Be Aggressive!: A Gunstar Heroes Tribute Album - History

DusK

I listened to all the tracks there and I'd love to take a claim but I'm not sure if I have the necessary background genre-wise.

Good luck with the project!

I'll take Dice-Dance-Days, I don't think that one was open when I looked earlier. Seems the most melodically adaptable out of the ones that were left... I can't really work with stuff without a lot of melody in it... Thanks :-D

I've got about 10 or so songs to make before I could get to this if that's ok :-D

Moved to Projects forum - it's OFFICIAL!! :nicework:
Wow! Thank you very much for the honor, sir. :)
I've finally started something on my song. Going for a really chilled house vibe, we'll see if I stick with it.
Glad to hear that Mike. Though keep the guidelines in mind, for it's called "Be Aggressive!" for a reason. ;)
I've got about 10 or so songs to make before I could get to this if that's ok
I'll let DusK be the judge of that.

------------------------------------------

I'd like to take this occasion to thank everyone who's invested valuable time and effort into this project thus far.

There's still a long way to go, but I hope you'll stick around with us to see that this tribute gets completed. :grin:

It's also a good time to remind you that it's not just me and DusK evaluating you from now on, but OCR as well.

So be prepared to make changes/tweaks to your tracks, regardless of their progress, if the staff requests it.

Let's keep going forward and steady as usual, and we'll see y'all on Feb 10th 2013 for the next deadline.

ghsmbn02.png

Is 2/10 the deadline for a finished track?

No, we just need a good solid WIP by then. I was thinking about asking everyone for a fully-composed remix by the deadline after that, though, but I haven't talked that over with Dj Mokram yet, so we'll see.

If you's still need any Artwork done for this - just send me a message :smile:

Would be more than up for it!

We already have the artwork squared away as far as I know, but thanks for your interest. We'll let you know if something changes.

No, we just need a good solid WIP by then. I was thinking about asking everyone for a fully-composed remix by the deadline after that, though, but I haven't talked that over with Dj Mokram yet, so we'll see.

/QUOTE]

Sweet, that's plenty o' time then.

No, not yet. The final deadline is still a few months away.

EDIT: ninja'd by DusK aka Solid Snake. ;D

!

• 2 weeks later...
Already have a lead artist, so we're good for now. Thanks for the offer though.

No, not yet. The final deadline is still a few months away.

EDIT: ninja'd by DusK aka Solid Snake. ;D

A few months, huh? Who knows, I might give "Defeat them all!" a shot later. I haven't heard the source yet, I don't think. Maybe I'll have time to take a look at home tonight and brainstorm. Forgot to bring headphones with me today. :|

Just checked out the preview, not too bad. Electronic owns the game, but I'm down with that as long as it's done well. Just for curiosity's sake I gotta ask, was there a specific intention to make the album lean on the electronic side?

edit: checking out the OP kinda answered to my question.

Even my track's kinda heavy on the synth elements. It plays into the futuristic sci-fi feel we're going for with the album.

Tuberz's track, on the other hand, is inspired by a specific sci-fi element without the use of synths, though. Which is okay too.

!

ghsmbn04c.png

First WIP sent! Hope all you others are hard at work on your trrrracks! :>

Also, yay for official status!

--Eino

Gotcha, thanks. Will send you feedback shortly. :)
A few months, huh? Who knows, I might give "Defeat them all!" a shot later.
If people can create amazing music in weeks for compos, three and a half months should be plenty. :wink:
You're Gonna Carry That Weight
I most certainly will...

Okay, I've checked out the source... Yeah! 6/8 is real flexible. I'll give a stab at it later! Ideas be in my head and be stayin'. =D 3 and a half months? Totally doable.

Example of work:

https://soundcloud.com/chimpazilla/cloudhopping-yoshi-touch-go-by

I'll probably be going with a metal/dubstep/glitch/electronica mix. ;D

And this will likely be the last simultaneous mix I'll be doing, lol. I'll have... let's see... 4 WIPs going on at once. xD

Edited by timaeus222

I had actually finished my track a few weeks ago, but I revisited it yesterday and the mixing, guitar performance and samples were terrible, so I decided to do it again from scratch but with as few changes to the arrangement as possible.

I think I'll be able to have everything recorded and put together for this deadline, which will leave the next few months for mixing only. And considering my mixing skills, even that may not be enough time :tomatoface::tomatoface: