Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

Prophet, might one ask for your saxaphone abilities for one's track? As per our convo last night, I started doing some writing and I think a mellow jazz-ish sax vibe would be a good counterpoint (I'm just reaching for musical terms here, lol) to the guitar melody. I'll try to get you another WIP with improved writing within the next two weeks.

PS. LuketheXjesse, love the King Crimson Sig. One of my favorite albums of all time.

Prophet, might one ask for your saxaphone abilities for one's track? As per our convo last night, I started doing some writing and I think a mellow jazz-ish sax vibe would be a good counterpoint (I'm just reaching for musical terms here, lol) to the guitar melody. I'll try to get you another WIP with improved writing within the next two weeks.

PS. LuketheXjesse, love the King Crimson Sig. One of my favorite albums of all time.

i'm fine with that as long as it doesn't extend into, like, kenny g-style smooth jazz, or some stupid shit like that. gotta stick with our vibe here.

Consider he's a Crimso fan, I doubt it'll be smooth jazz. :>

--Eino

Heh well, Eino, I don't know if it's right for me to subject Brad to the finger-breaking stylings that might entail, but then again, I like seeing Brad struggle :razz:

Brad - It'll be within the vibe, and DEFINITELY not Kenny G style. Think more Pink Floyd-ish, maybe a bit more aggressive than that even. It'll be fun and not boring, that I can guarantee you.

Also, another quick question that comes to mind - is there a policy on using SFX from the original games in these mixes? Not ripping any musical FX or the like, but sounds like the swords and whatnot.

Heh well, Eino, I don't know if it's right for me to subject Brad to the finger-breaking stylings that might entail, but then again, I like seeing Brad struggle :razz:

Brad - It'll be within the vibe, and DEFINITELY not Kenny G style. Think more Pink Floyd-ish, maybe a bit more aggressive than that even. It'll be fun and not boring, that I can guarantee you.

Also, another quick question that comes to mind - is there a policy on using SFX from the original games in these mixes? Not ripping any musical FX or the like, but sounds like the swords and whatnot.

There are several remixes on this site that already use SFX from the games, for example the Zelda 64 song Anthem of a Misguided Youth by chthonic. So it should be alright. :)

Anyone interested in some downloadable midis of Links Awakening's soundtrack?

This is not the whole soundtrack, but I thought it could still be useful to someone.

Sounds like a great project, filled with a lot of memories for those behind it.

I hope it can come to fruition during this year.

I dunno if I can bring the whole rock-electro-orchestral-melancholic vibe to life, but I'll give it a try. ;-)

I'm looking at track 5 - Mysterious Woods. Would it be ok with you if I upload the remix on OCremix temp storage when it's done?

Don't worry by the way, I'll get to work fast, and I still have lots of memories from this dreamy chapter of the saga.

But it's not about being uber, or up to the standards (which are way to high for me right now).

It's just I'm kind of a perfectionist, so I better start now cause it'll take me some time.

sloopygoop is in with a fierce chiptune arrangement of choose your name (actually fits the vibe pretty well, too). his WIP was 8 minutes long, for goodness sake. we could just pare that down and consider it done.

soundtest is done after he sends his track to me in final form, his last wip was basically done as far as i'm concerned.

mokram, your track kicks MAJOR ASS. you're in, dawg! love the beat.