the whole point was to avoid encouraging track/artist bias, at least until the voting process is done.

After listening several times to some of the better tracks, I have my own top 3 tracks and I'm curious to see what the actual vote turns out to be. Some of the tracks definitely stand up to repeated listens better than others (i.e. variety of arrangement and development)....

Posting "this is by far the best track" isn't too respectful to the voting process, I think. But personally, I wouldn't be affected by comments like that and it's clear that many have (wildly) different opinions. I guess that's public voting for you. Many probably don't even read the forums when they vote.

After listening several times to some of the better tracks, I have my own top 3 tracks and I'm curious to see what the actual vote turns out to be. Some of the tracks definitely stand up to repeated listens better than others (i.e. variety of arrangement and development)....

Posting "this is by far the best track" isn't too respectful to the voting process, I think. But personally, I wouldn't be affected by comments like that and it's clear that many have (wildly) different opinions. I guess that's public voting for you. Many probably don't even read the forums when they vote.

even positive comments can have a negative impact on the voting of the subject - but i hope people will not feel in any way cheated because of that impact. After all, most voters should not be too frail in their own judgements to be too swayed by comments here. As objective as we all try to be - I can see some of the tracks i voted high getting low votes elsewhere and vice versa - only 5 days left until the voting ends! : ) Cannot wait to see where everything placed - it'd certainly be more than willing to hear any feedback on my track as i suspect others may be, after the voting ends.

Sorry, I intended my comment for the remixers only, whoever they are, since that's the only way I can express my appreciation to them.

imo people have their own minds and can decide for themselves what songs appeal to them. I doubt an unknown member like myself can influence the public anyway.

As for something about "best," I hate using that word since it's subjective. Again, I only commented to say what I personally found enjoyable.

Whew finally finished going through all of them. Damned awesome to hear the rest of the crew, there were some fantastic pieces in there, and the production levels are way beyond what I can achieve at this point in time. I know where I stand, like at the very bottom lol. Can't wait to see the final results. :mrgreen: