The Final Fantasy VI Remix Contest: Results are in, check first post!!!

zircon

And Rexy I really liked the groove of your Umaro track. It felt perfect. The piano was, of course, beautiful in your Gestahl. It felt very Rachmaninovy, which is a good thing.

Thank you on both fronts :)

As I said earlier, the general feedback behind Umaro surprised me especially since I spent a lot less time on it than my other entries, but was still fun to work on. It was also, may I say, the very last remix that I would EVER write in Cubase (have since migrated to Reaper), so what a high note that was.

And I had been wanting to do a piano entry somewhere the minute the contest was announced. When I saw that the Empire was still unclaimed, I thought it would be good to work on something that I felt I have done best for the past few years. Can't say I was inspired by Rachmaninoff though as some of his ways of performance are considered INSANE, but I did want to see the Empire as this dominating political force that no one can seem to get away from, even with Terra breaking free from its grasp. It should also explain the cameos slipped in for Kefka, Devil's Lab, and even the

- my first taste of the game in a physical form.

I'm surprised it went down so well - usually if I do solo piano entries in the Dwelling of Duels they'd tend to get overlooked, but this was a very pleasant surprise :D

Can't say I was inspired by Rachmaninoff though as some of his ways of performance are considered INSANE, but I did want to see the Empire as this dominating political force that no one can seem to get away from, even with Terra breaking free from its grasp.

Well, that's a lot of Rachmaninov's beef with Mother Russia, so maybe it's just a meeting of the minds. Was this a performance, or sequenced? It sounded performed to me, I was just making sure. You've got some nimble fingers. The best I could ever manage was an incomplete learning of Fantasie Impromptu, and I didn't really do it justice.

If it was a sequenced piano, then I would've NEVER entered the Dwelling of Duels at all. I hope that answers your question :)

And I do appreciate the gesture about 'nimble fingers', but I don't think I'm ever going to be at kLuTz level, or even Bladiator since you brought up Chopin. I do still enjoy doing these arrangements regardless of style taken :)

If anyone at all followed my voting patterns, which to me felt very honest and natural, if maybe a little bit harsh, but not in any bad faith or with preference, vendetta, or bias, then it makes sense that some of the scores are so low on average. Just remember that when people are given the opportunity to be secret with their opinions and comparisons, the truth of how they feel might be a little bit harsher than what they might even indicate otherwise. That's the nature of the beast.

that's pretty much how i voted, except i gave no 5s. only a couple 4s and 3s, mostly 1s and 2s

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that McVaffe and I have finalized and sent out our invitations via email/PM. In total, we invited nine ReMixers from the contest, so I'm really happy with how this turned out. If you didn't receive an invite, don't feel too down on yourself. There are plenty of other projects to participate in, and there is a LOT of talent in the community with only so many FF6 source tunes to remix.