So that's where EVERY FINAL FANTASY VII SONG came from...

BloodyL

To his credit, Nobuo Uematsu did mention that ELP was one of his biggest inspirations (not sure where, might've been in the Advent Children extras or something, in an interview). It's very likely that he was influenced by them.

I think i have something like that in the back of my FFX Guide I bought for no apparent reason years ago.

However, if you start a thread like this you have to do your homework and illustrate your point. Pointing out that Toccatta from BSS sounds kind of like FFVII is pretty far off. I don't think Ginastera's work is anywhere in FFVII at all.

FFV's final boss music.

That's what I was reminded of!

But it didn't sound like the whole soundtrack of FFVII, no. XD

ETA: Also I've never heard of ELP but this is some awesome stuff. >>

ETA2: And parts of Toccata vaguely remind me of FFIV's Red Wings the more I listen...

• 4 weeks later...

ELP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt-sfNULEzE

This sounds like the Chocobo Theme.

Nothing is original and I don't mean that in a bad way, I just mean it as fact (I'm a huge Nobuo Uematsu fan too). We're all influenced by what we listen to. Everything comes from something else. I wonder what it would sound like if a hermit dood started composing after living in solitude for 30 years ..