The Final Fantasy VI Remix Contest: Results are in, check first post!!!

zircon

Voting will end in about 9.5 hours (midnight EST). I just sent out another two emails to help people confirm whether or not their vote was counted.

Did you send them out to everyone or just the new people? I got the first email, but not these next 2. Not that it matters because I already got the first one. Just sayin'. :-)

Good luck with the counting, I know how powerful Excel can be. :-)

You must have put two different email addresses down. If you received the confirmation message, then I definitely got it. Here's how I checked:

* Sorted the doc by email.

* Deleted all duplicate emails.

* Sent an email to everyone on the list that was listed as COMPLETE.

* Sent an email to everyone that was not listed as COMPLETE.

So in theory, nobody should have received two letters to the same listed email address, since I checked for duplicates...

You must have put two different email addresses down. If you received the confirmation message, then I definitely got it. Here's how I checked:

* Sorted the doc by email.

* Deleted all duplicate emails.

* Sent an email to everyone on the list that was listed as COMPLETE.

* Sent an email to everyone that was not listed as COMPLETE.

So in theory, nobody should have received two letters to the same listed email address, since I checked for duplicates...

I did get the second email, but I'm pretty sure its because I tried leaving the survey and entering back in to see if it saved anything. I got the confirmation email though, so all should be well.

I'm assuming Kirby's was 29 (very fun track that got a high score from me) and was the one that was posted twice by mistake :razz:

And XPRTNovice's track was #11. I absolutely LOVED this one - was one of my fave two of the entire competition. Loved it for its Grim Fandango esque feel to it - a very WELL deserved winner in my opinion!

I've no idea which track Sole Signal's is. Can't seem to find a site with it on display anywhere.

And finally, my Gestahl one is track #9. I'm amazed that all THREE of my entries hit the top 10, even my 11th hour Umaro track; that really caught me by surprise this morning!

I hope this kind of helps out Bonkers :)

I'm assuming Kirby's was 29 (very fun track that got a high score from me) and was the one that was posted twice by mistake

Yep, that one was definitely mine--it's distinctively my style, got my name written alllll over it ;P

In case anyone missed it, not only did I incorporate Setzer/Daryl's

(also in
) and Terra's theme into the song, but the arp in the intro is straight out of "Adventure", a track from the wonderful FEZ soundtrack by Disasterpeace. One of the melodies in the intro is also from another one of my songs, Fractale, which is an entry I did for OHC.
And XPRTNovice's track was #11. I absolutely LOVED this one - was one of my fave two of the entire competition. Loved it for its Grim Fandango esque feel to it - a very WELL deserved winner in my opinion!

Ooh, =that's= what "Gobble Snarf Snap" was (thought it might have been one of the umaro mixes from the title). I don't really feel too bad losing out to that one, it was so FUN! =D

Congrats to everyone!~ And high five Rexy for getting the exact same score :)

And, of course, thanks to zircon for running the contest, and processing all the votes manually O_o

4th! Oh that's agonizingly close! At least it was by 12 points, would be more painful if it were by a point or two.

I'm so happy with that 4th place really though, I knew it would be extremely difficult to make the top three after hearing all the entries, so big congratulations to XPRTNovice, DDRKirby, Rexy and Sole Signal!

And of course well done to everyone else, loads of enjoyable entries, and a big thanks to Zircon

Wow! I am humbled, I had no idea people would like that track. Thanks everyone and congratulations all around :)!!

Thanks to zircon for putting on the contest, this was a ton of fun.

Who was track #1? I'm having trouble correlating the rankings with the actual tracks. Track #1 was actually my favorite, if for no other reason than the awesome trumpets.

Wow! I am humbled, I had no idea people would like that track. Thanks everyone and congratulations all around :)!!

Thanks to zircon for putting on the contest, this was a ton of fun.

Who was track #1? I'm having trouble correlating the rankings with the actual tracks. Track #1 was actually my favorite, if for no other reason than the awesome trumpets.

I believe that was FM/Zas's track. I remember Sixto liked it for the Star Trek homage, and hearing it back on his Bandcamp account, I got the match.

Also, thanks so much for the comments all, and you too for your work Jack and Kirby *high-fives Kirby in return* :D

congrats XPRTNOVICE - i voted you a 5 i think. A deserving winner. This isn't an ego thing, well maybe it's an ego thing but the xarnax42 is ME with Xarnax42 providing vocals. I'm glad to have come 6th, particularly as it was so tight between 6th 5th and 4th. I could hear between the others that my production values were a little off - the track was considerably quieter than the other track which sandwiched it! Congrats everyone who entered.

: ) Oh ya, mine was the vocal bossa blackjack, maybe you can tell by the name though. I loved Johnny's got the funk, an outright 5 straight away from me.

Excited to see what comes of this comp in terms of the album.

Seriously?!

No Locke's theme?

What is wrong with the world? :(

Oh well, loving the Blackjack theme with vocals. It better win! :D

I know we're not supposed to talk about individual tracks, but lets get real here - this one is far and away the best

These comments, while they should have probably been withheld until now, were nevertheless much appreciated. For the record, zircon seems to be giving me all the credit, but really, Calum did all the work on this track. The arrangement and production were all but finalized before he put out feelers for vocalists. So, no, it's not really an ego thing. Just giving credit where credit is due.

And congrats to the winners!