OCR02430 - Mega Man X6 & X5 "Countdown to Infinity"

Infinity Mijinion is actually the original Japanese name for the character as well as his stateside name. Now I remembered hearing that Mijinion meant "flea" but Google Translate says the Japanese word for "flea" is "nomi". The Japanese word for "water flea", however, is "mijinko". Give that word a cooler spin on it and you've got Mijinion. So to translate properly, that would be Infinity Water Flea. Capcom would've been laughed back to the other side of the globe in much the same way as if they had called Boomer Kuwanger Boomer Stag Beetle ("Kuwagatamushi" means stag beetle).

And I suck because I never have anything to say about any songs that are good other than that they are good. So this is a good song. Woo~

Infinity Mijinion is actually the original Japanese name for the character as well as his stateside name. Now I remembered hearing that Mijinion meant "flea" but Google Translate says the Japanese word for "flea" is "nomi". The Japanese word for "water flea", however, is "mijinko". Give that word a cooler spin on it and you've got Mijinion. So to translate properly, that would be Infinity Water Flea. Capcom would've been laughed back to the other side of the globe in much the same way as if they had called Boomer Kuwanger Boomer Stag Beetle ("Kuwagatamushi" means stag beetle).

Well Capcom always used twits on the names. I played every MMX game in japanese and they always use variations. Only somtimes they are too lazy to use a better translation for the international audience :P

Ok, back to topic: Infinity Mijinion's theme is my favorite theme of MMX6, and one of my alltime favorites, so I had to grab every one of them from the album, but this one is IMHO the best. This Europe style really fits the tone of the original

Infinity Flea's Final Countdown intro is so damn epic that not including it would have been a crime. So what did Willrock do? He used it over and over in different ways just to crank up the goodness. Willrock took an amazing theme and a.....not so amazing theme, and mixed them together in a stew of 80's metal and rock and it sounds like it would fit in with Europe's disk. Damn good.

As one judge said, this is probably the only way you could do Infinity Mijinion's theme and keep the spirit of the track.

The music is about the only good thing in X6, and I am glad to see that expanded on in such a fun, driving way.

• 1 month later...

Wow, this was absolutely fantastic! The mixing is just right, and the instruments seriously match The Final Countdown, right down to the formant bass in the beginning! Even the STRUCTURE matches! That's awesome.

I think mainly what I liked about this mix was its cohesive feel. Although there were two sources, at one point I actually forgot that there were two sources, and I didn't even think of looking at the video title---it was just that awesome.

What I liked most, though, was the title. It completely brings me into a state of mathematics. Recently I made a joke about counting to infinity... and it goes like this:

"Mr. Owl, how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?"

"Let's find out. 1, Phi, 2, e, 3, Pi, 4, ... , Infinity... I lost count." *bites*

Nah, just kidding. My actual favorite parts were the overall 80's atmosphere, the guitar's tone, and the breakdown at 2:06 - 2:21. For some reason, that breakdown reminds me of whenever Michael Jackson faces a fan (an electric fan :P) and feels the wind coming at him. LOL.

I was slightly disappointed that it faded out as an "ending", but that certainly didn't detract from the mix itself. Phenomenal work, pal!

• 3 weeks later...

For those who dislike fadeout endings - it is meant as a parallel to the Final Countdown's ending. You can blame me since I suggested it as an ending after Will asked me how he should end the song :P .

The song does a great job adapting the style of TFC to Infinity Mijinion. It's a fun song that came out of the GMRB contest and had both Will and Devastus salivating at the chance to mix their sources with Infinity Mijinion. Will executed with this mix and it is a clear highlight of Maverick Rising.

Also a little bit of trivia - Chuck Dietz's take on Infinity Mijinion, A Flea and His Giant, was going to be named Countdown to Infinity before I told him that Willrock beat him to the name. His take on the theme is also pretty awesome too and worth checking out on Maverick Rising if you haven't already.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02430 - Mega Man X6 & X5 "Countdown to Infinity"