OCR TF2 Server - Anyone interested in trying out TF2 should join us!

Bahamut

To be fair, it's incredibly annoying, especially if your backpack is mostly filled, because it prevents you from actually playing the game. You have to sit there and delete each crate and ticket one by one before you can get back into the game proper.

I'm not an admin anymore and don't really play as much these days, so my opinion probably counts less, but there should probably be some kind of rule in place about crate-spamming.

Backpack expanders are a buck a pop. Sell some cards!

To be fair, it's incredibly annoying, especially if your backpack is mostly filled, because it prevents you from actually playing the game. You have to sit there and delete each crate and ticket one by one before you can get back into the game proper.

I'm not an admin anymore and don't really play as much these days, so my opinion probably counts less, but there should probably be some kind of rule in place about crate-spamming.

CTRL + Click works in TF2 to select/delete multiple items at a time. Massive timesaver.

Backpack expanders are a buck a pop. Sell some cards!

I've got my backpack organized the way I like it though. 1 page per class, one for all-class equips and action items, and two for random drops/metal/trade fodder/etc. I have room to spare for a deluge of crates, but it's just an annoyance since I'm going to junk them anyway.

I've got my backpack organized the way I like it though. 1 page per class, one for all-class equips and action items, and two for random drops/metal/trade fodder/etc. I have room to spare for a deluge of crates, but it's just an annoyance since I'm going to junk them anyway.

Currently my backpack is 2 pages for all-class hats, 3 pages per class, a spacer page, a page for botkillers, a page for festives, and a page for halloween items.

Also, I haven't been able to play TF2 for days. No source game will get past the bald guy movie. It'll play it, try and load the title screen, then crash to desktop.

I've tried TF2, CS:S, DoD:S, Gmod, L4D2, and Dota2. Dota2 has no problem. Every other game, the exact same thing. I've done everything possible except format my hard drive. I've deleted & reinstalled each game, steam, verified files, deleted custom configs, at one point I disassembled my computer and reassembled it. Nothing is working.

No, no I have not. Is there a specific email address this should head towards?

Robin Walker was the go-to guy for a long time, but he's working on Dota now so I don't know. Though I saw you on tonight, so I suppose it's moot. Did you figure out what was wrong, or did it just start working automagically?

Robin Walker was the go-to guy for a long time, but he's working on Dota now so I don't know. Though I saw you on tonight, so I suppose it's moot. Did you figure out what was wrong, or did it just start working automagically?

The latter. I wish I knew what happened, so when it breaks again, I can do it and skip all that shit.

And yeah I was on for a bit. Do I miss the normal festivities or was there a rather large uptick in special pubbies today? From the benign ones like that scout who passive-aggressively begged for hats to the ones spouting racial slurs, it seemed really pub-like in it's enviroment.

Do I miss the normal festivities or was there a rather large uptick in special pubbies today? From the benign ones like that scout who passive-aggressively begged for hats to the ones spouting racial slurs, it seemed really pub-like in it's enviroment.

I noticed that as well. I think the overall server pool is shrinking; over the past year, a lot of my non-OCR haunts have dried up and disappeared. The playerbase isn't really going down though, so we're probably in for generally more crazies over time.

Bans for the Ban God, I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I noticed the server's down at the moment. What's going on there?

How can I force you to use my hilarious new plugins if the server's not up!

Speaking of which, I'll be posting my latest creation, Spy Fake Dominations, shortly.

You know how it's incredibly obvious that you've killed a Spy and you get a domination without your player saying the appropriate domination lines? Not any more!

Chicago Unscheduled Maintenance

Aug 2, 2013 - 7:28pm EDT

This location is currently under unscheduled maintenance. We expect the end users to experience an inability to connect to services during this time.

We will provide another update here when one becomes available.

Unscheduled maintenance on the chicago servers. I guess it's down for a bit, then.

I forgot to put koth_trainsawlaser on the server last night! I'll do it when I get home tonight for sure.

My TF2 will likely be decreased the next month or so due to various engagements I have - Otakon is this weekend, so I will be in the Baltimore area, and then I have drill weekend next week. I also have a two week vacation to the west coast coming up - all you west coasters along the path of Reno-Sacramento-San Francisco-LA-Las Vegas should message me for hanging out!

Okay

I want to say something to everyone who dorks around on TF2 here

If someone comes on, and starts spouting racial slurs, and makes it painfully obvious the only reason they're there is to see how many times they can say the n-word until they're banned

Don't talk to them. Don't acknowledge them, don't react to it. Whenever we play, we have at least one admin on. They've seen it. They're already typing the ban out. Don't give them any sort of satisfaction that they've gotten a rise out of you. Ignore it entirely until they're banned.

tl;dr: "Don't feed the trolls."

two people were 1v1ing a little while ago, they got mad at me for being in the server while they were fighting and threatened to ban me

When i questioned how they were going to do that, one of them said "he's an admin"

Now, I'm pretty sure there's no admin for the OCR server named "Snowball"

he then a few moments later apologized to me for being a dick and wanted to trade me, tried to say 6 of my weapons was worth a sollemn vow and a couple crates. I'm no expert at the TF2 economy, but that just sounds like a bad deal all the way around.

two people were 1v1ing a little while ago, they got mad at me for being in the server while they were fighting and threatened to ban me

When i questioned how they were going to do that, one of them said "he's an admin"

Now, I'm pretty sure there's no admin for the OCR server named "Snowball"

he then a few moments later apologized to me for being a dick and wanted to trade me, tried to say 6 of my weapons was worth a sollemn vow and a couple crates. I'm no expert at the TF2 economy, but that just sounds like a bad deal all the way around.

Bahamut or Sombrero can swoop in and tell you the admins, but I can tell you about the TF2 Economy:

Unless it's a Salvaged Crate, it's worth next to nothing. He tried to rip you off. With very very very few exceptions (promo items), no weapon is worth more than another weapon.

Bahamut or Sombrero can swoop in and tell you the admins, but I can tell you about the TF2 Economy:

Unless it's a Salvaged Crate, it's worth next to nothing. He tried to rip you off. With very very very few exceptions (promo items), no weapon is worth more than another weapon.

I had told him that's how I figured it worked, trading a weapon for a weapon, he just went "LOL nobody trades like that on TF2".

Besides, I wouldn't want to trade more than a 1 for 1 anyways, I'm trying to save enough to craft a Quick-Fix.

I just don't understand why people have to be like that sometimes.