Be Aggressive!: A Gunstar Heroes Tribute Album - History

DusK

tumblr_moh9y0jq2r1r5v064o1_1280.png

Cover art by The Coop

Gunstar Heroes is a Sega Genesis classic, praised for its creative level design and its fast, action packed gameplay.

This project is a tribute to this great game from Treasure and its amazing soundtrack composed by Norio Hanzawa.

Our goal is to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Gunstar Heroes in September 2013.

Project Directors: DusK and Dj Mokram

Disc 1

1. The Dark Empire Rises (Story Demo, Stage Clear) [Chernabogue]

2. And Heroes Emerge (Opening) [DusK]

3. Loadout (Stage Select) [DusK]

4. Lightning Chaser (1 Stage) [CJthemusicdude]

5. Technology's Spiritless Puppet (1 Stage Middle Boss) [Mikeaudio]

6. Proggy Roadboy (1 Stage Boss) [Phonetic Hero]

7. Boiling Point (3 Stage) [ectogemia]

8. Pursued by the Subordinate of Ignorant Sin (5 Stage Boss) [Mikeaudio]

9. Till Cornerstones Remain (3 Stage Boss) [DrumJ8]

10. Rolling Gun Changer (2 Stage) [Malcos]

11. Be Aggressive! (2 Stage Boss) [DusK]

12. Be Attitude for Continues (Continue) [The Coop]

Disc 2

1. Guns to the Stars (6 Stage) [metaphist]

2. Lunar Ecstasy (Option) [Jakesnke17]

3. Square Zero (4 Stage) [Eino Keskitalo]

4. Challenge Accepted! (4 Stage Boss) [timaeus222]

5. Bullet Hell (5 Stage) [DusK]

6. Irresolution (Ending) [Flexstyle]

7. What's It Gonna Be? (7 Stage 1) [Main Finger]

8. Tri-Formation (7 Stage 2) [rebrained]

9. Technology's Uncontrollable Disaster (7 Stage Boss) [Mikeaudio]

10. No Time to Rest (Staff) [ivan Hakštok]

11. Nice Legs (5 Stage Boss) [Darkmoocher]

12. See Ya Space Cowboy (Opening) [Tuberz McGee]

Album Concept

Gunstar Heroes is an intense, fast-paced game, with a futuristic aesthetic, and the album reflects that, featuring an abundance of high-energy tracks with a futuristic sound to them, as well as tracks inspired by sci-fi influences.

Resources:

-Signature banner to help spread the word:

ghbasgbn01.png

(Link it to this thread: http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40004)

Edited by DusK

Oo, definitely an interesting project! Once I've worked through my current commitments I'll have a go at claiming a track as there is never enough 90's Sega love!! All the best with recruitment :)

This would be good. Very good.

A quick update: Turns out Dj Mokram was planning a GH project for a while, so we joined forces and he is now co-directing the project. OP has been amended to reflect this.

I listened to all the tracks there and I'd love to take a claim but I'm not sure if I have the necessary background genre-wise.

I'd like to emphasis that there are no genre restrictions per se. Simply a focus on modern-sounding and intensity-driven interpretations.

So long as you can bring the energy, you're welcome to give it a try. :)

I'd like to grab "Decision" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGnQeSyp9Ek ) but I'm not sure how much I can get done for a WIP "within 2 weeks of claiming" because this week I'm mixing for the Sonic Remix Compo while juggling an original project and changing day jobs. That cool?

No prob. If you're up for arranging, we'll hold your claim within the limits of reason.

We just want to avoid having people sit on their claims for months on end, that's all. ;)

Hit me or DusK via PM to give us a general idea of your availability and we'll mark you down. :)

You have no idea how happy seeing this made me. Gunstar heroes was one of those games that dominated my childhood. The soundtrack is woefully undermixed and I can't wait to hear all the great remixes. :)!!

For myself, I would like to claim the track "Military at the Max-Power. That track always was one of my favorites amidst a sea of already awesome tracks.

I PM'd Dusk (I think) and as soon as I get the green light I'll get to work :-D

Hey there!

Any possibility of me taking the source 'Legend of the Gunstars'?

I've definitely got an awesome idea in mind for it.

Gee-tar leeds ga-lore.

Marking you down for Legend of the Gunstars. Welcome aboard my friend. :)

Here is a game that doesn't get enough mention! Fun stuff! I will start working on Bravoo man, and let you know as soon as I have a wip.

Hi there Mike. Could you check in with us (via PM) before you begin working on anything?

Cause if you present a wip that does not fit the project direction, we'll be forced to decline.

And we really don't want to turn down the very few people who actually know about the game. ;)

So please get in touch with us asap. Thanks in advance.

You have no idea how happy seeing this made me. Gunstar heroes was one of those games that dominated my childhood. The soundtrack is woefully undermixed and I can't wait to hear all the great remixes. :)!!

For myself, I would like to claim the track "Military at the Max-Power. That track always was one of my favorites amidst a sea of already awesome tracks.

I PM'd Dusk (I think) and as soon as I get the green light I'll get to work :-D

CJ, I remember that Seven Force/Stage 1 remix you did last year. Always great to have some enthusiastic GH fans oboard.

The exemple track you provided seems to fit our direction, but be warned: this source is one of the most iconic tracks from the game.

We'll be expecting nothing short of a mind blowing interpretation. So if you're up for a good challenge, then you're on. 8-)

Edited by Dj Mokram

CJ, I remember that Seven Force/Stage 1 remix you did last year. Always great to have some enthusiastic GH fans oboard.

The exemple track you provided seems to fit our direction, but be warned: this source is one of the most iconic tracks from the game.

We'll be expecting nothing short of a mind blowing interpretation. So if you're up for a good challenge, then you're on. 8-)

I am SO ready! Bring it on! Time to chase some fiery lightning quite rapidly and BE AGGRESSIVE! :)!!

Omg I'd LOVE to make a progressive track out of Bravoo Man; I've JUST started listening to it, haven't even hit any of the other tracks, but I've been needing to get back into complex time sig's, and this source sounds like just the thing to do it

Mikeaira has a tentative claim for that source. Maybe I could persuade you to choose another? I'll let you know if it frees up.

Omg I'd LOVE to make a progressive track out of Bravoo Man; I've JUST started listening to it, haven't even hit any of the other tracks, but I've been needing to get back into complex time sig's, and this source sounds like just the thing to do it

Yeah, as DusK said someone already put a tentative claim on it. We're sorting this one out right now.

But with your style Pete, I think you would do awesome on tracks like Defeat Pinky Roader! or Theme of Golden Silver.

Let us know anytime. And good luck with your next mix/match in the lizard bracket. :)

Oh lordy, yeah those are both great. I'll get back to you guys on Saturday once I (as mentioned) finish my Sonic track, and can more thoroughly listen. Pinky Roader wants a prog makeover too ;)

EDIT: Throw me down for Pinky Roader, I'll try to have a WIP by the end of the week

You should try to get Mazedude for Golden Silver ;D

Edited by Phonetic Hero

EDIT: Throw me down for Pinky Roader, I'll try to have a WIP by the end of the week
Sure thing. You're on Pete. :)
You should try to get Mazedude for Golden Silver ;D

The sweeter the dream, the bitter the disillusion. ;P

After the initial wave of claims the first wips are beginning to come in. Let's keep the ball rolling, many great tracks are still available.

• 2 weeks later...