Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

I'm w/ Kinslayer - SUPER excited for this project :) This game was an important one in my childhood..

So this one time, I was slashing up bushes for rupees, for what seemed like an hour.

And then I bought a shovel!

So this one time, I was digging up dirt for rupees...

got a final cut from dj mokram a little while ago - he's gotta upload a wave to me or the server (hay dafydd i lost my logon information in a recent reinstall can you send it to me again). talked to blind on the phone, managed to mix up one of his mixes with one of haroon piracha's, which was embarassing, but we chatted about his mix and what he's gonna do. been recieving material from others, too, including level 99. we're moving along, but it'll still be a while till release.

I'm still lurking around here, watching the progress of the project. If I ever get time I might try to knock something up.

I know I've said that like five times now, though, so don't hold your breath or anything.

In personal news I've managed to find out how to get my speakers to work on my CentOS real-time install, which means if I can just figure out my audio setup again I'll be in business. Though the real issue for me is time. I might give it a shot next weekend, since I should have that weekend open.

Submitting one to DoD would make a neat teaser though.

I would still leave that to Brad, and while it's great to get outside reviews of the song if it warrants any tweeking, and is great to tease from the project, if NO ONE ELSE submitted a Zelda: LA mix, the anonymity would immediately be compromised based on what song it is. Someone could just come on here and see who did what song and boom, disqualified on bias. Then again, maybe I'm taking the wrong approach here, but I'd say that's a fine line anyone would walk...

disqualified on bias

Nah. There are virtually no cross OCR/TheShizz posters anyway so noone on theshizz would know it was from this project and noone on OCR would bother to tell Paragon they know what song it is. The few cross posters that do exist (LuIzA, me, Nekofrog, Demonstray) wouldn't vote based on bias anyway.

It wouldn't be a big deal.

Nah. There are virtually no cross OCR/TheShizz posters anyway so noone on theshizz would know it was from this project and noone on ocr would bother to tell paragon they know what song it is. The few cross posters that do exist (LuIzA, me, Nekofrog, Demonstray) wouldn't vote based on bias anyway.

Nothing to worry about :P

Eh, I'm still a paranoid fuck about these things though, y'know? Paranoia's kept my ass safe for years. Hey, don't forget I'm gonna start trying to do DoD more too! Anyways, we've said enough, let's see how long it takes Prophet to respond (hopefully not too long).

Luke, you aware of the stylistic requirement for this project? I don't think reflective and rainy-day music would mix well with DoD.

Also, DKC2 is probably getting released by the end of the year. We aren't anywhere near even an approximate date.

b-sides, i think me, brad, stevo, and rexy are the only ones with live instruments and as rexy knows, piano + dod = not good (stoopid metalheads)

also you used the censored pic and didn't host it on imageshack or something. failzors.

Eh, I'm still a paranoid fuck about these things though, y'know? Paranoia's kept my ass safe for years. Hey, don't forget I'm gonna start trying to do DoD more too! Anyways, we've said enough, let's see how long it takes Prophet to respond (hopefully not too long).

I can see where you're coming from on the paranoia part. You're actually getting to be a big deal 'round these parts, so you'd probably have to worry more about bias. Me, I'm too new to get any bias for myself, which is why I'm so laid back about it. My bad.

Here's a story: for the last free month that took place, before I submitted my song, it was actually an entry for ThaSauce's Freshly Baked Remixer Challenge and I had posted it in the WIP forums. Then Demonstray had to say "DUDE THIS IS YOUR FBRC SONG" in the damn DoD thread, which really pissed me off. I simply posted "Noone on OCR votes for this anyway" and I never got disqualified or anything.

well i'm not submitting my piano mix to dod because ANONYMITY HAS BEEN COMPROMISED

if anything, I think maybe something from the Pokémon project would be better. i don't think we're far enough long to start doing teasers or something.

but that's just me let's wait for brad

ANYHOW, inspiration for mixers on this project:

I'm still interested in supplying vocals for this project. This was the first video game I owned, so it holds a special place in my heart.

You should narrate every single song. Every single one. And talk about random things, not just LoZ:LA stuff. Like, talk about mortgages and philosophy and cooking. That'd be sweet.

What kind of vocals were you offering to supply?