OCR TF2 Server - Anyone interested in trying out TF2 should join us!

Bahamut

So in terms of custom maps, I thought Antiquity was pretty amazing tonight alongside Gothic Event and (I think?) Repository.

Antiquity especially was a break from the norm with the jungle theme and the generally neat map design. I hope we can play it again in the future. :D

Quoted for truth. Though Repository was the highlight for me; that long uphill stretch towards the final point is a truly epic killing ground. That first round where the cart teetered on the edge for 2+ minutes will stay with me a good while.

Also nice to see some old faces, come out of retirement and the greener pastures of newer games. You know who you are.

Overall, 10/10 would play again.

Noooooo D:

So tonight it starts on Fastlane, which is apparently the new starting map. I suggested it, so I'm okay with this.

The vote goes to Megaman next, which is a little rougher but still good.

Then, Steel. Awww yiss. The best map. Not 5 minutes in, server crash.

Humbug I say.

That explains things. I saw a bunch on last night, got my headphones set up, frankenhud updated, and joined since it was on one of my favorite maps, Steel. And then... nothing. It hangs on "sending client data" for several minutes, so I cancel out, and nobody is playing anymore.

I was all :puppyeyes: then :(.

Didn't we decide a while ago that having an event server was superfluous because only one or the other (the "event" server or the "normal" server) was ever filled at any given time?

While that's true, there is a certain amount of convenience to be had in doing all your funtimes event shenanigans on a seperate server, especially if there's a lot of plugins involved. Doing a night or a weekend of Dodgeball, say, or Randomizer, or Prop Hunt and then having to set things back up for normal play is work that could be easily avoided, or at least deferred by having an event server.

I don't know that it's something we *need* as a community, but I'm totally down if it happens.

EDIT: So, I was seized by the desire to buy an enormous number of crates from Gamemaster last night, and have unboxed a lot of new stranges. I give each class a theme and name all its weapons within that theme. Anybody have any ideas?

For example, my Pyro theme is 'dragons' and my Soldier theme is 'historical battles'. I'm thinking Spy should be 'conspiracies', and Sniper should be 'endangered species', but other than that I got nothin'.

Edited by Clefairy

my Pyro theme is 'dragons' and my Soldier theme is 'historical battles'. I'm thinking Spy should be 'conspiracies', and Sniper should be 'endangered species', but other than that I got nothin'.

Scout: sports teams

Medic: diseases

Engy: unhinged engineers/inventors (eg, Howard Hughes, Nikola Tesla)

Demo: types of alcohol and/or specific cocktails

Heavy: Russain weapon designers (eg Kalashnikov, Mosin, Makarov)

So, in the wake of last night's round of Dustbowl, which you might recall left me apopleptic with rage, I've decided on a different tack.

Anyone with demos or replays featuring Paranoid playing spy, do get in touch. Chili playing spy is also welcome, but he is not a person of interest at this time.

EDIT: Anyone who wasn't on the server just now, you missed the most hilarious Dustbowl ever. A random pubber kept triggering scramble votes after every first round win.

It's the little things.

Edited by Clefairy

EDIT: Anyone who wasn't on the server just now, you missed the most hilarious Dustbowl ever. A random pubber kept triggering scramble votes after every first round win.

It's the little things.

I'm not sure whether that was the worst or best Dustbowl I've ever played, but my god that was hilarious while it lasted. Annoying, yes, but also hilarious.

So, in the wake of last night's round of Dustbowl, which you might recall left me apopleptic with rage, I've decided on a different tack.

Anyone with demos or replays featuring Paranoid playing spy, do get in touch. Chili playing spy is also welcome, but he is not a person of interest at this time.

It's the little things.

Normally I'd be able to deliver but my demo recording plugin seems to be on the fritz lately.