Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

Hmmm...well, I haven't been having any fun with Turtle Rock at all...and actually have been working on a Tail Cave track myself...

But I guess it's up to Starky in the end anyway. I'll still be working on it.

Edit: Hmmm, to the guy who is also working on Tail Cave, if you would like to collab on Tail Cave, I have some stuff down so far, rather than us competing. But it's up to you.

Just on an important note:

the point of this thread is to keep everyone up to date on what's going on, etc.

So...if you can't do your song, or you want to do something different, let me know before you throw all your eggs into a new basket.

Also, Like I've said a million times, you can't go saying 'hey, I'll take this song~!' before I've even heard whether your music is worth listening to any more than it's worth listening to a cow fart, skidmarks.

the point of this thread is to keep everyone up to date on what's going on, etc.

So...if you can't do your song, or you want to do something different, let me know before you throw all your eggs into a new basket.

Also, Like I've said a million times, you can't go saying 'hey, I'll take this song~!' before I've even heard whether your music is worth listening to any more than it's worth listening to a cow fart, skidmarks.

well I can give you something easily (I just figure for some reason you had...cause it is on this forum...so yeah ^^; )

http://rapidshare.de/files/7293569/BleedMyTears.mp3.html

BAM

there

well I can give you something easily (I just figure for some reason you had...cause it is on this forum...so yeah ^^; )

BAM

there

You really should indicate that this is a WIP, and not a fully completed mix. That may color his opinion somewhat.

Unless, of course, it is already complete.

BAM

there

You really should indicate that this is a WIP, and not a fully completed mix. That may color his opinion somewhat.

Unless, of course, it is already complete.

If I do anything else it is volume tweeks that it..it is technicly finished in my book.

there are about 3 and a half songs left.

However, Magininja has the prior claim on either 'inside the egg' or 'the last battle'

Rev, sorry. I'm giving tailcave to Monobrow. If you want, try one of the other songs. If you're interested, also try 'mysterious woods' or slime cave, considering Doug doesn't look like he even remembers he's on the project...

Usa, your bitterness saddens and amuses me. refrain from posting again, unless you have something non flammatory to say.

Slothboy, I'll take a look at your song, but I'm getting swamped with remixers, and I'm running low on songs to divide between people. I may simply have to tell people no whether or not they've got the talent I'm looking for or not. Apologies to all.

Also, for the record, If I complain about your sound quality, and you love your sound quality, then we have issues. I will not allow something with sounds I dislike to be on the project, so the ultimate solution is to find something I do like, or shove off. I'd prefer the former, especially if the other parts of the song are good.

anyway, that's all today. I'll try to get confirmations from the aforementioned people who are telling me they're doing a song, and haven't turned anything up for me yet.

Sorry if you don't get included in the project, it's just the way things go. Seventeen tracks is a lot of songs, but eighteen remixers is still one too many.

Edit: Slothboy,

I've just listened to your FFVIII remix...butas cool as it may be...I'm not looking for dance or techno or trance or that kind of thing. I'm looking for mellow slowed down stuff, so...if you have anything like that to show me, that'd be good, cause I don't know from this whether you can actually do what I'm looking for.

I can take anything I posted a song further up. I can understand if you don't want me in this...just let me know.

I am also sorry for being so naive

here is the song again, incase you didn't notice it:

Candlelit Corridors (bloody Tears)

Just FYI your song has almost a minute of silence at the end, unless winamp deceives me. And yeah, sorry I wasn't here for the anything, kinda forgot about it. But it looks like you've got enough mixers anyway so whatever. Good luck.

Usa, your bitterness saddens and amuses me. refrain from posting again, unless you have something non flammatory to say.

What bitterness? As you might have noticed already, I'm not down or something now just because you don't want me on the project. There's always VGMix! :)

Also, for the record, If I complain about your sound quality, and you love your sound quality, then we have issues. I will not allow something with sounds I dislike to be on the project, so the ultimate solution is to find something I do like, or shove off. I'd prefer the former, especially if the other parts of the song are good.

It's OK to give hints what you like and what not, but it's not OK to take away artistic freedom from remixers by telling them what to do and what not in such a nitpicky way. Unless you want them to be remixing slaves, instead of remixers. But then, wouldn't it be best if you took over all of the tracks to ensure they are exactly the way you like them to be? Yes, this is the truth. Face it, man! :P

And talking about flammatory or unfriendly manners, there are more friendly ways to say you don't like a mix to be on the project, for example "Sorry, but this is not exactly the sound I was looking for, I don't think it fits the planned project's mood" or something like that. We could have talked about everything, I might even have changed the sounds you didn't like that much - but the way you talked with/about me didn't make me feel like I was accepted and respected as a human being in the first place. And that is the main reason why I don't feel like participating anymore.

What bitterness? As you might have noticed already, I'm not down or something now just because you don't want me on the project. There's always VGMix! :)

There is no such thing as Vgmix, it is a fiction, created by virt to let angry people think they have talent, to the sane population, it's a horror story.

It's OK to give hints what you like and what not, but it's not OK to take away artistic freedom from remixers by telling them what to do and what not in such a nitpicky way. Unless you want them to be remixing slaves, instead of remixers. But then, wouldn't it be best if you took over all of the tracks to ensure they are exactly the way you like them to be? Yes, this is the truth. Face it, man! :P

It is entirely okay for me to tell you what you can and can't do on this project. It's my project. read the first page.

And talking about flammatory or unfriendly manners, there are more friendly ways to say you don't like a mix to be on the project, for example "Sorry, but this is not exactly the sound I was looking for, I don't think it fits the planned project's mood" or something like that. We could have talked about everything, I might even have changed the sounds you didn't like that much - but the way you talked with/about me didn't make me feel like I was accepted and respected as a human being in the first place. And that is the main reason why I don't feel like participating anymore.

The song was the type of song I was looking for. The sounds you used in the song were not.

It is not in my nature to say something other than what I think, the way I think it.

I didn't talk about you.

You weren't participating, originally.

Furthermore, I hereby declare that should anyone even THINK of making a post in this thread, they must read the first post, and click any links therein.

As the person running the project, it is at my discretion which songs are given to whom, who may be given a song, and what kind of song I want to be given, in which way.

Whether I limit your creative freedom is not at question. I most certainly will limit your creative freedom, for the good of the project, and for the good of my sanity. I stated from the beginning that I view all of the songs on this soundtrack with reverence, and I feel that for my own sake, the songs should be remixed, and remixed how I see fit.

I see no reason in starting a project, and allowing it to have songs I dislike on it. That's ridiculous.

The wips I have from the people already on the project are exemplary of the way I would like this project to sound, and they do a very good job. I haven't had to limit anyone's 'creative freedom' as yet, beyond the original stipulations regarding genre and mood. I imagine this is because I would not allow there to be someone on my project who would not be able to meet the requirements I've laid out.

If you don't like the way I do things, tough, go remix on your own, or join another project with a nicer producer. Or suck it up. I do things my way, and I'm open to change and suggestion, but I have no sympathy for those who refuse to accept my terms.

I'm in charge.

Tough titty.

Now, I will have no more posts in this thread that are in any way argumentative. As of now, this thread is, and should be for the recruitment of remixers, and assignment of tracks. When all the tracks are assigned, and everyone has a wip ready, I will release the wips, and we can all start discussing the wips, but until then, this thread is strictly business.

Starting.....now.

I love you all, but not nearly as I love myself and raspberry pie,

Starky

edit: Shinny,

I'll get to you tomorrow, no worries.

I can take anything I posted a song further up. I can understand if you don't want me in this...just let me know.

I am also sorry for being so naive

here is the song again, incase you didn't notice it:

Candlelit Corridors (bloody Tears)

Just FYI your song has almost a minute of silence at the end, unless winamp deceives me. And yeah, sorry I wasn't here for the anything, kinda forgot about it. But it looks like you've got enough mixers anyway so whatever. Good luck.

I KNOW grrr...I donno what is making it happen, it drives me absolutely insane, it doesn't show up when im working on the song however -.- ugh

edit: Shinny,

I'll get to you tomorrow, no worries.

No biggy, take your time

uh, aeth - you might want to change the name of the thread. we don't need mixers anymore, from what i can see.

well there are still songs open, there are many signed up, just not all of them have picked...as seeing the ones that say "undecided"

so there is still possible room for someone if they get on it and attack it (metaphoricly)