PRC218 - Missing the Horror (Parasite Eve)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 218

PRCv9-10

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Sggod89 was last rounds winner. This round, you can be the one. Remix the source and submit. The only way to lose a compo is by not participating.

This round's source is selected by Sggod89:

Hey,

After much research, I've found a nice source. Hope hear some good mixes!

/Ira

Midi:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps1/Missing_Perspective.mid

PRC218.jpg

Source: Parasite Eve (PS1) - Missing Perspective

MID

Youtube Movie

Wikipedia

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

When you are not able to login, don't click on the 'click here to submit an entry' button, but click on the 'you are not logged in' button on the right top of the screen. Perhaps using Firefox or Google Chrome works as well.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY MAY 14th 2012 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of last round can take part by submitting a bonus mix, but he cannot win the round and get any votes.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. An amazing number of 8 entries are submitted.

To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote. They aren't allowed to vote for themselve, but they receive an added first place if they vote.

- Do not vote for Sggod89's song (Parasetic Reave).

Sggod89 has a vote that counts twice.

You have until NEXT Wednesday, May 16th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have. It's longer as usual

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC219.

When you aren't able to log-in, click the You are not logged in button at the top right of the page instead of the Log in to Vote button below.

The songs:

Check the ThaSauce Page:

I suppose I am quite happy, but I assume everyone else is just as happy with the amount of remixes! Tho it did make the voting process much longer than usual haha

It was a great round. I listen to everyone's remix a few times and gave you each feedback. Voting was really tough, but my first place choice really knocked it out of the park for me (and you'll know who you are shortly!).

It's results time.

The votes are in.

Total number of mixes - 8

Total number of votes - 8

Maximum Score - 27.

Sggod89 did a bonus mix, I gave it one point bonus because it doesn't matter.

Chickenwarlord received the last place wooden spoon. with 4 points.

Obtuse did well and received several points by several voters, the total of 6 is good for sixth place.

Meccaneer finished fifth, claiming 8 points.

Trism did a good job as well, ending fourth, with 9 points.

Sir Nuts claimed 14 points, which is a strong third position.

Hoboka was close to win, but 15 points is worth a second place.

And the winner is DjMokram with 16 points.

Congratulations DjMokram, you are the winner. It was a very close, and 16 points is not even close to the maximum 27 points. That is a very positive sign, and all the songs scored at least one point. Great job everyone and I hope to have more PRC's like this one.

DjMokram, you may select the next source for PRC219. Send your source to me by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix). Do that as soon as you can, but before Friday.

Remember to select a source with a MID file added. You may also select a source without a MID, but then you must provide a second source with a MID file.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

You can find the votes with comments here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC218