Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed

Dave the Rave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just picked this up on steam to kick off a weekend of nonstop SEGA binging and it's the best racer i've played this generation. I had no idea it was going to be this good.

After all the years and a near complete stop to all real SEGA games it's good to what Nintendoes SEGA still does better! yea, that's wit right there!

Edited by Garpocalypse

Awww, it's one of my favourites :P

The Billy Hatcher stage is the one I hate. Those turns at the end just after the boat section, they are just.... aghh.

Yeah, I hate this AND the burning rangers stage. The turns after the boat section in billy hacter are manageable if you don't care about retaining speed and can do the drift without accelerating.

Also fuck yeah this game is amazing.

232 stars club th_Sonic-dance-2.gif

Shinobi and Skies of Arcadia are my favorite stages. Billy Hatcher is brutal but reminds me of DKR so I like it.

How do you guys race fast enough to win on gold and platinum reliably? This is the first racer in a long time with a challenging world tour mode, and I love it....but must be missing something, I think.

I don't know why they bothered with a ranking system at all in this game though. You can go from last to first with a well placed shot or blowfish. Or someone else's.

Most of the time though I find myself getting RAPED and becoming the victim of drones, Ice and rockets usually all at the same time. It's still a lot of fun just please turn down your mics if you start getting upset. Nonstop F bombs and this game don't mix well.

:)

How do you guys race fast enough to win on gold and platinum reliably? This is the first racer in a long time with a challenging world tour mode, and I love it....but must be missing something, I think.

It's mostly memorizing the tracks and maximizing drift/trick boosts.

Mistakes are really costly so I wasn't beating Expert until I stopped bumping into walls and nabbed every drift boost possible. A trick I learned: if you end up at a dead stop, position yourself so that a racer behind you slams into your butt. You'll be back up to top speed pretty quickly.

Pick up a 360 Controller as the game has problems with Logitechs and Playstation controllers with out a 360 controller emulator.

True story, however I prefer the Wii Classic Pro controllers via usb interface to the 360 controller. If you can't get ahold of a 360 controller, just get x360ce on the internet and configure your device that way.

Anyone up for organizing some OCR racins' over steam?

btw flying with a keyboard seems to be completely impossible. If your not going in a straight line you're gonna be in trouble. I'm running out to pick up a controller some point this week so i can play this properlier.

Yeah, please make this a thing. Tournaments would be great.

True story, however I prefer the Wii Classic Pro controllers via usb interface to the 360 controller. If you can't get ahold of a 360 controller, just get x360ce on the internet and configure your device that way.

saw this too late. my bad.

I picked up a 360 controller and even though the game was fun with a keyboard it's amazing with a controller.

OCR Racing would be great but the friend invite seems to not work. Maybe it's because I have no one on my friends list on steam but that's beside the point. The point is... no maybe it is.

Though I wish they would have included some wayto mute the other players. Every game has had someone with their mic way too close to their speakers and filling the game with tons of feedback and distortion. ...and some of these trash talkers. Watch out for this guy named Loki he did nothing but talk trash for a solid hour nonstop. and it wasn't even the entertaining kind of trash. Just the annoying nerd kind. :)

• 3 weeks later...

My Housemates bought me this to pay me for the internet bill.

I'm so glad he did. I'd have never got it myself and it's the best Kart Racer I've ever played.

The Burning Rangers stage is hard, but with practise you can master it. I hated it at girst but now I love it.

-D

• 3 weeks later...

AGES is the best character in this or any game ever created in history. Any arguments to the contrary are immediately nullified by DREAMCAST CONTROLLER SPEEDBOAT.

Next time you'll do a Daytona track, right guys? The Adventure Dome Advanced track from DUSA2 is practically screaming with potential...

Edited by KyleJCrb

Grabbed it for myself and the girlfriend earlier today as part of a Steam Mid-week Madness sale for $15. I'm having trouble getting it to work with my gamepad(less to do with the game and more to do with shitty gamepad), but from what I've played, it's essentially like a balls out version of Diddy Kong Racing which is certainly no bad thing.