PRC219 - ALBUM Special: Black Gun (Gunstar Heroes)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 219

PRCv9-11

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Last round was one of the best ones ever. Eight good songs and a very exciting voting stage. DjMokram claimed victory by beating Hoboka and Sir Nuts with only one and two points. He selected the source and has something special.

This round's source is selected by DjMokram:

Hey there,

For this round, I thought we could do something different to spice things up.

It's been a long time since a PRC was dedicated to arrange something specifically for an album.

Well, the challenge for this round will be to arrange a song for the upcoming Gunstar Heroes album: Be Aggressive!

The rules are simple: arrange the source in the most dynamic, intense and energetic way possible.

In addition to selecting the source for the next PRC, the winner will have his/her track included on the album.

Provided he/she brings the track (during the compo of after) to the standards of OCR albums, of course.

So push your limits, be creative and Be Aggressive!

The source is Black's theme, also known as Stage 4 Boss.

Links: MIDI |

Good luck everyone and have fun. :)

Gunstar Heroes album: Be Aggressive! for more information about the album.

PRC219.jpg

Source: Gunstar Heroes (GEN) - Theme of Black (Stage 4 Boss)

MID

Wikipedia

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

When you are not able to login, don't click on the 'click here to submit an entry' button, but click on the 'you are not logged in' button on the right top of the screen. Perhaps using Firefox or Google Chrome works as well.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by WEDNESDAY MAY 30th 2012 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of last round can take part by submitting a bonus mix, but he cannot win the round and get any votes.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Do I have an unfair advantage because I record thick heavy guitars?... Yep, bringing teh METLULZ out on this one :twisted:

Aside from possibly gaining the good graces of one director in particular, nope, no advantage at all. :wink:

That said, watch your levels and make sure your entry is free from any clipping or audible artifacts.

Holy hell I LOVED Gunstar Heroes! I am so in on this one!

Definitely looking forward to what you'll come up with. Don't forget to bring the energy! :)

Note to all contestants:

the winner might be asked to further polish his/her track after the compo. Make sure you're cool with that possibility.

Good luck everyone!

A few important notes:

The winner of this round will not be decided by a voting stage, but the organization of the Gunstar Heroes album will select the winner. Because there's no voting stage, the deadline is extended to wednesday 30 May.

Also, if anyone wants to use PRC for an upcoming album you can ask me, I'm open for it. There's no need to win a PRC round to do. Of course I don't want every PRC round to be an album special, but once in a while is fine.

It's quite a bummer to hear this from you guys, I was certainly looking forward to what you guys would come up with. I'm practically finished with my remix wooo

I think it would be a cool idea, perhaps for a future contest, to have a random tag-team round. People sign up who want to participate, then they are randomly paired up to collaborate on a remix.

It's quite a bummer to hear this from you guys, I was certainly looking forward to what you guys would come up with.

I'm practically finished with my remix wooo

And here I was gonna post that this string of desists would make less competition for sggod89. ;P

There's still 3 days left before the deadline, so I encourage people to give it a shot nonetheless.

A challenging source can sometimes push you in directions you had never considered before. ;)

I think it would be a cool idea, perhaps for a future contest, to have a random tag-team round.

People sign up who want to participate, then they are randomly paired up to collaborate on a remix.

http://compo.thasauce.net/compos/view/DDC :wink:

Not sure Bundeslang would ever want to drastically alter the PRC in such a way though.

But the random pairing thing could indeed be a fun thing ...or a complete mess, depending.

It's quite a bummer to hear this from you guys, I was certainly looking forward to what you guys would come up with. I'm practically finished with my remix wooo

I think it would be a cool idea, perhaps for a future contest, to have a random tag-team round. People sign up who want to participate, then they are randomly paired up to collaborate on a remix.

I'm down for that.

And here I was gonna post that this string of desists would make less competition for sggod89. ;P

There's still 3 days left before the deadline, so I encourage people to give it a shot nonetheless.

A challenging source can sometimes push you in directions you had never considered before. ;)

http://compo.thasauce.net/compos/view/DDC :wink:

Not sure Bundeslang would ever want to drastically alter the PRC in such a way though.

But the random pairing thing could indeed be a fun thing ...or a complete mess, depending.

It is a good idea, but if that happends, it's better to stop PRC and start a new remix contest. I also don't know there's enough interest for such a competition to organize every two weeks.

In the beginning of such a contest there will be a good number of participants, but after a while probably less persons are interested and a minimum of four is required to have a contest. Looking at PRC, the average is 2/3 entries now. But it might be a good idea for an anniversary/special PRC.

Three days left, I hope to see a good number of songs. Don't let DusK and Dj Mokram down.

Can I just do a MIDI rip/sound upgrade then - if they need something desperately? lol

Nobody is desperate for anything and Kevin is only doing his job as compo organizer, all while motivating the troops.

Insinuating that we are somehow lowering ourselves or would accept midi-rips because we are desperate is just rude.

Especially after we've clearly stated in the OP that the album is being made with the intent of submitting to OCR.

We just wanted to bring a little spice and try something different for once, to see if people were up for a reasonable challenge.

Obviously you're not and I understand that, it's okay. There will be plenty more PRC rounds for everyone to enter in the future.

For now, all we want is for people to have fun while rising up to the challenge ...like in any other compo. :)

Nobody is desperate for anything and Kevin is only doing his job as compo organizer, all while motivating the troops.

Insinuating that we are somehow lowering ourselves or would accept midi-rips because we are desperate is just rude.

Especially after we've clearly stated in the OP that the album is being made with the intent of submitting to OCR.

We just wanted to bring a little spice and try something different for once, to see if people were up for a reasonable challenge.

Obviously you're not and I understand that, it's okay. There will be plenty more PRC rounds for everyone to enter in the future.

For now, all we want is for people to have fun while rising up to the challenge ...like in any other compo. :)

Woah now, didn't mean to offend anyone here - I was tired when I made the post and didn't really see the mistakenly rude tone there...or the "insinuation of lowering oneself bit."

so I gave it one last try in yet another different style and it was kinda working out but when I got to the 3/4 part it kinda fell apart, lol. This is a pretty difficult song to remix and my talent is pretty limiteed, but we'll see I' think I'm still up for the challenge. If this one fails tho, I think I'm gonna wait for the next PRC.

so I gave it one last try in yet another different style and it was kinda working out but when I got to the 3/4 part it kinda fell apart, lol. This is a pretty difficult song to remix and my talent is pretty limiteed, but we'll see I' think I'm still up for the challenge. If this one fails tho, I think I'm gonna wait for the next PRC.

Sir_NutS, the man who gave us 'Welcome to the Metropolis' (plus others of course) having "pretty limited talent"?! I disagree most strongly!

Sir_NutS, the man who gave us 'Welcome to the Metropolis' (plus others of course) having "pretty limited talent"?! I disagree most strongly!

Lol, yeah. Sir_NutS are you crazy? You make amazing music and everybody on OCR knows that. Please don't deprecate yourself like this.

I agree though that the source isn't 'green hill zone easy' either. Norio Hanzawa is known for intricate/complex melodies and mastery of the FM synthesis.

But like I said, give it a go. If you feel it isn't working for you, no biggie. Don't force yourself if you're not having fun with the source in the first place. :wink: