Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

Well, looks like project chaos is done.

Perhaps even we will manage to squeeze this project out our musical sphinctres.

Edit: I think I'll post a little of the PM I replied to Dragon Avenger with anyway, just so that anybody looking can pick up on some of the things I think are important to the project.

"I'm not really a fan of narratively appropriate lyrics to videogame music. (I figure they'd have lyrics already, if they were meant to.) I don't mean to discourage the practice, but I just want to explain why I'd choose not to use that for this project.

I suggest that you all play through the game. It's good. Quite good. I think it's necessary to see/play through the ending and credits to be able to really understand the mood I'm going for with this project.

I'm not going to make it a prerequisite, but I'd like everyone on the project to have a high appreciation for the game and music, so that this project showcases the emotional attachments that the participants have, because I think the music could capture that rather well."

I changed some wording, so it applies to everyone. I just want to make sure you all know why I'm so picky with this project. It has to be reflective of a love of the game (Link's Awakening) and its music, and not just "games and music" in general. I can't afford to have someone with a casual interest just toss off remixes of music that I think ought to have some care and actual emotion invested into it.

It's important to me, and I'd like for it to be important to the mixers, and the listeners as well.

It's probably worth mentioning beforehand that Dragon Avenger is a lady, with a midranged voice. (Somewhere around alto, but maybe a little higher).

She's a little shakey at times in her samples, but I'm sure you could whip her into shape with some prodding.

I figured some of you would prefer to know that in advance, before checking out the samples she has.

(actually, I can find no evidence of DragonAvenger's ladyhood apart from the voice, so if in fact DragonAvenger is a castrated or prepubescent young man, I apologise in advance...)

It's probably worth mentioning beforehand that Dragon Avenger is a lady, with a midranged voice. (Somewhere around alto, but maybe a little higher).

She's a little shakey at times in her samples, but I'm sure you could whip her into shape with some prodding.

I figured some of you would prefer to know that in advance, before checking out the samples she has.

(actually, I can find no evidence of DragonAvenger's ladyhood apart from the voice, so if in fact DragonAvenger is a castrated or prepubescent young man, I apologise in advance...)

she's a girl. at least, she sounds like one when i talk to her on aim...and i know a girl who dated a guy from her college's school of music, which she attends as well, and she knows him, and he knows her. so therefore, she's a girl. really. not the old dude in family guy.

she's a girl. at least, she sounds like one when i talk to her on aim...and i know a girl who dated a guy from her college's school of music, which she attends as well, and she knows him, and he knows her. so therefore, she's a girl. really. not the old dude in family guy.

Lol, I did forget to mention that I am (fully) female. And yes, some of the samples are shakey, though most of those are the earlier (IE started singing around 2.5 years ago) singing. Check out my ocr submission, Summoner's Love(nervous!) if you want something closest to what I can do now.

Alright well looking back through the forum a bit...I see that my song was cut..which I do understand...

even I knew t had to be changed but I was stuck on how to do it...My creativity with it had become non-exsistant.

so I would like to ask for a Second chance at a another song... Key Cavern might have not been the best song for me to remix...I had a feeling it might not in the begining, but it was one of the few soungs I could do at the time, where there were only a few availible songs. Now that there are some openings, I might be able to produce a better remix using a new song.

If you want I could work a little something up of another song and then give you a little idea of what I can do with that, then you can determine weather or not to except me once again intot his lengthy project of yours.

-Shinny

Believe me, I've made a lot of progress on this song, but I am uh...currently (acquiring) better samples to continue...I JUST got my new computer yesterday, it is very nice. If you want a version from around a month ago I will pm it to you, but be aware that it's going to be completely revamped with better quality in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...