OCR TF2 Server - Anyone interested in trying out TF2 should join us!

Bahamut

So here's my post of spare shit I'm willing to part with, to go someone who might use them. I've apparently been collecting a bunch of hats that will never see the light of day, so here goes.

I'll take a reclaimed for each of these, but please only say something if you plan on maybe using them.

HATS/MISC:

Soldier:

Helmet Without a Home (level 95)

Sergeant's Drill Hat (level 51)

Demoman:

Conjurer's Cowl (crafted by me, level 16)

Medic:

Gentleman's Ushanka (level 30)

Scrap Pack (level 49)

Dr Gogglestache (halloween item, level 92)

Pyro:

Handyman's Handle (level 61)

The Hazmat Headcase (level 83)

Also some spare weapons in case anyone needs something specific. Not too keen on giving out free stuff to get scrapped down.

Crit-a-Cola

Boston Basher

Frying Pan

Ubersaw

Dead Ringer

Huh. Turns out I didn't have as many weapons as I thought I did. Oh well, those are all up for grabs. I'll try to update/re-post this list as time goes on.

I also have various crates, free to anyone.

13x #45

4x #47

4x #49

1x #54

1x #55

Don't post in the thread, just hit me up on steam, or add me (superdupersombrero) if I'm not on your frands list.

Edited by Super-Duper Sombrero

Some random guy traded me a strange reserve shooter, a strange shortstop, and both jumpers, for the highest price ever known to man...

...a crate... No, seriously, a crate.

Best. Deal. Ever.

Was it just some random recent series, or was it Salvaged/low-numbered?

Apparently Valve's imminent retiring of the first batch of hats is making the earlier crates sell like hotcakes, and Salvaged crates are just insanely valuable all on their own. Awesome job if it wasn't either of those, though. :D

Edited by Aeronaut

i wanted to come back and play this game but i don't want to come back to play pokemon all this hat stuff is pretty off putting to me

You should. The core game is still fun, and all this wacky hat business is pretty easy to ignore(Though, if you're of a mind, there are graphical mods out there that disable all cosmetic items). The only reason it's still a hot topic is because the stuff that matters is pretty ossified. Hydro still sucks, Badwater is still a classic, and the balance of new unlocks is still dodgy. It's pretty clear that none of that is going anywhere, the game is 6 years old now. So conversation defaults to hats.

Hey, sorry for not keeping everyone in the loop - I did mention I was away for MAGFest, and I also had friends over from the community over the next two days (although I managed to be on for an hour still on Sunday). However, I've also had to make up hours at work, so I've been extremely tired.

I should be on again starting maybe Sunday, or Monday - it'll all depend on how exhausted I am. Feel free to start the server without me though on nights I'm not there!

Was it just some random recent series, or was it Salvaged/low-numbered?

Apparently Valve's imminent retiring of the first batch of hats is making the earlier crates sell like hotcakes, and Salvaged crates are just insanely valuable all on their own. Awesome job if it wasn't either of those, though. :D

It was some random recent one, I think 54.

Got 100 points in a single game as sniper, most kills were bodyshots... I'm becoming Sombrero...

Edited by Pika22

February 1, 2013 - TF2 Team

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

Added an option to the Advanced Options dialog to support viewing Steam Community Market-listable items, including current sell prices, from inside the game

Fixed Red Pyro and Red Demoman action figures not granting Genuine-quality versions of the in-game items. Players who have already redeemed codes will have the correct items granted to them the next time they launch the game.

Fixed Gullywash being in the wrong matchmaking category

Fixed exploit where players could be pushed into enemy spawn rooms by the payload cart

Fixed a client crash related to the scoreboard

Fixed the Heavy using incorrect melee animations

Fixed Brock's Locks not being paintable

Fixed team paint previews not showing the colors in the backpack/store icons

Fixed uploading replays to YouTube™ on Linux

Fixed a bug with item sets incorrectly applying their bonus when using Mann Vs. Machine upgrades of the same type

Fixed a ConVar exploit that allowed malformed values to circumvent range checks

Fixed MOTD sometimes not displaying HTML contents

Updated the Barnstormer to fix LOD clipping issues

Updated the localization files

Server restarted and updated. I'll be checking and updating plugins momentarily.

EDIT: Everything seems to be in working order.

Edited by Super-Duper Sombrero