A sustaining problem

I've had this problem for some time now but always managed to find a way around it. But I know that solving the problem will cause less hassle in the long run.

Listen Here: http://soundcloud.com/soleparadigm/choirtest

I'm using Omnisphere's choir patch for a track I'm doing. Long sustained notes being played but then cutting in and out of existence. I've tried different settings and adjusting ports but for some reason when I mix it down into a WAV file i get this result. This has been happening even before I upgraded. (I'm NOT on the latest beta by the way.)

And it's not the sound patch. This happens with pianos, cellos or anything that has sustaining notes. Anyone ever have this problem? I'd greatly appreciate some help on this. Thanks!

I've had this problem for some time now but always managed to find a way around it. But I know that solving the problem will cause less hassle in the long run.

Listen Here: http://soundcloud.com/soleparadigm/choirtest

I'm using Omnisphere's choir patch for a track I'm doing. Long sustained notes being played but then cutting in and out of existence. I've tried different settings and adjusting ports but for some reason when I mix it down into a WAV file i get this result. This has been happening even before I upgraded. (I'm NOT on the latest beta by the way.)

And it's not the sound patch. This happens with pianos, cellos or anything that has sustaining notes. Anyone ever have this problem? I'd greatly appreciate some help on this. Thanks!

First off, you're running it with ASIO4all right?

Er, well I guess I'm not really knowledgeable on this stuff, but it's something that I always check before I seek help.

But for what it's worth, here's there website and DL link:

http://asio4all.en.softonic.com/

Doesn't like my Mackie. :( I tried bouncing the choir patch still and imported it into Pro Tools but I get the same result. Not sure that's it.

• 1 month later...

WOW!

I thought this was just me. This happens to me ALL the TIME with the Aria player and all the Garritan libraries ever since I upgraded to FLS 10.

I think it might have something to do with the processing power of the computer, somehow. It happens a lot less on my new Core i7 Samsung laptop that it did on my old Core i3 Satellite. But for the life of me I can't find the setting to fix it! Even worse, for me the problem seems random. It doesn't always affect the same notes, and some notes play fine!

I can't believe more people aren't having this issue.

P.S. Both computers used a SoundBlaster X-Fi audio card with ASIO 2.0 drivers, so I don't think it's the sound interface...