Plagiarized Kirby 64 arrangement ID?

Liontamer

Rather than something in the overall OCR plagiarism thread, this needs its own thread until the arrangement is ID'ed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z13XFlZDhKg

It's an arrangement of

from Kirby 64

Would anyone know where this Kirby 64 arrangement is from? Could be from a doujin album, arrange event or just someone's solo work?

It's not by Fairuzons/fairuzonss, who was suspected by KyleJCrb and verified by Dhsu to have stolen & plagiarized multiple arrangements from http://vgmdb.net/album/4876 on his Newgrounds account, which has since been terminated along with his YouTube accounts.

Here is a paraphrased version of events:

1. Fairuzon uploads Japanese remixes as his own on various sites, including Newgrounds.

2. Newgrounds mod gets suspicious of Fairuzon because of how quickly he is uploading songs, the drastic difference in quality between the songs, and the mod feels Fairuzons' story doesn't add up.

3. Mod goes to OCREMIX to see if the guys over there can confirm or deny his suspicions, they found that he had stolen work.

4. The proper consequences ensue.

Based on the dates of the verified stolen material plagiarized by Fairuzons/fairuzonss, the stolen Kirby 64 is possibly from 2007 or earlier, and definitely no later than May 2009, but it's tough to know for sure.

Thanks for anyone who can help!

"Stealing music? LOL, this is funny. I could careless if he stole anything -- doujin artists aren't well known no matter where they are at, and his uploading these tracks to YouTube easily gave him and those tracks some fame."

That's what he said in his reply to my comment.

It reaches a new level of derpyness.

"doujin artists aren't well known no matter where they are at."

Y'know, except in Japan, where the whole culture of fan-made stuff is celebrated much more widely than even in the US. BUT WHO CARES ABOUT THAT

Also, I can't confirm anything as I don't have this song. A search through doujin albums on VGMdb for "Kirby 64" and "Zero Two" hasn't turned up anything either.

"Stealing music? LOL, this is funny. I could careless if he stole anything -- doujin artists aren't well known no matter where they are at, and his uploading these tracks to YouTube easily gave him and those tracks some fame."

I just shut him down for ya, mate.

I just shut him down for ya, mate.

I think that reply is too complex for someone like that. ;-)

I should really click on more Nintendon't remixes since i'm loving this stolen one quite a bit. I'll be very interested in this thread once the remix is found so I can get a non-youtubed version.

With all the abundant free art these days, I don't get how someone can be listening to this and be thinking "I really like this song! So much so that i think i'll say to everyone that I did it!"

oh, they have no talent, that's right. :roll:

Hey, if people are going to go to war with this guy who uploaded it for being an idiot, please be sure to save the video first so in the case that it's taken down we can all still have a reference if people are interested in finding the song.

I'm downloading it right now. 8-)

Hey, if people are going to go to war with this guy who uploaded it for being an idiot, please be sure to save the video first so in the case that it's taken down we can all still have a reference if people are interested in finding the song.

If you do a search on YT, there are other uploads of this as well. I want to say this sounds familiar but I couldn't find it amongst my doujin.

Perhaps I'm a little paranoid, then. I've lost the source to one track that I've wanted to finish for a while, now, and now I can't because it literally doesn't exist anywhere else. Seriously, try hunting for the soundtrack to the PICO game 'Sailor Moon S' (even just finding gameplay footage would work). If you find something let me know, but to my knowledge the video I was referencing was the only one in existence, and it's gone now. :-(

This thread isn't about my paranoia, though; the track in question is probably safe from that issue.

Maybe this is the one song he actually made? Sometimes.... people steal songs... but they also make 'em... The fact he stole songs before is good evidence that he may have stole this one, but nobody can find a clue as to who actually made this'n. It's been years and the "original artist" if there was one, didn't even step up and say anything. :3

Stealing music? LOL, this is funny. I could careless if he stole anything -- doujin artists aren't well known no matter where they are at, and his uploading these tracks to YouTube easily gave him and those tracks some fame.

good lord that's deserves a good slap in the crotch. the guy is unknow lemme take the fame instead!

I was curious and did a quick search on this guy. Apparently he's still widely liked and has a horde of defenders. I don't get how that happens when you're caught red-handed.

Hate to say it, but I doubt the average YouTuber really cares all that much about who actually owns the rights to the piece, so long as they get to listen to it for free without having to put effort into it. I've actually even seen people post comments to that effect on other videos.

As to outside of YouTube... *shrug* Probably the best explanation is

Misplaced emotional attachment.

Think about it though. How would you feel if you recently found out that a VGM composer like, I don't know, say Yuzo Koshiro, plagiarized a rather large chunk of the Streets of Rage soundtrack he did by taking music that was popular in America and Europe heavily quoting it then copyrighting the music as his own?

I wouldn't know what to think if that were true. I'd probably deny the whole thing and avoid the issue completely. ;-)

Well, that's what I was like when it was emerged that Michael Jackson worked on Sonic 3. I was in denial for some time, thinking that there was no way that someone as A) eventually jerkish, and B) high-prolific would just work on music for a videogame, though I did understand the similarities later.

So if in a situation like Yuzo Koshiro ripping game music from other places, it'll be just like me with Bobby Prince's Doom music - wanting to check out the originals, and just seeing the Streets of Rage score as a fun attempt to emulate it, all before getting the juges' panel to re-assess the SoR score and its stance as acceptable source material. That's where the logic comes in. ;)

But yes, the original uploader surely didn't have a clue. I sent a couple of comments there, but he thinks it's no different from "stealing other peoples' videos", when I have seen people getting their accounts suspended for things like that. >_> I've done all I can to respond as calmly as possible, but if this guy takes it into an asshole-ish attitude like with Geoffrey Taucer, then god forbid what would happen next.

getting the juges' panel to re-assess the SoR score and its stance as acceptable source material.

Please don't ever, ever repeat that again. ;-)I think it's better to ignore the whole thing like it never happened. (Oddly, it does explain why the SOR3 soundtrack was freaking terrible and different from the first two games).

Has any progress been made with finding the original Kirby 64 remix? I've checked some of my very limited sources but haven't found anything yet.

The guy changed his post to mention that the music was originally stolen (and not created) by Fairuzons. I don't think scolding him any more is worth the effort, guys - his attitude is poor, and he's been a jerk to the people posting about it in there but as an average YT user that all should just go without saying. He DID change the post to make people aware that it was stolen, so he's technically not in the wrong, anymore.

I think we can safely stop muddying his comments section, as there's nothing more the guy can do for us (taking down the music actually wouldn't be helpful, so let's try not to get him to take down the music, for now :whatevaa:). I mean, go ahead and discuss politics and opinions with him if you want, but just know that at this point he's not doing anything wrong, anymore. We can continue our search for the mysterious musician that has not been properly credited without worrying about Fairuzons getting any more credit.

Hm.... http://www.youtube.com/user/fairuzons2

This _might_ be him. Somebody check the video content for stuff he's uploaded/been active in before. I'm just posting this here to give everyone the heads up that there still seems to be a fairuzons around. Somebody verify his identity without talking to him before anyone does anything else. We don't want to harass someone with a coincidentally similar username.

And _if_ it's him, it's probably best if someone from staff, like Larry, talk to him. He might have grown up and out of the plagiarism thing and could come clean about the tracks. He might not react well to being antagonized or bullied, so _do not gang up on him_. If it's him and he wants to redeem himself, give him space to do that.

Repeat: Do not engage.