Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed

Dave the Rave

I’m surprised that no one (especially AkumajoBelmont) has made a topic about this new game. Considering that it’s been over a week or two, that SEGA has

to their 2010 hit. I really enjoyed the first game, so I’m defiantly looking forward to the sequel. I hope this game will be more than meets the eye.

So far, there’s a Panzer Dragoon track, a total of 27 characters will be playable and a new Adventure/story mode where you have to rescue the other racers.

Share your thoughts everyone… Oh and who cares if this game is a MK7 clone.

• 1 month later...

Alrighty then, time for some info to share with ya. You might already know this in the E3 topic, but if you haven’t yet I can reveal…

1. They released

2. Joe Musashi from the Shinobi series will be in it
  3. Shadow the Hedgehog will return
  4. And finally, NASCAR driver Danica Patrick will appear as special guest exclusive

That’s it for now. If there’s anymore info on the game, I’ll let you know…

Alrighty then, time for some info to share with ya. You might already know this in the E3 topic, but if you haven’t yet I can reveal…

1. They released

2. Joe Musashi from the Shinobi series will be in it
  3. Shadow the Hedgehog will return
  4. And finally, NASCAR driver Danica Patrick will appear as special guest exclusive

That’s it for now. If there’s anymore info on the game, I’ll let you know…

If Danica fricking Patrick is in this there is absolutely no reason NiGHTS should not be a playable character. No excuse in the world.

Oh, for real. This is one racing game that should NOT be overlooked. Believe me. SUMO Digital are pros in the Racing genre and they are making a beast out of this game.

It is also worth mentioning that former Bizarre Creations developers were absorbed in to SUMO Digital when they got shut down. If you don't know what this means it means you've not only got SUMO handling things but you've got the guys who made Metropolis Street Racer, Project Gotham and Blur on board this title as well.

I think if you have ever cared for SEGA at some point in your life and love racing games then this game will be THE ONE to play when it releases. Even if you have never really followed SEGA that much, this racing game is solid and packed with enough heart and soul to throw a smile on your face.

Oh, it plays differently to Diddy Kong. Much differently. Don't let the alternative modes of the vehicles fool you in to thinking this is a clone of some sort. I don't think Diddy Kong Racing had tracks that changed as you raced through them, nor do i think Diddy Kong allowed for your vehicle to change while your actually racing through the course.

Another thing that really is worth noting is the handling of the cars. As i said, Bizarre Creation devs jumped on board and the cars feel somewhere between a kart game and an arcade racer that Bizarre Creations of old were famously known for. It handles so smoothly, the feedback for it so far as been fantastic!

Trust me, this game is awesome and will be such a worthy title to the SEGA brand once it releases.

My only hope is people can look beyond the so-called 'similarities' and actually experience the game for themselves.

Oh, it plays differently to Diddy Kong. Much differently. Don't let the alternative modes of the vehicles fool you in to thinking this is a clone of some sort. I don't think Diddy Kong Racing had tracks that changed as you raced through them, nor do i think Diddy Kong allowed for your vehicle to change while your actually racing through the course.

Another thing that really is worth noting is the handling of the cars. As i said, Bizarre Creation devs jumped on board and the cars feel somewhere between a kart game and an arcade racer that Bizarre Creations of old were famously known for. It handles so smoothly, the feedback for it so far as been fantastic!

Trust me, this game is awesome and will be such a worthy title to the SEGA brand once it releases.

My only hope is people can look beyond the so-called 'similarities' and actually experience the game for themselves.

Don't worry, I was making a joke. :-P I'm definitely ready for this!

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this with the news that the other campaign we had running for the NiGHTS fans to get NiGHTS as a playable character in AllStars Racing (from three years ago) paid off yesterday as during Summer Of Sonic there was a BIG reveal in which NiGHTS is playable in this sequel.

Also shown in the reveal:

- Reala is also a playable character

- the pair of them ARE the vehicles, since they characters have the ability to morph in to different things

- NiGHTS is driven by a Nightopian while Reala is driven by a Nightmaren

- Spring Valley is the race track and was shown in new beautiful modern day graphics

- you drive through Dream Gates which take you to different areas, some of which were shown were Gilwings Lair complete with Gilwing Cameo and Wizeman's battle arena, complete with Wizeman cameo that fires attacks at you while you race

For those attending Comic-Con, try the demo on this one, it will be there for the public.

They let the people play the demo at Summer Of Sonic just this weekend and the feedback was fantastic. Got a few hardcore racing fans come through too who tried it out and they agreed that this game has the perfect balance of kart game and arcade racing.

• 3 weeks later...

I never really understood the logic behind putting Sonic in a car. It's the kind of thing that makes me roll my eyes in disbelief whenever I see a toy of it on the shelves of the K Mart clearance aisle. When you can run and break the sound barrier at the same time, you don't need a car.

I never really understood the logic behind putting Sonic in a car. It's the kind of thing that makes me roll my eyes in disbelief whenever I see a toy of it on the shelves of the K Mart clearance aisle. When you can run and break the sound barrier at the same time, you don't need a car.

This is how I personally look at it.

Sonic needs a car. To make it fair for everyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for more info!

First off is the new gameplay trailer. Next, there’s a special pre-order limited/bonus edition. Where you can get Metal Sonic & an Outrun themed track when you pre-order the game. Thirdly, Steve Lycett explains why the bikes are removed from this game. And finally, the following new tracks have been announced…

An Afterburner themed track

A Skies of Arcadia track

A new Super Monkey Ball themed track (I think)

Starlight Carnival from Sonic Colours

Seaside Hill (under the name Ocean View) from Sonic Heroes

a returning Samba de Amigo track from the first game

That’s all for now. Please share your thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...