Remixer name: DR.WELI

Homepage: www.soundcloud.com/weli

UserID: 49169 (waiting for activation)

Submission Information

Game: Megaman 4

Remix name: Foiling Dr.Wily

Song arranged: Last Boss

Own comments about the mix:

I've always wanted to make a VGM remix and finally took the effort to do so. I chose the last boss theme from my favorite NES game Megaman 4. The actual track is basically just a 10 second loop so I tried my best to expand on that theme and take the composition a bit further. The genre is drum and bass which was a natural choice for an epic last boss track. Enjoy!

• 2 months later...

lol @ the song title.

The arrangement is excellent; taking turns decontructing and then expanding upon the source thrack. The chip sound is a little weird at first, as it sounds like you just took the source and added stuff, but it's actually way cleaner sounding chips than the original, and there are plenty of spatial effects added, similar to Halc, or his alter ego, Benny Briggz would do.

The beat foundation is a little repetitive, but a lot of little bits get added on to keep it from getting too stale.

Production is solid throughout, with good panning and the flow the track is solid as well. This is really nice, definitely would like to hear more work by you. :-)

Yes

Andrew's assessment is pretty spot on. I definitely liked where you took this, and the overall pace is executed pretty well. I think it would have been nice to have a bit more of a changeup in the backing patterns and drums, but the piece still manages to keep interest, and seems shorter than the 4 minutes that it is. Kind of a silly name, though :P

YES