OCR TF2 Server - Anyone interested in trying out TF2 should join us!

Bahamut

May I now present, the Litany Against Rage:

I must not rage.

Rage is the funkiller.

Rage is the little-flame that pits RED team against RED team while BLU team takes the point.

I must face my rage.

I will permit it to pass through me and out of me.

And when it has gone I will take revenge against my nemesis.

Where the rage has gone there will be nothing.

Only ubers will remain.

It came to me almost fully formed while Paranoid was shanking pubber engies on Upward tonight.

That's surprisingly poetic there, Clefairy.

Oh, by and by, I've mentioned it on the servers... but I'm nearing the moment when the Mochan-Nagant is actually "Legendary" on the kill counter. I'm rather excited. Only... 102 kills left? And most of them were all garnered on Ichi and OCR playing with you guys.

Probably means I've been playing too much.

has the lag issues that have plagued us in the past cleared up by now? I haven't played on the new server enough to notice one way or the other.

Also keep your eyes peeled for more 9v9 tourneys ToE can get in on. If you see any out there, send a link to GameMaster or Myself and we'll see what we can do with it

oh also also is there a reserve slot system in place still?

Edited by Jaswald
butts butts butts

Reserve slots are active. The only lag that has cropped up so far has been on custom maps, and it only happened on koth_drogentote1 so far as far as I'm aware of while (~4) people were downloading, which is strange since the maps are linked to my personal server for downloading. The only explanation I can think of is that the maps aren't downloading from my personal server but from the regular server, but that does not make sense to me since the downloading has gotten significantly faster since I implemented sv_downloadurl in the server.cfg file and supposedly the server would give an error if the url listed in sv_downloadurl is incorrect.

I have also noticed a few overflow errors happen on map loading as well, and I cannot explain those currently. The only thing I can say about that is to disconnect and retry connecting.

There could just very well be problems with drogentote itself.

That seems the most likely. From a thread on Stackexchange:

Typically this issue is a memory error of some sort and can be caused by a variety of things almost always related to the map/server that you are connecting to including but not limited to losing your spot on the server, certain plug-ins, poorly optimized maps, bandwidth issues and possibly even actually from snapshots and demos. Valve has not provided much on this issue so explanation and resolution seems dubiously anecdotal at best. The majority of the cited cases that you will find relate to issues with the connection and map more than anything.
From skimming the more casual forums, I'm seeing a lot of people pointing to the number of props in the map. I forget, do we have anyone here who can use Hammer? Or should we shelve it and wait for a new version?

I'd recommend avoiding koth_drogentote_1 for a little while then. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just that particular map that had issues.

I was able to successfully download pl_cashworks_prefinal, but I couldn't join the server while it was on that map.

The download finished and then the connection hung on "Retrieving Server Info".