How real does this sound?

I'm seeing how realistic I can make sequenced guitar and bass sound. Does this sound real?

https://www.box.com/s/a5b6622b1a74b4a6433a - Isolated Chorused Electric Guitar V1

https://www.box.com/s/d1df9c3281120b5e30e1 - Isolated Chorused Electric Guitar V2

https://www.box.com/s/317bef1f55dfba2c80fe - Chorused Electric Guitar + Bass + Low pass drums

Doesn't sound real at all. The vibrato is completely off and artificial, the chorus effect is overdone (guessing to try and mask the sample) and there doesn't seem to be any sense of dynamic variation between the notes (strumming at a constant velocity?). Your last link doesn't work for me, but maybe within the context of a song this would sound better.

I didn't realize the third link was pasted like that. :| I changed the link now. Yes, it does sound significantly different with a bass and drums in context. The intent is a western feel, so the vibrato in those places was intentional.

https://www.box.com/s/317bef1f55dfba2c80fe

@SnappleMan: FYI, the chorus is completely realistic, or at least, however real Guitar Rig reputably sounds. For $399.99 it has to be worth it. The acoustic guitar "sample" isn't a sample, it's a free plugin, but it's actually a really good plugin. It has a lot of good stuff, like picking position, picking speed, impedance, color, etc. If it had pitch bend without a pitch mod wheel on a MIDI keyboard, it might be one of the best free ones out there of acoustic guitars. I actually controlled the pitch bend option with automation clips rather than a real pitch mod wheel.

------------

Later it is meant to be a remix of this:

If you listen to the part at 2:04 or at 3:44, that's what this full

is supposed to be a remix of---that section.

Alright, that could be a quick fix. From what you said earlier, I can do fret slides instead. That's possible with my plugin. I just find it not efficient when it's only a half step. And the initial attack won't really be at 0 seconds, since this is literally going to be somewhere in the middle of a future remix.

I appreciate the guitar-expertise help! :D

I'd also embellish the strum even more to maybe try and get some fake string resonance effect going, Since you're using a sample of a single note and not of a chord you're missing all the sympathetic resonance that gives the sound of a real guitar much of its character. But really your best bet is to play it on a MIDI keyboard if you have that option, you'll never get a purely programmed guitar sample to sound real.

I'd also embellish the strum even more to maybe try and get some fake string resonance effect going, Since you're using a sample of a single note and not of a chord you're missing all the sympathetic resonance that gives the sound of a real guitar much of its character. But really your best bet is to play it on a MIDI keyboard if you have that option, you'll never get a purely programmed guitar sample to sound real.

Not for free, at least. ;)

I've tried... ughh... a guitar... before... :)

With samples of such dynamic stringed instruments your best bet is to hide them and use them only for the most fundamental and iconic character that they are known for. So when emulating acoustic guitar, you want to accentuate the strum and the top end, have pads and other things carry the harmony that you're going for, that's the key to using samples well.

Probably. I can't really say anything else about what goes through his mind sometimes. Nothing against him of course.

When it comes to the guitar stuff, give a lot of value to what he says.

What if it was just a fret slide? Would that sound like what I did? (I don't have an electric guitar)

Not really, the sound you have is like a kid depressing a whammy and pinging it up by accident.

Less is more when it comes to vibrato

Timaeus, do you know someone who plays guitar that you can collab with, ask them to play a part for you? There is probably someone on here you can ask, if you don't know anyone.

That's a good idea too. Perhaps you could even at some point learn a little yourself.

The guitar is a useful thing to learn