Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

It's such a shame that I got separated (and still am) from my piano. I had a solo piano WIP of the Eagle Tower theme that had a lot of potential. If only I had a portable recorder.. oh wait. I know someone with a laptop.

But it's long since taken now. Does anyone have a link to Rexy's Eagle Tower mix so I can bitterly judge it? :razz:

*sigh*

EDIT: I can't seem to find the old Eagle Tower recording either. Sadness.

It's such a shame that I got separated (and still am) from my piano. I had a solo piano WIP of the Eagle Tower theme that had a lot of potential. If only I had a portable recorder.. oh wait. I know someone with a laptop.

But it's long since taken now. Does anyone have a link to Rexy's Eagle Tower mix so I can bitterly judge it? :razz:

*sigh*

EDIT: I can't seem to find the old Eagle Tower recording either. Sadness.

actually I am pretty sure that Rexy's version was loosely based on your version, because I remember they were very similar... Also I REALLY LOVED THAT WHY IS IT LOST FOREVER???? SAAAAAAAAAADNESSSSS!!!!!!!!!

I just got some really good ideas for track 3.

Fun facts - incidentally, the chord progression in the chiptune is identical to that of the recent remix "Tant Mieux" for a few measures. It also begins almost exactly like the intro in Mega Man 2...

Anyway. I'll probably make my version even if it doesn't get to be on the project. But the tracklist in the first post should indicate that the windfish theme isn't unclaimed.

- Song lengths will probably be between 3 and 6 minutes.

- The genre is restricted to ambient, rock, and orchestral(non-cheesy, please), and preferably, electronic fusion of all three. I hope to have a cohesive mix of songs by way of this genre restriction.

I want this project to be moody and somewhat melancholy. The mood should be fueled by nostalgia. The album would end up being something one might listen to on a rainy day, or while studying. Something peaceful and reflective.

yeah, i have.

I wish I'd known about this earlier...

apparently, it's possible to make playlists with gbs tracks. I made one for this game, including only the songs in the tracklist in the first post, giving them the same names, and putting them in the same order, but without adding the extra info about who's remixing what etc. I also haven't limited the play time for any of the tracks to anything but 2 minutes with a 10 second fadeout. Yet. The gbs file must be named "ZELDA.gbs" and be put in the same folder as this m3u file to work however, and obviously, you can't open the m3u file in windows media player, only in winamp, and with chipamp installed.

Get it now! And this should really be in the first post too. I really hated clicking on "next" 73 times to hear the windfish theme...