OCR01404 - Secret of Mana "Dragon Song"

djpretzel

What the fuck is wrong with you two?? this is the discussion of this piece, not what the fucking word hype means. Please....Let's give harmony his props, this piece is amazing, and his voice well...I can't say i've been turned on by a man's voice before. Very well done, very impressive harmony.

You sound a bit like me Harmony...that is scary. Maybe we should sing together one day :)

THe song is good. It isn't the best, but neither is a lot of other stuff. All you critiques need to jst chill and be on the happy side of this. It is good. One of the better Secret of Mana mixes on OCR.

Mustin, you are such a dork haha.

You have no idea how badly I'm kicking myself. I glanced for new songs on the site yesterday, caught a glance and said, "Hmm, SoM mix by Harmony, eh? Looks promising but probably not something that needs an urgent listen."

I want to slap my brain around, now. If I hadn't read the write-up by djp I would have made the exact same comparison to Pillar of Salt, which is easily in my top three, if not number one, on my list of favorite mixes. This mix absolutely takes me to another world and even makes my eyes water a little when I'm REALLY listening.

I'd totally want to see this mix on the upcoming World of Mana cinematic intro or something like that. I have a feeling it'd be wildly popular with everybody to ever even touch the game.

Oh man was that good, and i never post my opinion on this site. Usually just download and run. Very niiice, and it seems like you put your heart and soul into the remix. Not the MayFortuneSmileUponYou part two that im hopeing that you will do some day, but its a start. Great mix!

You know, despite it's qulaity I really didnt like Harmony's version of "Spirit of the Night", but I have the opposite on this. I realy enjoyed this one. I loved the guitar work and I was psyched to finally hear a good cover of the third flight theme. I did catch the parts of the desert theme as well. The lyrics are very...pretty, but I think it would be cool as well to do an instrumental with a guitar lead in it's place as well. My favorite part was the guitar work at 3:47, that was cool. This leaves me with a bit of a sad feeling despite the fact I ejoyed the song but then again the game did too, so it's all good. :wink:

You should try the test of courage song from the same game, nobody seems to want to try that one... :(

I'm not usually one to vote on individual pieces of music on this site (mostly because I know nothign about it past what I do and don't like). However, this is one work that I must make exception to. Secret of Mana is a legend in its own right, regardless of what the infinitesimally few may say.

This song however, did exactly what it was supposed to do and that was to put my head up in the clouds. I never really liked the original song before because it replaced 'Prophecy' and seemed to lack the same drama Prophecy invoked in me. Of course, now I have to plug my SNES back in just so I can hear this song again. Congratulations in turning a stubborn opinion. 8O

This is going up to the top of my most-played list right with The Darkness and the Light, Thrash the Plank, and Aphrodite Oceanus... Did anybody else just get the urge to put up with airport security?

You've succeeded in pulling an old fan of SoM out of lurker status, Harmony. ^_~

The only thing that bothers my poetic senses, at least, is the use of the phrase "my Flammie". It seems like it might make more sense to say "my dragon". I realize that the rhyme of "stars" and "far" sets up an expectation of later rhyme, but for some reason, "my Flammie" strikes wrongly with me. I think that part of it is that I am easily persuaded that the singer here is Randi himself (the Boy), and I have trouble seeing him describing Flammie as "his"; but for the most part, it is just that the phrase "my Flammie" seems uncharacteristically childish for this "speaker". Using "my dragon" would also set you up for for "dragon song", later in the piece.

I don't claim to know anything about music, but I thought I'd speak up since, except for that one little part of this song, I was riveted. Excellent work, Harmony, and I hope to hear more SoM mixes from you in the future. (Also, you're helping me continue my SD3 fanfic, though I suspect how glad you'd be about that depends on your opinions on copyright infringement. ^^; )

The only thing that bothers my poetic senses, at least, is the use of the phrase "my Flammie". It seems like it might make more sense to say "my dragon".

Sometimes I pet and stroke my Flammie, and it responds vigorously and enthusiastically to this affection :wink:

I didn't notice it until you pointed it out, but I'll agree that written down it's a little iffy. However, when sung, esp. by Brandon, I skip right over it without batting an eyelash.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01404 - Secret of Mana "Dragon Song"