OCR TF2 Server - Anyone interested in trying out TF2 should join us!

Bahamut

Haven't seen even half of them being played though.

I actually have a tf2 script specifically to address it. Whenever I mash a key, it randomly nominates any nonarena map on the entire server. A few nights we've already seen maps that people forgot were on the server.

Edited by Lyrai

We've released a mandatory update for TF2. The notes for the update are below. The new version is 1803907.

-Eric

--------------------------

Team Fortress 2

- Fixed a client crash when downloading custom maps for the Mac version

- Fixed browser cookies not persisting across game restarts

- Fixed the Festive Frontier Justice using the incorrect skin for the Blue team

- Fixed the Virus Doctor painting the entire hat instead of just the bands

- Fixed the shading for the Couvre Corner, Stout Shako, L'Inspecteur , and Full Metal Drill Hat

- Stopped dropping Mann Co Supply Crate #55 and added Mann Co Supply Crate #59

- Updated the Pocket Pyro so it can get assists in Pyrovision

- Updated the Liquidator's Lid so it can be painted

- Updated VR mode

- Added support for cloning your desktop display

- Added support for running the Rift as an extension of your desktop at resolutions other than 1280x800

Server updated and restarted. Any word on

EDIT: Apparently there are some new unusual effects! http://imgur.com/a/cND4M (Taken from reddit user TheAnthal)

Edited by Super-Duper Sombrero

Server updated and restarted. Any word on

Strange Part: Ubers Dropped (This is Medics Killed while they have a full charge)

Strange Part: Heavies Killed

Strange Part: Giant Robots Destroyed

The War Pig

The Fast Learner

Kukri

The Huo Long Heatmaker

The Enforcer

Strange Part: Ubers Dropped (This is Medics Killed while they have a full charge)

Strange Part: Heavies Killed

Strange Part: Giant Robots Destroyed

The War Pig

The Fast Learner

Kukri

The Huo Long Heatmaker

The Enforcer

The fast learner is sorta tempting. But nothing else really catches my eye in that crate.

Really want more medic strange weapons. :-(

Hell, how about some new weapons period. It's been 6 months since we got anything that wasn't a hat, a crate or a promo. I know we're kind of a legacy app at this point, but come on Valve.

With any luck we'll get some extra time and attention once Dota releases this summer. Just letting all those gorgeous weapon models languish in Workshop hell is a crime.

EDIT: You know what, this thread needs more discussion. Everyone post your craziest weapon ideas!

The Sludge Slinger

Level 25 Tarthrower

Slows target on hit

Mini-crits burning players

No airblast

No afterburn

50% slower weapon switch

I imagine it shooting black paint blobs ala Portal 2, with a similar sound effect. Normal flamer range, obv.
The Sapper Slapper

Level 10 Wrench

+100% damage versus buildings

+50% maximum metal

-20 max health on wearer

No random crits

Edited by Clefairy

Hell, how about some new weapons period. It's been 6 months since we got anything that wasn't a hat, a crate or a promo. I know we're kind of a legacy app at this point, but come on Valve.

With any luck we'll get some extra time and attention once Dota releases this summer. Just letting all those gorgeous weapon models languish in Workshop hell is a crime.

EDIT: You know what, this thread needs more discussion. Everyone post your craziest weapon ideas!

I imagine it shooting black paint blobs ala Portal 2, with a similar sound effect. Normal flamer range, obv.

I'm no good with details, but I would love to see a Sleeper style Huntsman. Take away the ability to headshot (And maybe damage nerf a little) to cover in jarate. I can just picture a jar of jarate jimmied onto the head of an arrow, with several pieces of tape being the only thing keeping it on.

Team Fortress 2

- Added the Summer Appetizer Crate to the drop list and added the Summer Appetizer Key to the Mann Co. Store

- Fixed a server crash caused by multiple Spies sapping a building at the same time

- Fixed a case where a Medic deploying Kritzkrieg on a Spy would sometimes result in permanent crit boost

Whee, summer crates. Apparently these contain the first wave of the Gold Star community items. According to this post on reddit, this is a list of the contents:

The Brotherhood of Arms

The Well-Rounded Rifleman

The Breakneck Baggies

The Powdered Practitioner

The Pocket Pyro

The Cloud Crasher

The Pom-Pommed Provocateur

The Dark Age Defender

The Tyurtlenek

The Mair Mask

What's the deal with the cards? I got 4 one day when I booted up Steam, and got a fifth shortly after. (Pyro, Demoman, Sniper x2, and Spy)

Cards are a monetization thing Valve is trying out. Generally, you get half of a set's worth for logging hours in the game. Being free-to-play, you also get an additional TF2 card for every $9 you spend in the Mann Co store. Yeesh.

Anyway, collecting a full set allows you to craft a badge, collect some digital knick-knacks and get exp to level up your steam profile. That's about it really.