Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

how did i miss this thread?

anyways if there's anything i can help with, gimme a holler.

because you don't listen to me when I talk to you, asswad.

Also:

Eon, give me something to hear, and I'll tell you if you can remix for us. If you have time, it'd be cool if you could throw a little art or something our way...

edit: oops, double post.

The joker is on as well...

Just a reminder here: Make sure that you can work within the genre/mood restrictions I've set out. I'm not looking for upbeat stuff, hard-rocking stuff, or hip-hop. Also, I'm not looking for STRAIGHT orchestral, soft-rock, and ambient/electronic. I'd prefer a mixture of (at least two of) the three. However, don't be discouraged. Start a short wip, and if it doesn't fit the mood, I'll see if I can point you in a direction that fits more with my vision for the project.

how did i miss this thread?

anyways if there's anything i can help with, gimme a holler.

because you don't listen to me when I talk to you, asswad.

Also:

Eon, give me something to hear, and I'll tell you if you can remix for us. If you have time, it'd be cool if you could throw a little art or something our way...

edit: oops, double post.

The joker is on as well...

Just a reminder here: Make sure that you can work within the genre/mood restrictions I've set out. I'm not looking for upbeat stuff, hard-rocking stuff, or hip-hop. Also, I'm not looking for STRAIGHT orchestral, soft-rock, and ambient/electronic. I'd prefer a mixture of (at least two of) the three. However, don't be discouraged. Start a short wip, and if it doesn't fit the mood, I'll see if I can point you in a direction that fits more with my vision for the project.

I cannot remix for you. Art, yes; remix, no. Unless I get really good all of a sudden, and can pick up a track that no one else wanted, I don't think I'll be able to offer anything interesting.

I'll mess around with some artwork when I get the chance. I guess that's quite a ways off anyway.

Well, nekko, at the moment, all I can say is that there isn't really anything going on in that wip.

I mean...basically, it's just the original, but with your own instruments. The samples aren't too great, unfortunately, and the synth is alright. Just, at the moment, it doesn't seem that that's the kind of material that would benefit the project.

By the way, that bell doesn't have the range to play notes that low. The lower notes go off-key.

Agreed. Its an early stage and I was just trying to get the idea across. I wasn't submitting this and probably won't be soon. I'll be working on it and making it deeper. I'll post it again once it actually has substance. Thanks for the input though.

!Nekko!. you're a cool dood. work on something and submit it to oc regardless of what direction the project takes.

Hey Starky, can I call you Starky?

Anyway Starky, did you enjoy It's My Turn to Dream at all? Just curious. Also, I am looking forward to trying a broad soundscape involving lots of dreamy synths, acoustic drumset, minimal orchestral elements such as strings and solo winds, and live played classical acoustic guitar. You can also count on a lot of tastefully applied reverb, filters, and maybe some subtle distortion.

I'll pick a track by tommorrow night, if not by the end of tonight.

-chth

Anyway Starky, did you enjoy It's My Turn to Dream at all? Just curious. Also, I am looking forward to trying a broad soundscape involving lots of dreamy synths, acoustic drumset, minimal orchestral elements such as strings and solo winds, and live played classical acoustic guitar. You can also count on a lot of tastefully applied reverb, filters, and maybe some subtle distortion.

-chth

i hate it when people actually know what they're doing...cause I don't.

-chth

i hate it when people actually know what they're doing...cause I don't.

FUN FACT: That was a bunch of wordy bullshit that basically means "I'm going to try to make it slow". :)

-chth

It seems to me like some people are getting pithy...

*glares around patronizingly*

Anyway, chrktonic (it's faster to keymash your name than to remember the order of the first four letters...), I didn't LIKE 'my turn to dream' but I also didn't hate it. Redundant: I would have been indifferent to it, were it not for my distaste for any remixes at all of Link's Awakening material. (I am sure That I will have to fight back that predisposition all the time during this project...) I figure if the project is under my supervision, there's a better chance that I will feel each song has been done justice.

That said, I can appreciate the arrangement and quality of the work you did with it. Blah blah blah

I guess it seems like I might be antagonizing you specifically, but I'm not trying to antagonize anyone.

Anyway, your fancy wordiness... though it sounds fancy, and wordy, isn't really going to help me understand what you're going to do...

I'm thinking that the best way to remedy that would be to...apply the ideas...and make a wip :)

Also, for the masses: sarcasm is like...stupid. shut up.

It seems to me like some people are getting pithy...

*glares around patronizingly*

Anyway, chrktonic (it's faster to keymash your name than to remember the order of the first four letters...), I didn't LIKE 'my turn to dream' but I also didn't hate it. Redundant: I would have been indifferent to it, were it not for my distaste for any remixes at all of Link's Awakening material. (I am sure That I will have to fight back that predisposition all the time during this project...) I figure if the project is under my supervision, there's a better chance that I will feel each song has been done justice.

That said, I can appreciate the arrangement and quality of the work you did with it. Blah blah blah

I guess it seems like I might be antagonizing you specifically, but I'm not trying to antagonize anyone.

Anyway, your fancy wordiness... though it sounds fancy, and wordy, isn't really going to help me understand what you're going to do...

I'm thinking that the best way to remedy that would be to...apply the ideas...and make a wip :)

Also, for the masses: sarcasm is like...stupid. shut up.

You remind me of me. :) I'll get that WiP as soon as possible.

-chth

Just a reminder to remixers...

Please don't post your WIP in this thread... Send to Aetherius or I through IRC, PM, or AIM...

Aetherius' AIM: DrFrankenPhreak

Escariot's AIM: Escariot45

to clarify further: you may post wips or songs if they are your audition pieces, however, once your song has been confirmed as yours to work on, your wips are to be private until December 10th.

Are you still taking remixers? Here's some of my recent music if you are.

The Betrayal - RPG Pre-battle music/orchestral

Battle with Judas - RPG battle music/orchestral

The Day the World Crashed (WIP) - Chrono Trigger Remix/ambient/electronica

The Garden (WIP) - Ambient

well, I've only listened to the Ct remix wip as yet, but it sounds pretty good. I'll sign you up.

Are you still taking remixers? Here's some of my recent music if you are.

The Betrayal - RPG Pre-battle music/orchestral

Battle with Judas - RPG battle music/orchestral

The Day the World Crashed (WIP) - Chrono Trigger Remix/ambient/electronica

The Garden (WIP) - Ambient

well, I've only listened to the Ct remix wip as yet, but it sounds pretty good. I'll sign you up.

Sweet. So assuming that you don't change your mind and kick me out after hearing the other songs (:lol:), can I take on Tail Cave? I'm thinking sort of a darker ambient/orchestral sound with more of an emphasis on the ambient.