Be Aggressive!: A Gunstar Heroes Tribute Album - History

DusK

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... my system drive is about to die. Anybody know of a reliable harddrive cloning software for PC?

Fortunately my Gunstar workfiles are on my non-system drive, but I need my system drive to, ya know, actually use my computer. I want to clone it because reinstalling a million musical things (sound libraries and software) takes a million years and I don't have that kind of time.

Yo Jesse, sounds like you need to set up some mirror/raid drives asap. You should hit up Prophetik, as he knows a ton about fixing comp hardware.

It's always good to check the integrity of your hard-drive frequently with tools such as Crystal Disk Info. Don't wait till it's too late to salvage your files.

Oh, and a no-brainer: never clone your system partition if the reason for its failure isn't mechanical. Best of luck with this one man. :wink:

mine makes reference to Cowboy Bebop. I immediately win.
Mine references to Batman. 8)

Cowboy Bebop is my fav anime, yet it's hard to argue with someone who can let you know he's Batman ...with music. :mrgreen:

Srsly though, try to keep it focused on the music guys. Until a project becomes official, it's not immune to being locked.

Blaaaaaaaaarg. I made some sweet parts today using Shreddage, but it won't export properly. Sounds great while working in FL Studio, but then is missing notes and crap on export.

If ain't one thing, it's another I tells ya.

Edit: I have resorted to recording that instrument track from FL Studio into a wave editor, saving it as a wav, then reimporting it to FL Studio as an Audio File channel. That makes me very sad.

Edited by Main Finger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Oh, hai, welcome back "Mr Director". 110.gif

Zoom! Bam! Pow! Got 'em!

Anyway, sorry I've been a little more absent than I was planning on, stuff came up, and then more stuff, and then more stuff. I wanted to get another rendition of the track to you guys before the date, but I'll for sure be getting more hammered out by the next check-in. Just checking in before the check-in.

pH out

Anyway, sorry I've been a little more absent than I was planning on, stuff came up, and then more stuff, and then more stuff. I wanted to get another rendition of the track to you guys before the date, but I'll for sure be getting more hammered out by the next check-in. Just checking in before the check-in.
Don't worry Pete, you've made the last deadline and that's what matters. I'm not the kind of person to harass folks every five minutes for new wips.

So long as people remain punctual and/or let us know in advance where they stand, it's fine with me. And you just did, so everything is cool man. :)

@DusK/DjM: If you guys can send me feedback for my track, I'll try to have a finished version by next deadline. :)
Yo Alex, dunno if DusK ever got back to you with his crits, but I sent you my feedback on your latest wip a while back. Did you miss it or need me to resend it?

Aside from what I mentioned in the PMs, any further changes will depend on how the evaluation goes when we submit the project to OCR in a few weeks.

Rest assured that I will let you (and everyone else) know when we're at that point. :wink:

I'm getting Steven Slate drums in a few days.

So I'll be able to finalize my track hopefully. <3

Lucky you! Awesome, I can't wait to hear the result. Keep us in the loop Callum. :grin:
I missed the last deadline but I think I'll even finish my track before the current one :D
Roger that. Make sure to check back directly with DusK, since he's your handler in this case.
Heeeey, where's mah Lufia track?
Please consider doing that kind of things via PM in the future, sir. Thanks.

I did not get feedback from DusK
Well, I did my best to provide feedback for everyone, so let's hope this hasn't happened to others as well. If so please let me know asap guys.
I can wait on the Judges' crits. :)

I believe the eval team is a different one from the judge panel, but the idea remains the same. Obviously I can't tell you in advance what they will want, but since albums have to be tailored specifically for OCR, the staff is bound to request additional changes. So this is addressed to you as well as to everyone else on the project: be ready for the eventuality of having to make further tweaks past the feedback we gave you. ;)

Thanks for getting back to us, guys. Nice to see we may have a bit more blue in the track list soon.

Thanks for keeping in touch, Hakstock. I remember you were telling me in IRC you had a little difficulty figuring out where to go with your track, so it's good to hear you got that cleared up. Like Dj Mokram said, hit me up via PM with your finished track. I'll be thorough. I'm actually pretty stoked to hear yours finished.

Callum, feel free to send me your track here or on FB (I check FB more often during the day). Either way, it'll get some detailed crits from me and get back to Dj Mokram so he can hear how purty it sounds. Once I get the go-ahead from him, I'll put you in the blue, and we may discuss a little something afterwards. ;-)

Chern, I'll get back to you today, but there's not really a whole lot more I can add than "this sounds amazing," because to me, it sounds amazing. There were a few tracks on this project where Dj Mokram and I discussed the track, then consolidated feedback and had one director send it all back to the remixer in a single PM. It generally seems easier on the remixer that way, imo, to have to not bounce around multiple PMs trying to figure out what they need to fix. Unfortunately, I didn't write down which tracks these were; only that feedback in some form had been sent. Given the style of the track (Dj Mokram's quite a bit more versed in that style of music than I am, so his crits would likely be a lot more detailed and informative), I figured your track was one of the ones I relayed feedback to DjM with him sending the PM forward with my crit(s) included.

That covers everyone that responded here, but I'll PM all of you later tonight. Remember, if your track's blue, you can pick up another track! Don't hesitate to take on another remix, because those are some sweet sources still open.

• 3 weeks later...