Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

i'm arbitrarily declaring this project dead, basically because the coordinator just said clearly that he didn't care about the project.

there's a point when saying that you have a real social life to maintain and saying how much cooler you are than everyone else becomes bullshit. i'm currently pursuing one of the most time-intensive majors possible, and am succeeding. i'm one of the best classical musicians to ever go through my school. i'm a good band teacher. i've got a fiancee, i have friends who i spend time with...and i had a mix done within two weeks of starting this project. quit spitting bullshit about how cool you are and how you're a BETTER FUCKING PERSON BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T SPEND THE TIME TO MIX A DAMNED MIX ON YOUR OWN FUCKING PROJECT THATS ABOUT THE GAME YOU THINK IS THE BEST FUCKING GAME EVER and just gtfo. no one wants that kind of attitude or cockiness.

for christs sakes, i always thought you were an self-inflated bastard, but i never thought you'd admit it while being self-inflated and a bastard.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys... It ain't no thang. Don't sweat it.

I mean, at least it got some people to make music. There are so many projects these days, that help has become spread so damn thin.

Projects like this have been overshadowed from day 1. That's just the truth. I don't blame Starky, I don't blame myself, and I don't blame anyone from withdrawing tracks... This isn't the only project that has been a long-time coming, and even projects that seem to have MUCH more support have run into delay after delay after delay. Shit happens.

That being said, I enjoyed a lot of your tracks people, it was a good run guys. I'm sorry I never finished my song, but I wouldn't have minded being booted off for someone who was more dedicated than I was to actually volunteer to do it instead (this never happened, no one showed any real interest, so I stayed on, hoping I'd finish it in time for the project's release)

So the fact of the matter is, there just wasn't enough of interest, ANYWHERE. Extremely dedicated project coordinators have pulled their hair out trying to release shit, and are still having trouble, so I say that the reason behind the failure here has to be a BIT more than just STARKY DOESN'T CARE BLAH BLAH.

Check out all the projects that are having the same problem, despite the attitude of their coordinators.

ANYWAY THE END! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Damn, I'd just been getting pretty excited when I found this thread a few weeks ago, I wanted to work on+hear it.

Such a good game, too...

Anyone else thinking of starting this project up, later? (Or is that too presumptuous right now?)

We're nearing the end of a big remix project phase (several projects were started all at once, and a couple stalled and died like this one - for a while I thought Milkyway Wishes was dead, but it went through a changeup and is going to be released on the day the Kirby Superstar DS port is released, and I haven't the slightest clue where the SD3 remix project is), so it might be a good idea to wait a while before suggesting someone take this up to completion.

If enough of OCR's community still feels like doing remix projects, there may be enough interest to see this through. If not, well, you can always look to the newly-revived VGMix when OCR fails you.

Damn, I'd just been getting pretty excited when I found this thread a few weeks ago, I wanted to work on+hear it.

Such a good game, too...

Anyone else thinking of starting this project up, later? (Or is that too presumptuous right now?)

You're always welcome to do your own mix or collab with someone on a Link's Awakening track too :)

• 2 weeks later...

I remember this project from when it started. LONG ago. Helped work with Aeth to setup the first website, which is still live, but not updated. Until I decided to take a break from the community. Came back, only to find that the project wasn't going anywhere. Now that it's officially dead, someone can probably remove it from the projects forum. Sad to see this project end the way it did.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How much actually goes into running a project like this? I'm interested in seeing as many of these projects come to fruition as possible. I just got here a little late, as many of us did. Always great to see "I'd like to do this" followed by "This Thread is Dead.", but some things can't be helped.

I know I'm a bit new to the forums, and the OCRemix community in general, but I've got a few thoughts I'll compile and either edit this post to add them, or make a new post (if someone posts before I get to again later today).

Perfect...ask my wife...it either is perfect or not at all. At least when it comes to music.

How perfect do things have to be? The first thing to do is keep interest going, right?

I'll put together the final track listed, and post a link here for everyone who wants to listen. Sort of a teaser for what may hopefully come to pass. I'm much better at Orchestra than the other genres listed, but thankfully it is one of them. Who knows, maybe the "teaser" will generate some new interest?

• 1 month later...