Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

Bump 'o the month.. I'm going to give this a shot, see if I can produce something that isn't entire crap. Does anyone have the desire to collaborate on Key Cavern (22/96)??

Also, I scanned through several pages, but... there's 96 of them (same number of songs in the chip for this game!), but it's tough to find a good list of the WIPs released so far. I wanted to make sure I was writing something close to what's been done and wasn't going off on some tangent. Any chance we could get an edit on that first post in this thread with the WIP links? If hosting is needed, I can provide...

• 2 weeks later...
I hate that song. If you can make a nice remix of it, I'll be impressed.

I'm new to OCReMix in general.

What I was thinking for Key Cavern was something ambient and mellow, sort of more similar to the temple themes in Twilight Princess or something.

Here's a brief WIP demo of my "Key Cavern". I've worked on this much only for the past few hours.

http://www.freewebs.com/monkeygra/schrage-Key-Cavern-WIP-1.mp3

(right-click it for maximum power)

Please tell me if it's suitable, and I'll keep working on it.

(I'm using Reason 3.0)

Well it's certainly got the ambience part down. The synth entering at 1:00 is a little too mood destroying. I'd work on making it flow more with the background parts. I think I know what you want to do there with that entrance, but it needs to be a little less jarring for the mellow mood you've got going for everything else.

only had crappy laptop speakers to listen, which doesn't do this genre of music justice, really.

i think this is definitely headed in the right direction. your drums sound pretty poor at this point - i understand the feel you're going for but what you've got isn't really working for me right now - and that synth obviously needs to be changed. i like the sound of the synth, it's just too edgy...some filtering would probably make it fine in all reality.

good start.

Hey, the threads alive again! Well.. it's kinda shameful, but I haven't been able to work on it much since I got it started thanks to life. Here's the beginning WiP for Mysterious Woods, http://www.dcmperformance.com/music/Links_Awakening_-_Mysterious_Woods_ReMix_3.mp3 - towards the end of the song is where I always test, so it might seem like the song is jumping around a lot. Feedback is appreciated. ;)