The Elder Scrolls: Online

Brushfire

As it's not likely to be f2p anyway, I probably was going to pass anyway. But ignoring that one thing, I was hoping they would try to change it up a bit. I never played WoW so if I did play ESO, it would technically be a new experience for me, but the concept of non realtime and hotkeyed skills just doesn't feel right to me.

I've seen a lot of people say they should've done something more like Borderlands, I think that would make people happier. Perhaps have it like first person/third person in dungeons only with a group of one to four people, and third person only in towns where there's a persistent world. Maybe even third person in overworld travel, at the very least it would be different.

However, if nothing else I was kind of hoping they could bring some of their physics system to an online environment. I've recently given Vindictus a shot, it's definitely not a great game but its like the only online rpg game out there that lets you destroy the surroundings and use that in battle as well as predefined traps. Skills have cooldown but the battles are still realtime. TES games have traps and physics (though they're usually not always related) so I thought maybe they could do something like that.

Actually, now that I think about it, ESO will be filled entirely with men prancing about with female elf avatars with overly large eyes, babyish features, ludicrous bodily proportions, and obscene clothing

Like just about every Korean MMO ever

As a BethSoft fan since Daggerfall, must say this news feels underwhelming. Remember when they tried experimenting with Battlespire and Redguard? No? Probably because those were the first and the last games in the Elder Scrolls Legend and Elder Scrolls Adventure "series".

Though I still harbor a sliver of hope that maybe this'll be more than your average MMORPG.