Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

This version is very nice. I know I was complaining about the sword before but the shape of the arcs was much nicer in the first one, I think. Also, how big is the owl supposed to look like? You've extended the handle a lot, the witdh/length ratio is over 3 times what it was in the original picture, so when you picture Link's hand on the handle, the owl feels only half as big as it was in the first picture. Maybe it's supposed to be that small though. Would it be too much to ask to have you try removing about 1/4 of the handle's length? I really don't know how much effort this would take on your part.

The rain looks much better, except for a few strokes in on the left edge, especially the upper part. Cropping 10-20 pixels off the left edge would probably get rid of that though.

This version is very nice. I know I was complaining about the sword before but the shape of the arcs was much nicer in the first one, I think. Also, how big is the owl supposed to look like? You've extended the handle a lot, the witdh/length ratio is over 3 times what it was in the original picture, so when you picture Link's hand on the handle, the owl feels only half as big as it was in the first picture. Maybe it's supposed to be that small though. Would it be too much to ask to have you try removing about 1/4 of the handle's length? I really don't know how much effort this would take on your part.

The rain looks much better, except for a few strokes in on the left edge, especially the upper part. Cropping 10-20 pixels off the left edge would probably get rid of that though.

Yeah, I'll crop off that side, and as far as the owl goes, I know Kapora is really big, at least in Ocarina he is. But I'll shorten the handle a bit more.

But right now, I've gotta get off this computer, and get to the gym. Haven't been in like a week or more (that, and I'm tired of sitting in this apartment).

if link's sword is a true longsword, the handle should be almost a foot in length to reflect the fact that the sword is a mile long. gives you more room to adjust your hands as you strike, and helps balance it as well.

i don't mind the picture sizing ratio the way it is.

can you do a rainy beach with some flotsam cast up on it as well? some driftwood, a shell or two...reflecting link's status as flotsam in this world as well. we need a title text that can be used as a banner on the site (threshold of a dream). and, lastly, mind doing a stylized rendition of the box cover as well?

thanks.

edit: a seagull flying off would be cool too.

That beach idea would look nice on the back cover... anyway, about the handle, maybe it's supposed to be that long, but then the owl should be bigger.

But right now, I've gotta get off this computer, and get to the gym. Haven't been in like a week or more (that, and I'm tired of sitting in this apartment).

I should probably go too... been meaning to for days now but I'm just sitting here, getting fatter every day.

I would kind of like to keep the owl the size that he is, if I make him bigger, then it might look awkward. Then the sword wouldn't be as visible at the bottom, at least that's my opinion.

And yeah, I'll try to do a beach image, that'll take time since I was never that great with backgrounds.

And the stylized cover, I'll give it a shot.

I'm a terrible person for imagining the cover art depicting Japanese whalers hunting the Wind Fish to sell in supermarkets....

Seriously though, I like the rougher-style art that's been getting tossed around. I only played it in bits and pieces back in the day, but since the visuals weren't the highlight of the gameboy game, this kind of art displays a child-like drawing based on imaginations of the characters in the game. I don't know if that made sense, but it made sense to me!

Keep it up, every-peoples

Well guys, I tried to do the beach, and I couldn't get it to come together they way I think it should be, so I don't think I should be the one to do that.

I'll try to do the banner, and the logo though.

Sorry, I don't mean to drop from that, but I'm just not that good with backgrounds, I'll need practice on this for a while before I can make something special for you guys (Gimp is starting to show it's limits), so if it's possible, you think you guys may have someone who can do the back cover justice?

• 2 weeks later...
actually I am pretty sure that Rexy's version was loosely based on your version, because I remember they were very similar... Also I REALLY LOVED THAT WHY IS IT LOST FOREVER???? SAAAAAAAAAADNESSSSS!!!!!!!!!

I wanna hear Rexy's version.

Also, desperately hopeless though it may be, does anyone have my old WIP lying around anywhere? The filename would probably be something like eagle.mp3 or eaglewip.mp3 or eagle2 3 4 or 5...

*le sigh*

I'm gonna be getting a piano in here pretty soon. Maybe I'll look over what (if anything) is left, trackwise.