Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

Yeah, actually I'm doing it right now.

This is a work in progress, seeing as how this is the first time I've actually been using a tablet.

picture

So, were you just wanting me to do the CD work? Or the entire page? I mean, it'll take some time for me to do page work,

i was thinking a little different style for the artwork, really. rather than doing characters - since you go through the game really not knowing what people look like, or anything - i was thinking more symbolic stuff. like, link's sword stuck in the ground, and that kind of stuff. and remember that we're going for a rainy-day feel, so something that's of a darker palette would help too.

i was thinking a little different style for the artwork, really. rather than doing characters - since you go through the game really not knowing what people look like, or anything - i was thinking more symbolic stuff. like, link's sword stuck in the ground, and that kind of stuff. and remember that we're going for a rainy-day feel, so something that's of a darker palette would help too.

Ahh, I see, well, that clears things up quite a bit. Well, I'm not so good with that sort of style, but I'll try another image.

I'll be honest, I've not played this game before, so this is a bit uncharted territory for me (I understand the premise, the story and some of the characters), so if you'd rather have someone else do the artwork for it, I'll understand.

I just had an idea, the owl sitting on links sword in the ground, while the rain pouring down on him. What do you think?

Yeah, obviously, since they're not mammals, owls don't have nipples, but it sure looks like this one does. Especially since the rounded contours around them look like human male chest muscles.

Also, the handle on the sword is very short, I don't think Link could fit his hand on that. It's also a little thin, the owl doesn't seem to actually be grasping it.

But your style is nice, it looks like something E.P. Shepard would have drawn.

I thought about how that sword is going to be in relation to Kapora Gabora (the Owl, I know I didn't spell it right). But, I just don't think it would look right if he was perched on the arcs of the sword. Maybe if I have him on sort of perched on it, with his foot on one side of the handle (like a parrot will do climbing down a pole.

I think his position is good but maybe you could extend the handle somehow? Definitely don't move him down, then it'll look like he has a penis instead. And I don't like the parrot approach, I doubt owls ever sit like that. Otherwise you could just try to move his feet together, they're pretty far apart... look at these two, it's nearly got one foot on top of the other because they're so tight.

http://www.h2oguide.ca/archives2006/branch_owl.jpg

http://i.pbase.com/o4/13/6313/1/60928178.gho200636x.jpg

Another idea is to have it sit on one foot, a lot of birds do that when it's cold. Don't know about owls.

Owls are funny looking, thankfully the one you drew isn't (aside from the nippleness that is). I read recently that they had to kill one around here because it had moved into an urban area and started eating all the cats in the neighborhood. Apparently a 28 pound one managed to escape alive though.

I think his position is good but maybe you could extend the handle somehow? Definitely don't move him down, then it'll look like he has a penis instead. And I don't like the parrot approach, I doubt owls ever sit like that. Otherwise you could just try to move his feet together, they're pretty far apart... look at these two, it's nearly got one foot on top of the other because they're so tight.

http://www.h2oguide.ca/archives2006/branch_owl.jpg

Another idea is to have it sit on one foot, a lot of birds do that when it's cold. Don't know about owls.

Ah, I see, thanks for helping me with the detail there. Never noticed that owls perch like that. I'll extend the handle. Like I said, this is a work in progress. I don't know how much more with the lack of expertise in Gimp (or Photoshop/Corel Painter 9) will take me, but hey, that's why I've got the net to research it all.

I'll extend the sword, push his feet closer, and get the details going on it.

That'll probably be a couple of hours. Which probably means I'll be up a while or you'll see it tomorrow.

So, were you guys wanting me to do the art for the website? Um, to be honest, I wouldn't know where to start with that, and two, what would it entail for me to do? I'll check some of the other projects here for research on it.

I fixed the timings on the playlist file. I used the same rules as for SPC's, namely:

1. Any song that loops plays until the looping part comes, and then that loop is played twice. Then it fades out for 10 seconds before the next song starts.

2. Any non-looping songs play until they end.

If I've looped any song more or less than twice, tell me.

toadofsky - if you're not comfortable doing art for the website, that's completely fine. there are a lot of artists on this site.

To be totally honest, I'd really like to contribute art for the cover of the album. That's what I thought I was doing at first.

I'm not trying to backpedal here, I want to contribute in any possible way. I've mooched off this site long enough (5 years is long enough). I want to be a part of a project at least once.

Plus, maybe this is my small, small step into doing larger things in a possible future project.

So if it's okay, can I do this image, and you guys decide what to do with it? If you guys like it, then by all means use it. If not, then at least I've learned more of Gimp, as well as using a pen tablet.

Wow there's so many projects going on this year...

Please make Tal Tal Heights the best track ever in this project. haha

Actually this is a very very old project being revived.

Welcome to like the last three years, project after project after project :J

However I think I like it this way in the end, even though everyone complains about it, as long as these projects eventually get done and have good content, who cares right? Right guys>>>????? Right?#%$#^?

Alright, done some tweaking, final inks, rain effects, now I need to get a better background (or maybe a variant color), do some lighting effects, and well, you guys take a look and see what you like...

Kapora_amd_by_Toadofsky.jpg

Don't worry about the website, I'm putting it together. :) If you have more rainy/moody pictures I can try and incorporate them though. I'm going to try some stuff with this one.

Alright, done some tweaking, final inks, rain effects, now I need to get a better background (or maybe a variant color), do some lighting effects, and well, you guys take a look and see what you like...

Kapora_amd_by_Toadofsky.jpg

I liked the old one better. There's too much rain and the water on the owl itself makes it look like it has frosting on it, or it was cumshot. The rain looked better in the old picture.

For comparison... the old one has much better lighting, the new one is too dark and has too heavy contours. And the rain looks much more natural in the old one. It's hard to even tell it's an owl in the new picture. You've paid more attention to detail in the new one but less to the overall impression, I think. And I like the sketchy style of the old one over the more cartoony of the new one.

Owl_Cover_by_Toadofsky.jpg

I liked the old one better. There's too much rain and the water on the owl itself makes it look like it has frosting on it, or it was cumshot. The rain looked better in the old picture.

For comparison... the old one has much better lighting, the new one is too dark and has too heavy contours. And the rain looks much more natural. It's hard to even see it's an owl in the new picture.

Hmm, back to the drawing board. I'll adjust the rain on the owl (so it doesn't look like he's been crapped on), and change up the rain some more.