OCR TF2 Server - Anyone interested in trying out TF2 should join us!

Bahamut

We've released a mandatory update for TF2. The notes for the update are below. The new version is 1945435.

-Eric

--------------------------

- Added the Fall 2013 Acorns Crate Key

- Added the Fall 2013 Gourd Crate Key

- Automated craft bots can no longer craft high-value items (i.e., hats)

- Fixed Nessie's Nine Iron missing gameplay description

- Fixed exploit that allowed dead players to attack living players

- Fixed disguised Blue team Spies showing blue health particles over their heads when disguised as the Red team

- Fixed the Sandvich meter being drawn in the HUD when the Sandvich is not equipped

- Fixed a bug that would cause some players to be unable to change their active item preset

- Strange Part: Kills with a Taunt Attack can now be applied to Strange Knives and Fists

- Strange Part: Kills While Explosive-Jumping and Strange Part: Posthumous Kills can now be applied to The Loose Cannon

Server updated. I'm really excited for crates. I love crates so much. I really hope I get like a million crates so I can open all of them. Crates.

• 2 weeks later...

I kind of feel like I've been bailing on a few invites recently, but my rationale is that I know I'm going to have my ass parked in the game for who knows how many nights straight as soon as Halloween drops, so it's probably better to take a break now while I can.

Also read this thingy, because it's actually pretty darn good for a fan comic.

Edited by Top Gun

So, I used the "trade offer" thing from the official TF2 trading subforum to get the last card I needed to finally craft a TF2 badge. Like 30 seconds later, I got a booster pack with three more TF2 cards.

My understanding is that they give out booster packs based on how many people are crafting badges for that particular game. So apparently, crafting a badge was enough to give myself a booster pack.

Guess I'm just that awesome.

I don't even have any game badges completed, beyond the Summer Sale one, and I only got that to the first level. I know there was a thread around these parts for card trading; maybe I should go revive that.

And even if Valve wasn't planning on releasing whatever the new Halloween stuff is yet, I kind of wish they'd at least turned on the holiday mode already, so we could play around in the older maps. At this rate it'll be Halloween itself before we even get things going.

Looks like GM (or otherwise) beat me to the punch this time!

Here's the update notes for you guys, in case you missed it:

We've released a mandatory TF2 update for Halloween. The notes for the update are below. The new version is 1976421.

-Eric

Scream Fortress 2013 has arrived

- Help settle the score in one of the longest running feuds in Mann history

- Comic and additional information available on the website (http://www.teamfortress.com/bazbobarrabus)

- Scream Fortress 2013 runs until Nov 11' date=' 2013

- Added New Halloween Map Helltower

-- Equip a spell book and cast spells against your enemies

-- Spells can be found by pushing the cart, killing enemies and during the Witching hour

-- The Clocktower contains powerful magic during the Witching hour

-- Win the race to start mega healed in the final battle for your prize

- Granting Spellbook Magazine to all players who launch TF2 during Scream Fortress

- Added over 100 Halloween tagged items from the TF2 Steam workshop

- Added Spooky Crate and Spooky Key to drop list and Mann co Store respectively

- Added class Transmogrifier's to covert Scream Fortress 2013 items of one type to another

- Added item Enchantment: Eternaween

- Enabled Halloween event maps in quick play

- Enabled Halloween gifts on Halloween event maps

- Enabled Halloween Spell Potions

- Enabled Mann Vs Machine event map Wave 666 in bootcamp

- Enabled Halloween themed Unusual Effects to be found from Mann Co Supply Crates

- Haunted Quality Items can now be listed on the Steam Market place

Map : Ghost Fort

- Lowered Merasmus's base health

Weapon Changes

- Medic's Crusader Crossbow now silently reloads when unholstered, similar to Pyro flaregun

- Fixed the charge rate for the Bazaar Bargain when the player has 0 heads

- In PvP Medics can now see the clip status of a patient's active weapon

Item Fixes

- Updated The Air Raider so it can be painted correctly

- Updated The Bone Dome so it doesn't hide Pyro backpack

- Strange Part: Kills While Ubercharged can no longer be applied to Strange Equalizers and Escape Plans

- Fixed the backpack panel using the wrong "drop_sound" when items are moved around

Virtual Reality changes

- Improved readability of the UI in VR

- Removed the IPD calibration tool. TF2 will now obey the Oculus configuration file. Use the Oculus calibration tool in your SDK or install and run "OpenVR" under Tools in Steam to calibrate your IPD.

- Added dropdown to enable VR mode in the Video options. Removed the -vr command line option

- Added the ability to switch in and out of VR mode without quitting the game

- By default VR mode will run full screen. To switch back to a borderless window set the vr_force_windowed convar.

- Added support for VR mode on Linux

Misc Bug Fixes

- Fixed an exploit that allowed unlimited uses of noisemaker items

- Fixed not being able to earn the Brotherhood of Steel achievement in MvM (play with 5 friends)

- Fixed the camera target not always being visible when using the replay editor

- Removed some servers that forged player counts from quickplay and the server browser

[/quote']

Another halloween update! This time on Halloween. During primetime. Amazing.

We've released a mandatory TF2 update for Halloween. The notes for the update are below. The new version is 1981390.

-Eric

- Fixed a client crash caused by low detail skeletons

- Fixed a dedicated server crash related to gamestats

- Fixed a dedicated server crash caused by the payload carts getting stuck

- Fixed green zombies not spawning on Linux dedicated servers

- Fixed broken melee animations for some all-class weapons

- Fixed players being able to issue the "boo" command when they are not ghosts

- Fixed cloaked Spies losing their spells if they attempted to cast them while cloaked

- Fixed the stealth spell only lasting for 2 seconds instead of 8 seconds

- Fixed players keeping their spells if they were rolling for them while leaving hell

- Fixed not switching back to the normal weapon if a spell was cast while standing on another spell

- Updated spells so they cannot be deflected

Another update apparently.

We've released a mandatory TF2 update. The notes for the update are below. The new version is 1982480.

-Eric

- Fixed a dedicated server crash related to players becoming ghosts in hell

- Fixed a dedicated server crash related to spellbooks and switching weapons

- Updated materials for the following items: Caffeine Cooler, Tartan Spartan, Carrion Companion, Sackcloth Spook, and the Pin Pals

Looks like I'm gonna miss out on this year's event. Repeated server updates during prime time meant that I haven't been able to play (well, I mean, I guess I theoretically could've played on a non-OCR server.... but why?), and now I'm heading out for a two-week business trip about a week earlier than expected.

Saddest face.

I haven't seen many people playing over the past week, and we only have a couple of days left before Helloween ends, so how's about a night or two of fun to send it off?

(Also if you have any spare Transmogrifiers you don't want, send them my way, since I have a few extra items.)

And...it's over, apparently! (I guess "through Nov. 11" translates to "through the early morning hours of Nov. 11.") I joined a bit later than I wanted to last night, but I'm glad we got one more night in. Big thanks to Necro for those extra transmogrifiers that took care of my remaining dupes.

Here's something interesting: I was on Helltower a bit earlier before I knew that the event was over, and while the gifts obviously don't drop, and the Manns (sadly) don't say their lines anymore, you can still pick up and use spells...they just don't appear on your HUD. And the achievement for winning a round still increments, so I'd assume that the rest of them still work too.

First, let me open by saying BEHOLD THE ADORIBIBILENESS

http://youtu.be/fAqGUUv-XJs

Last, let me close by saying where all the playas at? Now that I've hopefully fixed/upgraded my gaming computer I've been hanging around nightly to see if any pick-up games start, but nothing really happened since the last night of the Event.

I'd try to start them myself but I think half of you don't remember me and so you'd ignore the call D: I don't bring all the boys to the yard like Baha does.