Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

what what what holy crap

Looking forward to seeing all that artwork. Are they all going to have the watercolory goodness of Calebyte's cover, or will they show moody somewhat melancholy peaceful reflective nostalgia in different ways? That cover's pretty great.

I had a similar idea for Essence of Lime, but didn't think anyone would be willing to do that much work. Then again, this project has fewer tracks.

Still working out all the kinks. Much of the art will be along those same lines though. Most of my own pieces will be watercolory. The other artists will obviously put their own creative spin on things, but all the works will be cohesive. There will be one illustration to accompany each track.

Glad you like the cover :)

All I'd like to do is to encourage you folks, because not only you are remixing one of my all-time favorite games (and the first game I've ever owned), but I am so excited to see songs remixed that are not just Tal Tal Heights and Ballad of the Windfish. There are so many tracks in LA that get overlooked in favor of these two (great) tracks, but the prospect of hearing a remix of Face Shrine? Or a remix of Eagle Tower?

I am abuzz with anticipation.

Stay Gold, Ponyboy. Stay Gold.

Congrats to theophany. I'm looking forward to hearing it and sound test's version. I probably won't update my track until Christmas break. Very busy. And then, MAGFEST! YAY!

Thanks, man. I look forward to hearing your work too. I'm always fascinated to hear different takes on the same source material. It's one of the things I love most about OCR. Also can't wait to hear the other tracks... The fact that there's no deadline to this project kind of makes me wonder how long I'm going to have to wait to hear everyone else's work, but I understand doing it this way will yield some most awesome results.

i'm looking forward to meeting you, obtuse. i'll be there!

also, emperor, face shrine is my baby. one of my first completely finished remixes that i felt was good enough to pass through the gates of OCR's judges, and then i made it BETTER with a full orchestral accompaniment to fill out the original string quartet, harp, piano, and saxophone arrangement.

I would also like to echo Obtuse's congratulations to Theophany. These are the first mixes of Tail Cave on OCR since 2000 (http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00102/), so these takes are definitely going to be fresh. Scott Peeples' mix from back in the day is still worth listening to if you have not done so though. A nice hard-drivin' mix.

Thanks... I hadn't heard this one, actually. It's really good. Tail Cave isn't the easiest, most melodic track to remix, it's kind of nebulous and slow moving, so it was surprisingly cool to see Peeples made a dance track out of it. I think it's hard to compete with a dance/trance oriented track when your going for an ambient or chilled out kind of feeling, but on the flip side, I kind of feel like there's quite a lot of electronica and energetic work on the site already, so hopefully people who aren't into that as much will really appreciate this album, and our takes on the source material. I certainly will.

Look forward to hearing your work :D

• 2 weeks later...